Texas Football Roster 2023 -- "Only Angry People Win Football Games."

LTtxfan

Folks requesting new 2023 Roster page.

Thanks for this info @texifornia

• Getting into 2023, but Omeire, Dorbah, Harris and Coffey are all transferring. This is my shocked face.
  • Karic joins them.
  • The first actual semi-bummer - Jamier Johnson hit the portal
  • Aaaand in goes Hudson Card

When yah get a chance, can we get a new updated roster chart and participation chart from @BornAndRaised 

Thanks!!

Edited by LTtxfan
typo
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

• LTtxfan changed the title to Texas Football Roster 2023 -- "Only Angry People Win Football Games."

Great info on possible Early Enrollees provided by @Hookem2147

Early enrollees that have been mentioned on 9.95 sites: QB Arch Manning, RB Cedric Baxter, WR Johntay Cook, OL Payton Kirkland, OL Connor Stroh, OL Jaydon Chatman, OL Andre Cojoe, DT Sydir Mitchell, Edge Colton Vasek, LB Liona Lefau CB Malik Muhammad, S Derek Williams.

LB Anthony Hill (uncommitted) also an early enrollee

Edit:  Update on two more possible 2023 EE'S:

Additions: OL Trevor Goosby, LB Derion Gullette

• Hook 'Em 1

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=115568097012710816219&rtpof=true&sd=true

@AP101S has been keeping it updated. Looks like 2023 page is under construction

Waiting on final redshirt spreadsheet from Joe Cook, however this was against KU

FiQXI2HXEAIvucP?format=png&name=medium

will update when BU gets added.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

As long as 

Kelvin Banks

Hayden Conner

Jake Majors

Cole Hutson

Cameron Williams

Also to a lesser extent

DJ Cambell

Connor Robertson

Malik Agbo

Neto Umezulu

Payton Kirkland

Connor Stroh

Jaydon Chatman

Are all here I'm a happy camper

Win up front - run the fuckin ball - win. 

1342587394-850x560.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Thanks for updated Roster @AP101S

Dang... WR, Safety, LB and probably DL jump out as areas that need help from the portal for the 2023 Roster.

Also...

Gerry's 2023 list for portal positions of need:  

• Safety
  • WR
  • CB
  • LB
  • Edge
  • DL
  • Punter

Thx for this goes to @BurntOrange&White

image.png

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

Now that would be unprecedented.

Also, the recruiting board's transfer thread grew by 11 pages in two damn work days. Thanks [mention=3553]LTtxfan[/mention]for starting a thread for just actual news.

No joke! That other thread is a beating. Thanks to all who are providing information on this one.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Great info on possible Early Enrollees provided by @Hookem2147

Early enrollees that have been mentioned on 9.95 sites: QB Arch Manning, RB Cedric Baxter, WR Johntay Cook, OL Payton Kirkland, OL Connor Stroh, OL Jaydon Chatman, OL Andre Cojoe, DT Sydir Mitchell, Edge Colton Vasek, LB Liona Lefau CB Malik Muhammad, S Derek Williams.

LB Anthony Hill (uncommitted) also an early enrollee

Edit:  Update on two more possible 2023 EE'S:

Additions: OL Trevor Goosby, LB Derion Gullette

Inside Texas... (Thx @BurntOrange&White )

DD00F590-ABB5-4B4D-81B4-180D5813DAAD.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, tokamak said:

That '21 recruiting class is really starting to thin out.

I guess this will happen to all recruiting classes going forward.  Signing with a school doesn't really mean as much anymore with huge roster turnover every year.  It's like the NFL on 1-2 year contracts.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

do we want to do something similar to the transfer portal for this page? It can just be up to date and wiki style in the OP/article format and then the thread is the thread and shows up as comments?

