Christine McVie RIP

Gil Bang

6 minutes ago, Earl Haffler said:

For FM newbies, the album "Mystery to Me" is worth checking out.  I know this is not a popular opinion but I always prefered the Bob Welch/Christine McVie vocals to Lindsey Buckingham/Stevie Nicks.

Agreed.  Just came to post this, rest in peace Christine.

Edited by UTCzech III
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Been on a big FM kick recently.  Knew of them but have really dug into the catalog lately.    My $0.02 opinion:

Overrated:  Stevie

Underrated:  Christine and Lindsey (yes, this is his band, but I think he is still underrated)

CM is massively underrated as a songwriter and singer. LB is definitely underrated as a guitarist and absolutely critical to the massive commercial success of the band.

But it was never his band.

1 hour ago, USC_TMB said:

Well shit, this just sucks!! She was a very cool lady, very gracious to us in the USC Band. To be honest I much preferred Christine to Stevie Nicks, both in voice and looks.

Glad to say I got to perform with her twice. Absolutely gutted…

Are you an old timer on the Tusk album or a gen xer on the Last Dance live albums?

Edited by TonyTexas

Hard to imagine a less selfish musician. CM subjugated her talents time and time again in service of the band. Maybe her greatest talent was to cut through the tension--real and imagined--created by FM's crazy dynamics and just lay down lovely, warm keyboards or simple and timeless lyrics with unbelievable ease.

You make loving fun. It's all I wanna do.

What fucking else do you need?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

So grateful I was able to see Fleetwood Mac in concert in 1997 in San Antonio. Christine was a lovely soul. So much talent. Severely underrated as a vocalist as well. Her voice as has been said here was absolutely sultry and sexy and under appreciated. You make loving fun indeed. One of my favorites…in large part because she got to be upfront and center. Will be sorely missed. 😘

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

this was on the radio the other day and I thought oh Fleetwood Mac. Then I looked at the radio and was surprised to see that it’s not a FM song, but hers.   For whatever difference that is worth. 

I believe Buckingham plays guitar on this, and Steve Ferrone (Tom Petty) was the drummer.

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

this was on the radio the other day and I thought oh Fleetwood Mac. Then I looked at the radio and was surprised to see that it’s not a FM song, but hers.   For whatever difference that is worth. 

I actually heard it on the way home today.

Goodness, her pitch control was extraordinary, and effortless.  Her brain was on autotune.  And her TONE.  Just a hint of grit in there, but pure, sort of an alto with a higher range.

Man.

Gotta break out the Mac albums tonight, and pour myself a nice single malt.  Or two.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Quoted cause it's the fucking jam.

RIP - this sucks for music. 

I admired the woman, and counted myself as a fan.  

But, her music will live on.  If you want to show her respect, throw on one of her records and rock the fuck out.