2023 Texas Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

Maybe @SydneyCarton can take it easy now knowing we have a receivers coach. Dare anyone ask about special assistant to the HC position? NOT ON HIS WATCH!

If he cared to look up their stats as he has said he did he'd notice Kirk posted career high catches, yards, and touchdowns this year while Zay Jones posted career highs in catches and yards. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Maybe @SydneyCarton can take it easy now knowing we have a receivers coach. Dare anyone ask about special assistant to the HC position? NOT ON HIS WATCH!

You think this is funny somehow, but I'd remind you that within minutes of any tweet discussing the coaching change hitting the internet, it popped up here almost immediately. Which was sort of my point when I said "asking the board open ended questions about there being any news is sort of stupid." 

But go ahead, ask, dummy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

You think this is funny somehow, but I'd remind you that within minutes of any tweet discussing the coaching change hitting the internet, it popped up here almost immediately. Which was sort of my point when I said "asking the board open ended questions about there being any news is sort of stupid." 

But go ahead, ask, dummy. 

Malding GIF - MALDING - Discover & Share GIFs

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

I know he’s a TE….but the resurrection of Engram in the passing game has to be in part attributed to Jackson.  I’m gruntled

Yep, and he made a lateral move.  Easy sell "want to get into the NFL?  I actually coached the position in the NFL"

3 minutes ago, Jamaal.25 said:

Ok, so at this point, I am 100% convinced that BO&W is a long game sock of CTJ with the intent of sending Sydney to a psych ward.

fans GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

FCB on the WR coach search

— We’ve mentioned Steve Sarkisian’s search for a receivers coach has included Chris Jackson, the receivers coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars, who has connections to Jeff Banks (college teammates at Washington State) and to Margin Hooks, a prominent Texas-based trainer of receivers who has worked with 2022 five-star Evan Stewart (Texas A&M); 2023 five-star Johntay Cook (early enrollee at Texas), Isaiah Neyor (Texas) and is currently working with 2024 five-star and UT target Micah Hudson.

According to a source close to the situation, Sarkisian is also considering Indiana co-offensive coordinator/receivers coach Adam Henry, who was a quality control coach on offense for the Oakland Raiders under Sarkisian colleague Lane Kiffin back in 2007 and 2008 before becoming the receivers coach at LSU (2012-14), where he coached Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry.

Henry's reputation as a strong developer of talent led to him being hired in 2015 as the receivers coach of the San Francisco 49ers under Jim Tomsula, who was fired after one season.

Henry was reunited with Beckham in 2016 when Henry was hired as the New York Giants’ receivers coach under Ben McAdoo - a season in which Beckham had a career-high 101 receptions for 1,367 yards and 10 touchdowns, earning his third straight Pro Bowl trip.

In 2017, Beckham suffered a season-ending ankle injury four games into the year, the Giants finished 3-13 and McAdoo was fired.

In 2018, Henry was hired as receivers coach with the Cleveland Browns, where would be reunited with both Landry and Beckham. Landry went to his fourth and fifth Pro Bowls in 2018 (81 catches, 976 yards, 4 TDs) and 2019 (83 catches, 1,174 yards, 6 TDs). Beckham arrived in Cleveland in 2019, catching 74 passes for 1,035 yards and four TDs before coach Freddie Kitchens was fired.

In 2020 and 2021, Henry was the receivers coach of the Dallas Cowboys, working with Amari Cooper, who had a career-high 92 receptions for 1,114 yards and five touchdowns in 2020; and with CeeDee Lamb, who went to his first Pro Bowl in 2021 with 79 catches for 1,102 yards and six touchdowns.

Following the 2021 season, Henry moved on from the Cowboys due to a personal matter, according to a source, and became the co-offensive coordinator and receivers coach at Indiana.

Sarkisian has made it clear in talking to candidates for the receivers coaching job that he is looking for an experienced, strong receivers coach who can connect with all kinds of personalities. My NFL sources say Jackson and Henry both check those boxes. One source said Henry might be waiting to see if an NFL opportunity opened up before making any final decisions.

Stay tuned.

Jeez, that's a heck of a resume for Henry. Very different from "1 year as Jags WR coach"

Anyone know what the Jackson connection with Hooks is? Just curious.

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Anyone know what the Jackson connection with Hooks is? Just curious.

They spent time in the NFL together with the Dolphins, I believe. It might have been just training camp before both were cut but they did cross paths.

Edited by Hookem2147

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

He's better than O'Brien. That being said, if Lebby wants to move onto HC at someplace that isn't FAU or Louisiana, I would think a few years under the master program builder and GOAT would probably look good on his resume, not to mention the actual experience understanding of how a major program gets run, and what that looks like and entails. A year under Lane Kiffin and a few years at Baylor without the key element of institutionalized rape, not to mention a year under Skeletor in HIS first year doesn't exactly scream "I've got this Head Coach gig all figured out."

At least Milroe would have a chance under Lebby's scheme.