Could you make it a Twitter/Instagram/online article only thread with Texas only content?  That would certainly help those of us who can’t wade through 5 pages a day for 2 tweets that’s actually has to do with legitimate Texas news.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 4:46 PM, AP101S said:

For the 2023 tab, I removed everyone that was honored on Senior Day, with one notable exception (JWhit). Those that have indicated they're going to transfer are highlighted in pink. Those that are expected to leave, but have not announced yet are blue (Bijan, X, Pearson). The class column is based on remaining eligibility, assuming everyone that is eligible for a COVID year gets one, which is not a guarantee. First team/Second team and positions are based on what I see on Surly. I'm no expert. I don't know the difference between EDGE/Buck/X/SAM, so I dumped all those names in the same position group label because it seemed like they were the same group of people. If corrections are needed, let me know. If clicking the link above is too much trouble, here are screenshots.

871738933_UTOffense.thumb.png.1a321817b76e668763255108cd09fd2d.png1469568146_UTDefense.thumb.png.8c0a27506311063e2c342375ecba5658.png

Just found this link, this is a pretty great spreadsheet. Thanks for all the time it took to put it together. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 9:56 AM, bschoolprof said:

I guess this will happen to all recruiting classes going forward.  Signing with a school doesn't really mean as much anymore with huge roster turnover every year.  It's like the NFL on 1-2 year contracts.  

I wonder what this does to graduation rates

For the 2023 tab, I removed everyone that was honored on Senior Day, with one notable exception (JWhit). Those that have indicated they're going to transfer are highlighted in pink. Those that are expected to leave, but have not announced yet are blue (Bijan, X, Pearson). The class column is based on remaining eligibility, assuming everyone that is eligible for a COVID year gets one, which is not a guarantee. First team/Second team and positions are based on what I see on Surly. I'm no expert. I don't know the difference between EDGE/Buck/X/SAM, so I dumped all those names in the same position group label because it seemed like they were the same group of people. If corrections are needed, let me know. If clicking the link above is too much trouble, here are screenshots.

871738933_UTOffense.thumb.png.1a321817b76e668763255108cd09fd2d.png1469568146_UTDefense.thumb.png.8c0a27506311063e2c342375ecba5658.png

Not sure if anything new here, but FCB just posted today a free article tracking roster stuff.  It's in a terrible format so not gonna bother posting in this thread, but if interested just click below link to view...

https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/Texas-Longhorns-football-roster-departure-tracker-and-scholarship-list-199652401/#199652401_13

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Trejo is out of eligibility. We've got an AA transfer from Stanford visiting this weekend, though. 

How is that possible? He was a sophomore in 2021 and would still have the COVID year for 2020 on top of that. Maybe he just doesn't want to play anymore?

Cross-post of great info from @BornAndRaised

BornAndRaised: "Tossing it here since its recruiting related RE playing time, but also posted in the 995er thread that the NCAA is granting a one time waiver for bowl games to not affect redshirt status. With that said, here is a look at  Red Shirt tracker, updated for the bowl game. Additionally, no one currently with the program is at risk of burning a shirt, so everyone should get some playing time."

FkH0e9AWAAsdxwH?format=png&name=medium

• Hook 'Em 1

This roster is looking like it will be our deepest and most talented since 2009. 

Ewers still has a wide range of outcomes but the talent and depth in the QB room is there.

Replacing Bijan is no easy task but I have a lot of faith in Brooks, Baxter, Robinson, and Blue.

With Whittington, Worthy, and Neyor coming back, Cook/Niblett, and at least 1 good portal addition expected, this will be the best WR room we've had in over a decade.

TE is set with Sanders, and it's possible they add another dynamic player if they get Duce Robinson.

OL is still relatively young but returns 4 starters plus Williams and Campbell who played a lot.  We probably can't weather early injuries very well but there's talent and depth there.

DL is stacked.  Sorrell, Collins, Murphy, and Sweat are all potential All-Big 12 players, and Finkley, Broughton, and Burke played pretty extensively last year.  Then there's 8 RS FR and true FR behind them, plus the potential of a good portal addition.

