World Cup Day 12 - Groups E & F Final Matchday

Captain Ron

11 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Tie breaker is not head to head?

No, but they had a draw anyway

Interesting situation Spain has been in here once Germany went up on Costa Rica. Who would you rather play in the round of 16? Croatia or Morocco? Morocco has been very good but regarded as the weaker side and doesn't have the experience of Croatia who made the final last time. 

It didn't seem Spain was trying to score much the last 10 minutes of that one. 

That said, they have ridiculous talent but it's almost all under 21. They're too young and not ready for this level of knockout round world cup. 

And LOL Germany

Germany No GIF by World Cup

What a wild 2nd half.  At halftime I assumed Spain and Germany would hold on, maybe add a 2nd goal each and both would have advanced.  Then at one point, Japan and CR were in position to advance, and at the end Japan was winning the group but would have been out if they gave up one goal.

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

That second Japan goal was pure bullshit though. Clearly no part of that ball was still touching the line. If you're going to have VAR don't have complete retard officials who can still fuck it up

yeah but f germany though

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

image.thumb.png.05a01899de5baa0de5de1c37af056b86.png

That's the bracket? Shit Spain came out ahead as runner up in the group was better than winning it. Avoiding Croatia in the 16 and Brazil in the quarters. Portugal and France look like a more even run. Portugal is over the hill from their peak 6 years ago and France is bipolar. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

That second Japan goal was pure bullshit though. Clearly no part of that ball was still touching the line. If you're going to have VAR don't have complete retard officials who can still fuck it up

Well yeah the ball was out. That much was clear to everyone except the person in charge of the replay. I have no idea how they decided that one should stand. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It doesn't have to touch the line on the ground though.  If the back point of the ball is still above the line, it's still in.

It's the reverse of American football with the ball breaking the plane for a touchdown...the soccer ball is not out until it is no longer breaking the plane.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

It was completely over the line

Well it was one of those were the call stands because the camera angle was not perfectly down the line from the replay I just saw. So yea it looks that it could be out from that angle but I could see them saying inconclusive.

2 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

No it is not it is looks like it is still touching the line because I don't see green between the ball and the line. The rule is the complete ball must be outside the line right.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Ball's in.

Just now, Macklemore said:

The AR had his flag up on the 2nd Japanese goal which was the call on the field and the VAR ruled it inconclusive. How does the goal stand if the VAR rules it inconclusive?

first time GIF

• Haha 1