USA World Cup Match 4: Netherlands

The Earl of Texas

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

I say we money whip him period. 

He ain't leaving until he wins a CL there. 

Just now, pacman said:

zimmerman tries to add own goal to today's tally

Zimmerman is the only reason that wasn't a goal, amigo. 

Edited by ztejas

Just now, Captain Ron said:

The only guy it was too big for was Gregg. 

The entire squad No showed the first half. Gregg sucks but this was a team effort (or non effort). Now they play like their hair is on fire but it’s way too late. Disappointing to not even be a threat to win. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Eh, Gregg has been terrible but he can’t finish for these guys either.

Or play defense. 

Gregg should be fired based on today but like I've repeated ad nauseum this roster ain't it. A QF run is the best we could have hoped for. 

1 minute ago, hookemATL said:

The entire squad No showed the first half. Gregg sucks but this was a team effort (or non effort). Now they play like their hair is on fire but it’s way too late. Disappointing to not even be a threat to win. 

Yep. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Or play defense. 

Gregg should be fired based on today but like I've repeated ad nauseum this roster ain't it. A QF run is the best we could have hoped for. 

Yeah. 

Absolutely no bench depth.  Players still don't have the ability to quickly handle the ball and move it on.  They still have trouble creating chances.  When they do create chances, they can't finish.  Our set pieces are beyond awful as well. 

And then on top of all that, the coach fucking sucks.

We're still a big step down from the top-tier squads.  And it's a BIG step.

Edited by SpiralOut

1 minute ago, SpiralOut said:

Yeah. 

Absolutely no bench depth.  Players still don't have the ability to quickly handle the ball and move it on.  They still have trouble creating chances.  When they do create chances, they can't finish.  And then on top of all that, the coach fucking sucks.

We're still a big step down from the top-tier squads.  And it's a BIG step.

You aren't wrong but that step can be made up quickly in the next 4 years. 

We need a better LB and two good CBs. And a striker. And optimally Dest is a 3-5 wingback not a 4-3 RB. 

The dream is Pep. I'd love Jesse Marsch but I think he's doing to well in the prem to want to leave. Wonder if we could lure him. 

Just now, ztejas said:

You aren't wrong but that step can be made up quickly in the next 4 years. 

We need a better LB and two good CBs. And a striker. And optimally Dest is a 3-5 wingback not a 4-3 RB. 

The dream is Pep. I'd love Jesse Marsch but I think he's doing to well in the prem to want to leave. Wonder if we could lure him. 

I still absolutely do not understand the decision to not bring Pepi.  Bring the kid and get him some experience. 

Same baffling decision making with not playing Gio. 

• Hook 'Em 2