2023 Texas Coaching and Support Staff Thread

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Texas related - Marion still an option for Tulsa

Tulsa must have told him no, cause there is no way he takes this job while still in the running for Tulsa. 

if we lose Marion I hope the first two calls are to Samples and Jeff Scott. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

Tulsa must have told him no, cause there is no way he takes this job while still in the running for Tulsa. 

Those are great options, would Sark take a swing at his buddy Wiggins from Bama?

26 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Those are great options, would Sark take a swing at his buddy Wiggins from Bama?

Will he? I’m sure he will. Sark loves anything Bama. I’m also sure he would like to interview Tee Martin. But truth be told Wiggins hasn’t shown me anything especially these last two years. Recruiting to Bama is easy but that WR room outside of Meechie hasn’t been developed well. 

Will he? I’m sure he will. Sark loves anything Bama. I’m also sure he would like to interview Tee Martin. But truth be told Wiggins hasn’t shown me anything especially these last two years. Recruiting to Bama is easy but that WR room outside of Meechie hasn’t been developed well. 

Tee Martin would be a nice get if Marion leaves.

5 hours ago, FreeHorn said:

I feel like Samples could be fantastic hire and would hopefully help us really lockdown DFW. I still have questions about his ability to develop - particularly since he's been coaching running backs. In any case, I definitely wouldn't complain if they brought him back. I'm also hoping he blocked out whatever he may or may not have learned from Meekins and Mehringer... 

Edited by campcrunk

6 hours ago, FreeHorn said:

1 hour ago, campcrunk said:

I feel like Samples could be fantastic hire and would hopefully help us really lockdown DFW. I still have questions about his ability to develop - particularly since he's been coaching running backs. In any case, I definitely wouldn't complain if they brought him back. I'm also hoping he blocked out whatever he may or may not have learned from Meekins and Mehringer... 

How about finally getting Malcolm Kelly from TCU?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, campcrunk said:

McVay had to re-assign another position coach to  assist Samples with the RB’s in the middle of the season this year if that gives you any indication as to how he’s viewed as a developer.

Doesn’t mean he can’t get better and like you mentioned he started his career off working with receivers so maybe he’s more comfortable at that spot, but still interesting to note.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Bobby also said that Tulsa might not be able to meet Odom's desired pay. 

I have a tough time seeing them going with Marion. Think they want someone with more skins on the wall, even if that isn't Odom.

Edited by Hookem2147

On 12/2/2022 at 8:28 AM, Hornlover said:

LMFAO. 

No, I'm not laughing at your gif. I'm correcting you. It was LMFAO that released this masterpiece, sir. Give them the respect that they're due. 

What exactly do you think you're correcting? 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Viper said:

What exactly do you think you're correcting? 

13 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I wasn't going to say anything but, yeah lol (or I guess, lmfao!) Not sure what the point of pride there is. 

He called them Party Rock, as if they were some one-hit wonder, known only by the title of their only hit song. .

These are music industry icons. Besmirch the fine, upstanding name of LMFAO at your own peril. 

If Marion is angling for the Oregon OC job, then I think that is unlikely as well. Those are the only two roles I have heard him connected with. I like Marion, but he needs to show me more as a coach before I get worked up about losing him. His room was the only one that didn't improve over last year. 
Same, would like to keep him for recruiting purposes, but not 100% sold on his actual coaching.

11 hours ago, Hornlover said:

He called them Party Rock, as if they were some one-hit wonder, known only by the title of their only hit song. .

These are music industry icons. Besmirch the fine, upstanding name of LMFAO at your own peril. 

He called the song Party Rock.