2023 Texas Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If Rick and Morty wasn’t adult swim’s biggest cash cow series, they would have ended it. But, because it brings in so much money to the network, they probably figure they have to at least attempt to continue Rick and Morty without the voices of Rick and Morty. 

Doesn't matter what R&M does they still gotta pay dude. So, you still watching dudes show. 

51 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

It’s clear Burton/Hamilton/IT knew it was Jackson almost two weeks ago (Hooks would seem the apparent source), but Jax beating the Chargers derailed the timeline. Plus, there was always the chance Pederson could have found a way to change Jackson’s mind, so you can never dig your heels in 100% until the ink is dry and the guy is on his way.

That Chip wrote an “article” on the search, focusing mainly on Adam Henry… that came out literally minutes before news broke that Jackson told Pederson he was leaving for Texas… shows FCB had no insight into the search, and likely only learned the name “Chris Jackson” from IT’s reporting. He was completely out of the loop, and as we all kept waiting for news, with no Jackson hiring even after the Jags season ended, the Wikipedia cut and paste of Henry’s career was a Hail Mary to make him look good in case the Jackson hire didn’t happen. 

But like his haircut, the news did not make Ol’ Chip look good.

Basically, you just put more effort into your message board post than Fuck Chip Brown has ever put into his job?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

It’s clear Burton/Hamilton/IT knew it was Jackson almost two weeks ago (Hooks would seem the apparent source), but Jax beating the Chargers derailed the timeline. Plus, there was always the chance Pederson could have found a way to change Jackson’s mind, so you can never dig your heels in 100% until the ink is dry and the guy is on his way.

That Chip wrote an “article” on the search, focusing mainly on Adam Henry… that came out literally minutes before news broke that Jackson told Pederson he was leaving for Texas… shows FCB had no insight into the search, and likely only learned the name “Chris Jackson” from IT’s reporting. He was completely out of the loop, and as we all kept waiting for news, with no Jackson hiring even after the Jags season ended, the Wikipedia cut and paste of Henry’s career was a Hail Mary to make him look good in case the Jackson hire didn’t happen. 

But like his haircut, the news did not make Ol’ Chip look good.

So @BurntOrange&White is FCB’s sock? It’s almost like you don’t know who you are talking to on the Internet these days.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, texifornia said:

a) how would you know if they were?

b) Quinn didn't exactly set the world on fire last year - it's in everyone's interest, including Milwee, for him to show improvement and raise his stock

c) his mentor is Sarkisian

d) he is making $375,000 as a QB coach only

e) there is no reason for him to leave now vs next year or 2 years down the road when he has such a good relationship with Arch and the Mannings

16 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m aware. It’s just such a transparent game that it shouldn’t be necessary. 

it lets you pay guys at a higher rate, its a win-win for everyone involved? you get better quality dudes at a higher salary and you keep your (generally) very good play caller

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

For the strategic position, the one like Patterson's, it's likely to be a significant college offensive-oriented name between jobs. A guy like Dan Mullen is an example, although I don't think it's Dan Mullen and am not hinting that way. Have no clue who it could be, really, but heard that much.

The job that Fenner took is a bit overrated by us dorks, apparently. It's kind of a handler of the handlers role and keeping up appearances with the high school coaches of import. It's not a nothing role, but Gilbert wasn't a key reason Texas landed guys in DFW versus other places. 

Had someone rave to me about Jackson today since recruiting "no longer matters" and he's reputed to be both excellent in teaching technique and keeping the WR room's head on straight. I said he'd be a terrible hire, but I'll evolve my view and hope for the best. Still think Henry was a better choice. The third guy Hooks recommended may well have been ... Hooks.

Holmon Wiggins lost his room at Bama this year and will be fired once the new OC comes in, supposedly, and that was a problem for him with UT when considering guys for WR coach. Samples is also viewed as another guy who is going to be more friend than boss with a room of divas. Worthy, Mitchell, and Cook are all high, high level stereotypical divas. Cook is basically Ricky Jerret, which I find funny.

😁

59 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

For the strategic position, the one like Patterson's, it's likely to be a significant college offensive-oriented name between jobs. A guy like Dan Mullen is an example, although I don't think it's Dan Mullen and am not hinting that way. Have no clue who it could be, really, but heard that much.

The job that Fenner took is a bit overrated by us dorks, apparently. It's kind of a handler of the handlers role and keeping up appearances with the high school coaches of import. It's not a nothing role, but Gilbert wasn't a key reason Texas landed guys in DFW versus other places. 

Had someone rave to me about Jackson today since recruiting "no longer matters" and he's reputed to be both excellent in teaching technique and keeping the WR room's head on straight. I said he'd be a terrible hire, but I'll evolve my view and hope for the best. Still think Henry was a better choice. The third guy Hooks recommended may well have been ... Hooks.

Holmon Wiggins lost his room at Bama this year and will be fired once the new OC comes in, supposedly, and that was a problem for him with UT when considering guys for WR coach. Samples is also viewed as another guy who is going to be more friend than boss with a room of divas. Worthy, Mitchell, and Cook are all high, high level stereotypical divas. Cook is basically Ricky Jerret, which I find funny.

Scott Frost incoming!

Kind of wild that Hooks has gotten himself into a position to be recommending WR coaches to UT. I did wonder if he'd be considered but he content with his current situation. Probably a lot less stressful..

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Brainstorming just for fun, some other offense big names without a job: Scott Frost, Bryan Harsin (lol), David Shaw (somehow might be landing Broncos job), Cutcliffe, Kliff (no chance), Karl Dorrell if he counts. 

I would've had Clay Helton at the top of the list (Sark's former OC and from Houston) but apparently he's the HC at Georgia St.

edit: Justin Fuente is another one. Was at TCU for a while with GP

Edited by Tex-19

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The third guy Hooks recommended may well have been ... Hooks.

If Hooks wanted to do the WR coach thing, you would have to think that Texas would jump all over that. He has a pipeline to every elite WR in DFW for the next few years, and he is as respected of a position coach as you would find. Especially with Sark's relationship, I don't see how he would pass on that. 

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Brainstorming just for fun, some other offense big names without a job: Scott Frost, Bryan Harsin (lol), David Shaw (somehow might be landing Broncos job), Cutcliffe, Kliff (no chance), Karl Dorrell if he counts. 

I would've had Clay Helton at the top of the list (Sark's former OC and from Houston) but apparently he's the HC at Georgia St.

That's an ugly list.

Cutcliffe is interesting.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

If Hooks wanted to do the WR coach thing, you would have to think that Texas would jump all over that. He has a pipeline to every elite WR in DFW for the next few years, and he is as respected of a position coach as you would find. Especially with Sark's relationship, I don't see how he would pass on that. 

Hooks has no coaching resume. Jackson was a trainer, preparing players for the NFL, before he was a coach. From that perspective, Jackson was a better candidate. I still think Henry was the best candidate, but Jackson is apparently a great fit for what Sarkisian is thinking he needs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Of the realistic options, Bryan Harsin would be a good hire. That Boise St./Chris Petersen/Bryan Harsin offense fits a lot of what Sark likes to do. Justin Fuentes also seem solid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Holmon Wiggins lost his room at Bama this year and will be fired once the new OC comes in, supposedly, and that was a problem for him with UT when considering guys for WR coach. 

That’s consistent with what I heard outside of Bama, and why I shot down the Wiggins suggestions from posters over the last two weeks. I had thought it would have happened already based on the dominos that are supposedly falling. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Seth Littrell isn't doing anything other than collecting a paycheck from North Texas.

5 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

My bet is on Darrell Dickey.

• Rage+1 1