World Cup Day 12 - Groups E & F Final Matchday

Captain Ron

Came to ask what Germany’s path out of the group is but then researched it myself so summarizing below. Can only get 2nd under these scenarios:

1) Win and Spain win

2) win by two or more and Spain/Japan tie

3) win by one and Spain/Japan tie: need to outscore Japan today, otherwise eliminated

4) win and Spain loss if overcoming 8 goal deficit

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

LOL I forgot about that friendly. 

1) They were missing Ziyach & at least one other of their best players because there was a top player movement against the old manager (they replaced him).

2) The Moroccan team arrived in the USA (from 5 time zones away) only 2 days before the match with us. 

Wish we could request the same for all of our opponents.

145C9B44-1C87-4B3A-A177-8C206F5B227B.jpeg

• Like 2

Costa Rica's ages: 

GK 35

Defenders 27, 34, 33

MF 32, 30, 34, 28

Forwards 30, 34, 19

That is a really old team.   +2600 to beat Germany.   This is also being reffed by a French female.   Late PK for the win by 37 year old Bryan Ruiz?

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

1) They were missing Ziyach & at least one other of their best players because there was a top player movement against the old manager (they replaced him).

2) The Moroccan team arrived in the USA (from 5 time zones away) only 2 days before the match with us. 

Wish we could request the same for all of our opponents.

145C9B44-1C87-4B3A-A177-8C206F5B227B.jpeg

They played the same mid field and defenders vs the US, but none of their forwards that have been starting played vs the US.

8 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Am I weird for liking Landon Donovan calling games? I think he’s done pretty well, especially considering most former player turned broadcasters suck 

I was going to comment earlier that I think he's awful. Doesn't have much to say and sounds flat and dosed up when he does speak.

Plus, he called the Croatian keeper "Courtois" during today 's broadcast ...

But it's ultimately a matter of taste. Anyone is gonna come up short sharing a booth with Ian Darke, imo.

• Hook 'Em 2