I expect Blackwell to break out at LB and Hill to play early.  Those 2 plus Gbenda and Ford will make for a really good LB corps and the 5 other freshmen all have upside.

Holmes plus another good portal DB will round out this group nicely.  Watts, Thompson, Gilbeau, and Barron are all returning starters.  Brooks, Jordan, Taaffe, and Crawford all played extensively last year.  Then add in Allen, Muhammad, Williams, Brice, and LTG and its a very deep, very high upside unit on part with the 2000-2010 standard.

Adding Sanborn is a very underrated move.  Special teams will be good.

I do think we need a portal interior DL and another DB, but other than that as long as we stay healthy and don't have any major unexpected attrition, this should be a top 8 team next year.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

This roster is looking like it will be our deepest and most talented since 2009. 

Ewers still has a wide range of outcomes but the talent and depth in the QB room is there.

Replacing Bijan is no easy task but I have a lot of faith in Brooks, Baxter, Robinson, and Blue.

With Whittington, Worthy, and Neyor coming back, Cook/Niblett, and at least 1 good portal addition expected, this will be the best WR room we've had in over a decade.

TE is set with Sanders, and it's possible they add another dynamic player if they get Duce Robinson.

OL is still relatively young but returns 4 starters plus Williams and Campbell who played a lot.  We probably can't weather early injuries very well but there's talent and depth there.

DL is stacked.  Sorrell, Collins, Murphy, and Sweat are all potential All-Big 12 players, and Finkley, Broughton, and Burke played pretty extensively last year.  Then there's 8 RS FR and true FR behind them, plus the potential of a good portal addition.

I expect Blackwell to break out at LB and Hill to play early.  Those 2 plus Gbenda and Ford will make for a really good LB corps and the 5 other freshmen all have upside.

Holmes plus another good portal DB will round out this group nicely.  Watts, Thompson, Gilbeau, and Barron are all returning starters.  Brooks, Jordan, Taaffe, and Crawford all played extensively last year.  Then add in Allen, Muhammad, Williams, Brice, and LTG and its a very deep, very high upside unit on part with the 2000-2010 standard.

I do think we need a portal interior DL and another DB, but other than that as long as we stay healthy and don't have any major unexpected attrition, this should be a top 8 team next year.

I would be very very surprised if Blackwell claimed a starting spot as a LB over Anthony Hill or even Gbenda, who I don't see as a starter quality player.

There is a bit of intrigue for me as to how they handle Terrance Brooks. He came on last year and overtook Jamison as a starter. But with Barron and Gilbeau at nickel, and Muhammed and Holmes coming, does he get moved around this offseason? Safety could be an interesting spot for him. I think he would be pretty pissed off if he got a starting spot and then got it taken away by a portal guy. Personally I think he keeps his spot, but it could get interesting.  

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I would be very very surprised if Blackwell claimed a starting spot as a LB over Anthony Hill or even Gbenda, who I don't see as a starter quality player.

There is a bit of intrigue for me as to how they handle Terrance Brooks. He came on last year and overtook Jamison as a starter. But with Barron and Gilbeau at nickel, and Muhammed and Holmes coming, does he get moved around this offseason? Safety could be an interesting spot for him. I think he would be pretty pissed off if he got a starting spot and then got it taken away by a portal guy. Personally I think he keeps his spot, but it could get interesting.  

You're assuming all those DBs can stay healthy. Plenty of snaps to go around.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

If below is accurate, great # of 2023 EE's

Screenshot_20221221-072739_kindlephoto-15591468.thumb.png.1cea6b533437eb22cdbe2619cdddff59.png

I love getting that many OL in early. Get them in a college weightroom and starting to learn blocking assignments etc

(Obviously all players benefit, I just think OL is a longer learning cycle)

Link to updated roster includes 2023 Class 

Big Thx @AP101S,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1253781136

• Hook 'Em 2