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

FCB on the WR coach search

— We’ve mentioned Steve Sarkisian’s search for a receivers coach has included Chris Jackson, the receivers coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars, who has connections to Jeff Banks (college teammates at Washington State) and to Margin Hooks, a prominent Texas-based trainer of receivers who has worked with 2022 five-star Evan Stewart (Texas A&M); 2023 five-star Johntay Cook (early enrollee at Texas), Isaiah Neyor (Texas) and is currently working with 2024 five-star and UT target Micah Hudson.

According to a source close to the situation, Sarkisian is also considering Indiana co-offensive coordinator/receivers coach Adam Henry, who was a quality control coach on offense for the Oakland Raiders under Sarkisian colleague Lane Kiffin back in 2007 and 2008 before becoming the receivers coach at LSU (2012-14), where he coached Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry.

Henry's reputation as a strong developer of talent led to him being hired in 2015 as the receivers coach of the San Francisco 49ers under Jim Tomsula, who was fired after one season.

Henry was reunited with Beckham in 2016 when Henry was hired as the New York Giants’ receivers coach under Ben McAdoo - a season in which Beckham had a career-high 101 receptions for 1,367 yards and 10 touchdowns, earning his third straight Pro Bowl trip.

In 2017, Beckham suffered a season-ending ankle injury four games into the year, the Giants finished 3-13 and McAdoo was fired.

In 2018, Henry was hired as receivers coach with the Cleveland Browns, where would be reunited with both Landry and Beckham. Landry went to his fourth and fifth Pro Bowls in 2018 (81 catches, 976 yards, 4 TDs) and 2019 (83 catches, 1,174 yards, 6 TDs). Beckham arrived in Cleveland in 2019, catching 74 passes for 1,035 yards and four TDs before coach Freddie Kitchens was fired.

In 2020 and 2021, Henry was the receivers coach of the Dallas Cowboys, working with Amari Cooper, who had a career-high 92 receptions for 1,114 yards and five touchdowns in 2020; and with CeeDee Lamb, who went to his first Pro Bowl in 2021 with 79 catches for 1,102 yards and six touchdowns.

Following the 2021 season, Henry moved on from the Cowboys due to a personal matter, according to a source, and became the co-offensive coordinator and receivers coach at Indiana.

Sarkisian has made it clear in talking to candidates for the receivers coaching job that he is looking for an experienced, strong receivers coach who can connect with all kinds of personalities. My NFL sources say Jackson and Henry both check those boxes. One source said Henry might be waiting to see if an NFL opportunity opened up before making any final decisions.

Stay tuned.

At least this Chip Brown article confirmed that Adam Henry & Chris Jackson was Sark's top 2 choices among his finalists.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

From [mention=1734]pacman[/mention] on the Football Board

Chris Mitchell hired as WR Coach

The football board is just shy of 3 hours behind. Sounds juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust about right.* 

*If 1 hour is equivalent to about 15 IQ points apiece. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 1

The football board is just shy of 3 hours behind. Sounds juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust about right.* 

*If 1 hour is equivalent to about 15 IQ points apiece. 

Well shit.

But you gotta admit, it’s kinda odd to have the main coaching thread on the recruiting board. I get that it’s connected to recruiting…but still

13 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Well shit.

But you gotta admit, it’s kinda odd to have the main coaching thread on the recruiting board. I get that it’s connected to recruiting…but still

It’s not odd when you consider the football board is teeming with all the Stupid and many of us avoid it religiously. 

13 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Seems like Jaguar fans on Twitter are upset about losing Chris Jackson:

As someone who has been watch NFL/Cowboys football & CFB/UT football since the early 2000's, I don't think I've ever cared about the cowboys losing a position coach like I would if UT lost a top position coach.

That dildo worrying about Hooks is rich. Texas has what it needs with Hooks. Hooks is never going to do anything that serves to the detriment of Margin Hooks, irrespective of relationships. Texas can sign up to 1 player per position that is being handled by Hooks, and that's if the money is right and high. Doesn't matter who is coaching WRs unless they're extremely incompetent.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/23/2023 at 1:14 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

Lol. All I’m saying is don’t expect any new episodes. Roiland is probably black listed now 

On 1/23/2023 at 1:26 PM, texifornia said:

Oh goddammit. This fucking guy. Now I gotta change my avatar and shit.

On 1/23/2023 at 1:24 PM, SydneyCarton said:

New shit has come to light, sir. 

“Sources say Rick and Morty is set to continue, with Roiland’s voice roles to be re-cast. Co-creator Dan Harmon will now be the sole creator. The show is locked in through season 10.”

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

“Sources say Rick and Morty is set to continue, with Roiland’s voice roles to be re-cast. Co-creator Dan Harmon will now be the sole creator. The show is locked in through season 10.”

If Rick and Morty wasn’t adult swim’s biggest cash cow series, they would have ended it. But, because it brings in so much money to the network, they probably figure they have to at least attempt to continue Rick and Morty without the voices of Rick and Morty.