USA World Cup Match 4: Netherlands

The Earl of Texas

10 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Thanks for policing the game thread. I’m sure that was the only post deserving of your sanctimonious call out. 

ztejas and Captain Ron have consistently had the best, most knowledgable posts on all of these threads. Don’t get your panties in a wad because your posts don’t compare.

• Haha 1

This Dutch team is starting to feel like one of those Italian teams that unexpectedly wins the whole thing. They can adjust to any style of play, possession, defend, counter, and it doesn’t matter.

I’d love to see them win the whole thing.

Much prefer them to finally win one over one of the usual suspects.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shnsajax said:

This Dutch team is starting to feel like one of those Italian teams that unexpectedly wins the whole thing. They can adjust to any style of play, possession, defend, counter, and it doesn’t matter.

Maybe.  Let's see what they look like against Argentina first.

• Hook 'Em 2

how the fuck has reyna not been playing??????????/

Unclear … seems like he was in coach’s doghouse but the official spiel is that he was not 100% healthy (which Reyna denied)… he’s definitely one of the most skilled played on the pitch when he’s on… maybe he has a small gas tank or is horrible at defending and has to be used strategically? (Haven’t seen him enough personally)

They did just enough to win. Imagine them turning on their clinical attack against us for 90 minutes. It would’ve been 7-0.

3 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Especially with some of the other usual bigs not making it to this round.

Edited by Mdhorn

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Dude. The contrarian thread police role you’re playing at today is annoying.

Other people have different opinions. Relax.

I'm not thread policing I'm posting like normal. I'm sorry that that seems to be offending some of you. A lot of you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I don't understand what you mean by "more creative corners". 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Yeah they look really good all of a sudden. This side wasn't the side that played the group stage games. They're a threat. 

Reyna and Ferreira don’t play, we don’t lose. 
They play, we lose. 

I think the problem is obvious. 

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Aw don’t cry Weah.

You did yourself, your team and your country proud.

He’s probably crying because he knows what he would have done with all the gifts Wright was given.  

Well I am going to be positive One thing I love about the American team is they play till the end. Other teams would have started fouling, head butting, kicking to the groin, bitting or you name it. Bullshit that teams do when frustrated, not the USMNT and it gets them wins and at times like this respect.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1