Gavin Rush pulls gun on ex at the Anderson Mill Tavern

GottaB

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Not a protective order, but it worked out very effectively.

Texas attorney found dead after pulling gun on ex-girlfriend at bar

https://nypost.com/2022/12/01/texas-lawyer-gavin-rush-found-dead-after-pulling-gun-on-ex-in-bar/

Not suspicious = suicide probably.

Everyone wins for once.

Edited by MissingInAction

9 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Probably on probation / parole and not supposed to be in such a low establishment. Not really kidding. i've heard of at least one similar hero having to bail before the cops got there for that very reason

Yep thanks for saving the day but you violated so fuck that

5 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Several of the Surly (then known as Shagsters) have considerable experience in this area:

Welcome to Lucky Penny Lounge

With 23 beers on tap and craft brews available, Lucky Penny Lounge is a go-to dive bar for locals and visitors alike. Open seven days a week.

https://www.luckypennylounge.com/

It seems to all be working for Lucky Penny!

18DB9472-4E60-4BFA-A7CF-0BE870C038E9.jpeg

10 hours ago, MeerkatBong said:

Prior to this incident was Gavin Rush a known commodity? The fact he is a proper noun in the title and not "Austin lawyer pulls gun..." makes me think he might have been a minor celebrity or figure or something but he was just a mid-career attorney at some mid-tier firm, right? A dime a dozen in any city.

Same thought, hence the Gary character post.

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Same thought, hence the Gary character post.

The interwebs have an amazing memory.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201002130356/https://www.peifferwolf.com/attorneys/gavin-rush/#1537886795505-da734425-425a

Gavin Rush

Gavin Rush

Associate

(512) 535-6608
(504) 523-2464

AREAS OF PRACTICE

Gavin Rush is an Associate practicing out of the firm’s Austin office. His practice spans diverse areas, such as complex commercial litigation, civil rights actions, FINRA arbitrations, embryo destruction and fertility matters. He represents investors who fell victim to malicious investment schemes and those who received negligent investment advice.

Prior to joining the firm, Gavin spent several years at Google as a Senior Associate drafting, negotiating, and performing risk analysis and strategy assessment on contracts, many in excess of $250MM. Before that, Gavin worked as a legal analyst for Pfizer and Deloitte.

Gavin graduated cum laude and received his Juris Doctor from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law in 2011. While at Loyola he was a member of the Law Review, served as Associate Justice on the Honor Board, and was President of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society. Gavin was also a TA at the Juridicum, Institute of Roman Law at the University of Vienna and received a certification in International Comparative Law. At Loyola, Gavin received the Alumni Association Scholarship for Excellence, the Joseph V. Bologna Prize, and the Dean’s Award in 2009 for having the highest GPA in his 1L class. Additionally, Gavin was the recipient of the Dean’s Honor Scholarship, the Clem H. and Norris Tricon Sehrt Scholarship, and the LaNasa-Greco Foundation Scholarship. Most notably, Gavin received the Gillis-Long Poverty Law Clinic Public Service Award for his extensive pro bono work at the Common Ground Relief Legal Clinic where he assisted in the representation of indigent clients in the Lower Ninth Ward after Hurricane Katrina.

Gavin graduated with honors from Tulane University in 2006 with a Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, focusing on Public Relations and Advertising. While at Tulane, Gavin received the Tulane Founders’ Scholarship, was on the Dean’s List from 2001-2006, and was an executive member of the Sigma chapter of the Zeta Beta Tau social fraternity.

• Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D.

• Tulane University, BA.

• Universitat Wien
Rechtswissenschaftliche Fakultät
International Law Certification

There's even more scared little wussy bitches here than I thought. That's not a rough bar at all. Some of you need to realize how sheltered you've been allowed to be in life and go thank your parents over and over. Then actually do something to give back to the community. 

15 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

No hesitation, just jumped on the cunt. 

