Gavin Rush pulls gun on ex at the Anderson Mill Tavern

GottaB

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/nw-austin-bar-patrons-tackle-man-after-he-points-gun-at-bartender-crime-family-violence-arrest-anderson-mill-pub

According to an arrest affidavit, 41-year-old Gavin Edward Rush entered the Anderson Mill Pub located at 10401 Anderson Mill Road Unit 121 just after 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, November 26 to confront his ex-girlfriend as she worked her shift. She was not speaking to him at the time.

0 seconds of 0 seconds

There is a growing concern on Tuesday about how a man accused of pulling a gun on his ex-girlfriend in a northwest Austin bar could be released on $40,000 bond in less than two days.

A surveillance video posted on Twitter by Austin Councilmember Mackenzie Kelly shows Rush placing a leather satchel on top of the bar.

The police affidavit states that when she refused to talk to him, Rush pulled out a pistol and pointed it at her with a red dot from a laser sight centered on her chest. That’s when two customers tackled Rush and held him until Austin police arrived.

32 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

41-year-old local attorney who seemingly has the emotional maturity of my chihuahua:

eba47b66-6301-45b7-b559-a827d4f0dbfa_1140x641.jpg

Based on his appearance I'm taking the over on how whether Gavin Rush been "not employed by corporate law firm Peiffer Wolf for 6 months".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

39 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Rough bar in a pretty nice area. Been a couple of times and there was always shit about to go down. Dude came up there with a gun once and the cops came and killed him by the nearby church.

You sure it was only a couple of times Larry?  You sure you weren't the one starting shit and that's why you haven't been back?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Hollinastar said:

yes dodged a bullet my sister is the ex ex girlfriend not current ex girlfriend that he tried to shoot , but he did choke my sister out. Why was ge granted bail? does no one think that that is completely fcked up?

Sec. 11. BAIL. All prisoners shall be bailable by sufficient sureties, unless for capital offences†, when the proof is evident; but this provision shall not be so construed as to prevent bail after indictment found upon examination of the evidence, in such manner as may be prescribed by law.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, GottaB said:

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/nw-austin-bar-patrons-tackle-man-after-he-points-gun-at-bartender-crime-family-violence-arrest-anderson-mill-pub

According to an arrest affidavit, 41-year-old Gavin Edward Rush entered the Anderson Mill Pub located at 10401 Anderson Mill Road Unit 121 just after 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, November 26 to confront his ex-girlfriend as she worked her shift. She was not speaking to him at the time.

0 seconds of 0 seconds

There is a growing concern on Tuesday about how a man accused of pulling a gun on his ex-girlfriend in a northwest Austin bar could be released on $40,000 bond in less than two days.

A surveillance video posted on Twitter by Austin Councilmember Mackenzie Kelly shows Rush placing a leather satchel on top of the bar.

The police affidavit states that when she refused to talk to him, Rush pulled out a pistol and pointed it at her with a red dot from a laser sight centered on her chest. That’s when two customers tackled Rush and held him until Austin police arrived.

$40K bond and 2 days qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment in Harris County, assuming you're already on felony probation that is

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Hope they put some kind of device on this guy. If you’re willing to go into a bar and do that chances are you’re willing to go to the victim’s residence etc…hoping we don’t read a story that he winds up doing that. I understand about bail etc…but I do think things can be decided on a case by case when it comes to violent offenders. It wasn’t that long ago that former cop here shot and killed his ex and her daughter and boyfriend. Scary stuff. 

It states in the article that he tried to kill himself before the other dudes took his gun.

I'd say that is pretty fucking clear that he doesn't give a shit about his life and just having a protective order against him certainly isn't going to keep him away from the chick.

Unfortunately for her, she should really move out of Austin for a good while until this fuckstick offs himself or is in jail.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hollinastar said:

yes dodged a bullet my sister is the ex ex girlfriend not current ex girlfriend that he tried to shoot , but he did choke my sister out. Why was ge granted bail? does no one think that that is completely fcked up?

If this is true (and why wouldn't I believe some guy on the internet with only two posts), then he shouldn't have had a gun in the first place, AND he shouldn't even be out on bail at all because he's obviously dangerously violent.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

If this is true (and why wouldn't I believe some guy on the internet with only two posts), then he shouldn't have had a gun in the first place, AND he shouldn't even be out on bail at all because he's obviously dangerously violent.

welcome-to-texas-boys-welcome-to-texas.g 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Makes sense that when a dude is willing to off someone and/or himself, letting him slide with a low bond and a protective order is the way to go.

I wasn't aware that municipal judges set bond without the DA office's input. That's kind of fucked. 

When someone is arrested, there are usually a few days before defendant is in court in front of a judge, represented by an attorney, with a prosecutor present. In the meantime, something has to be done. Where I practice, the police set bail based on the "bail schedule." They simply look at what they've arrested the defendant for, and find the accompanying bail. When the case is in front of a judge two days later, its not uncommon for the DA to ask for an increase in bail due to factors that were not known to the police at the time. The DA, of course, is under no obligation to stick with the bail or even the charges the defendant was arrested for.

I imagine that's similar to what happened here. 

• Hook 'Em 5

9 hours ago, Hollinastar said:

His previous charge for impleding breath/circulation in 2017 (as stated in article) was against my sister. He also trashed my apartment when my sister lived there after she started dating someone else. Clearly my sister dodged a bullet. There is no justice system hes at home chillin after trying to murder his current ex girlfriend. SMDH!!!! Hes an attorney so he gets a hall pass of course. Travis County is a FCKIN JOKE!

Hmmm. Say, how much we got in the wreath fund?

5 hours ago, achooloco said:

Between 95-99 Johnston only won two games, both against Anderson. Think in 2000 that also might have applied but not sure. That’s the Only thing I can add here besides fuck Alex jones, a bitch ass shitty fuck head bankrupt cum tissue piece of garbage 

In 98 and 99 combined, Anderson won one game total. Against McCallum in 99. We rushed the field at House Park. It was glorious. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

In 98 and 99 combined, Anderson won one game total. Against McCallum in 99. We rushed the field at House Park. It was glorious. 

mccallumsux

I was at Anderson from '86-'90.  The football team went 1-9, 2-8, 2-6-2, and 1-9.  I don't remember who the rare victories were against, but it was probably some combination of McCallum, Lanier, Travis, and whichever other AISD/26-5A schools were also going 2-8 annually.

I've been to Anderson Mill Pub many times, and never got a gunfighty vibe from the place.  It's definitely not neckbeard or handlebar mustache place, though.

11 hours ago, Bevo said:

Pics of bar? I assume it is around Anderson Mill and 183.

It's in a strip center on Anderson Mill, several blocks west of 183.  Right where Spicewood Parkway tees into Anderson Mill.  Also, it has changed names from Tavern, to Pub, or vice versa.  I don't recall what it is right now but people use it interchangeably.

It has live music quite often, and it's actually not a bad venue.  Mostly old-guy bands playing 60s/70s/80s rock, but occasionally some other stuff too.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

• Hook 'Em 3