USA World Cup Match 4: Netherlands

The Earl of Texas

I bet Gio doesn’t come on before 80’ if at all.   

We have nothing to lose at this point.  Take out Ferreira and Zimmerman.  Go with best players on field and if we can pull it back sub CCV for McKennie and hold on   

Pulisic       Reyna         Weah

Aaronson   Musah   MCkennie

Adams

Jedi      Ream      Dest

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this team is horrible at controlling the ball off the first touch.  you can't build anything if the ball is flying 5 feet away every time a pass is made and you have to chase it back down

Thats been the case as long as I've watched US soccer. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Zimmerman and JF into the staring lineup. Sick fucking moves Gregg.

Shittiest part of all of this is getting out of the group probably means we are stuck with this fuckhead for 4 more years. What a joke.

I don't see how. His lineup choices have been so highly questionable that it almost trumps what the team has done.

And given his feud with Gio, a once in a generation talent, and him not putting him on the field for reasons we can't tell, I don't know why you would bring Beerholder back.

• Like 1

Got dam. That half was terrible. We wasted opportunities and have no clue what to do with the ball in the final third. Not nearly enough creativity. Oh and horrible giveaways in the midfield and lazy tracking, leaving them open for two great opportunities they put away. 

Just terrible all around. And that’s not even mentioning Berhalter’s shitty lineup and tactics. JFC. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Landon made great point on Adams on first goal.  I though that was him just jogging trailing behind Memphis.  He could have been there to challenge.  I don’t blame Zimmerman for not stepping up there.  

Second goal Dest just got beat.  

It's both, if you ask me. Adams much worse, but Zimm also has to step up there.

1 minute ago, pacman said:

we need the best players on the field, period

aaronson and reyna on and get rid of jesus. give mckinnie a break

Wouldn't be surprised if Gergg does this.

What we know about him, is he'll always roll out his goofy shit cuz he think he's brilliant. But what we've also seen is, he'll make emergency changes and fall back on conventional wisdom once his goofy shit starts to fail miserably.

Wait - Gio in at the 9!?!?

Now I would kill someone for this

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

What I wouldn't give for Gio to step on the field, score a goal almost immediately, and then go Clint Mathis and run up to Gregg and point at his "wrist watch"

Edited by Captain Ron

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

We only scored 2 in the first round, don’t know where we’re gonna find 2 today.

This.  It’s like watching some of those Charlie teams once they fell behind by 2 touchdowns.  Like where the fuck do you think we are going to find goals if we couldn’t score when we were fresh