That's the same thing Baylor players did and they got chastised for it. 

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Wait what’s the backstory here?

We don't speak ill of the dead here sir. 

Oh wait yes we do. 

Bunch of dudes here got all up in their feels over BBQ and gave a bunch of money to a BBQ guy who had just fucked over his own sister so he could start his own BBQ spot and they could feel self important. Then he promptly decided not to pay sales tax, got shut down by the state, and everyone lost their money. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Oh wait yes we do. 

Bunch of dudes here got all up in their feels over BBQ and gave a bunch of money to a BBQ guy who had just fucked over his own sister so he could start his own BBQ spot and they could feel self important. Then he promptly decided not to pay sales tax, got shut down by the state, and everyone lost their money. 

That wasn’t Champkind was it? He was a BBQ guy on here who had a place in Houston. Good dude as I recall. 

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

That wasn’t Champkind was it? He was a BBQ guy on here who had a place in Houston. Good dude as I recall. 

No, John Mueller of the Louie Mueller BBQ family. 

RIP John

I used to drink with him in downtown Round Rock every now and then. I liked the guy but I never tried to give him a ton of money either

Edited by Hermanator

17 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Oh wait yes we do. 

you forgot the insurance fraud part.

is it legal to carry a weapon into a bar?

7 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

you forgot the insurance fraud part.

is it legal to carry a weapon into a bar?

Whether or not you can legally carry a handgun into a bar is tied to it's status according to the crooks at TABC. If they make 51% or more of their income from the sale of alcohol for on premises consumption, then it is illegal to carry. If not, then it is perfectly legal. Now, keep in mind that this metric is also used for lots of other stuff that affects how much revenue they bring in and how much taxes they have to pay, so there are reasons to manipulate it. 

I would seek mental help.
Been there many times when it was the Tavern and now the pub. 

If I feel like a dive and I want to see an old man blacked out in the corner mumbling nonsense to himself, I go there.
This is literally the type of bar you go to if you sit, drink, and post on surlyhorns.
The place is an absolute shit hole and it smells of vomit for the better part of 2 decades.
Without a doubt, we should have a surly meet up there just to recognize all of the degenerates that post here in a low light environment.

My scale is way off.

I grew up sleeping at Henry’s while my relatives played on stage. Went to Reagan High school seeing the cops clearing out Midtown Live regularly as I drove home from school events. Then Spent my college years in Poodle Dog, Ginny’s and the Carousel Lounge.

So yeah, my radar for sketchy are a little different than most.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, GottaB said:

My scale is way off.

I grew up sleeping at Henry’s while my relatives played on stage. Went to Reagan High school seeing the cops clearing out Midtown Live regularly as I drove home from school events. Then Spent my college years in Poodle Dog, Ginny’s and the Carousel Lounge.

So yeah, my radar for sketchy are a little different than most.

Ha, I lived in Coronado Hills and when they built the strip center and put in Midtown Live, that dropped the neighborhood into serious decline. That place was downright dangerous. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I was reading online (not on Surly) that people were outraged that the Bar was open so early in the morning.  There are lots of folks in NW Austin, especially tech folks that work hours reflecting the 24 hour time zone of the world.  Moreover, that bar has food.  Not good food, but bar food.  I've indulged in corny dogs and fries for late breakfast, early lunch there (along with a cocktail or two) on more than one occasion. 

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 12/2/2022 at 10:16 PM, DalTxHornFan said:

I was reading online (not on Surly) that people were outraged that the Bar was open so early in the morning.  There are lots of folks in NW Austin, especially tech folks that work hours reflecting the 24 hour time zone of the world.  Moreover, that bar has food.  Not good food, but bar food.  I've indulged in corny dogs and fries for late breakfast, early lunch there (along with a cocktail or two) on more than one occasion. 

image.jpeg.f95880de34a1a3bf3a2e6cb0f4ccbcb7.jpeg