Welcome to Costco .....

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, LonghornJones said:

They aren't allowed in our house anymore.

I had an assistant several years back that would keep a container of those on the edge of her desk. I ended up having to ban those things from the office. Never had a crack addiction, but I assume it’s close.

• Haha 2

On 3/1/2023 at 4:04 PM, VonZipper said:

I'm this guy when my wife brings home the peanut butter pretzels...

image.thumb.png.45cfb8d2a6519ca6dc1edf23043b085d.png

Man, love those things.

Funny(ish) story. We used to keep the containers and re-use them for dog food and dog treats.

Buddy came to the house for happy hour, walked by, instinctively reached in and grabbed a handful of dog treats. Wasn't as happy as usual.

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2023 at 7:23 AM, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, I didn't realize it was everything, I thought it was just the membership level. I do the same, but I do it on my Chase card. 

I do Costco purchases and the 4% on gas but that’s about it. Feel like there’s more value getting points on my CSR card for other stuff, though I admittedly haven’t done the math like those nerds on the points thread.

Our latest costco addiction is the ground Bison meat. you get(2) 1.25 pound packages for $20.  Which is basically getting at least 1/2 pound "free" compared to the cheapest other options.

But damn we have made some fantastic Bison, "buffalo" style burgers, but amazingly what is awesome are the bison meatballs!  Basically your regular meatballs but with Bison and something about the lack of fat in the Bison allows for a looser more tasty meat ball.  I wasn't sure if it was the bison so I did grass fed organic beef side by side and the Bison came out way, way ahead.  

Anyhow something different for us that I assume has been on the shelf for a while. It has a unique taste, but I order Bison at Hopdoddy about half the time anyhow, so it's a taste I like.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I’m about to tell Costco to go fuck themselves.  Made a special trip to pick up one item today and of course they quit carrying it.  It never fails.  I’m estimating that on average about 20% of the shit on my list when I go there is no longer carried.  

the 5 gallon bucket of ass lube wasn't a big seller. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

burn the witch halloween GIF

Man, you gotta learn to let Costco come to you. Sometimes what’s out is gone, but then you are in a Costco. Just let the aisles take you where they may. Maybe there’s a cheese that didn’t used to be there? Perhaps a new coffee? You won’t know until you fully ride the wave, padwan. 

What you want NMAS to do:

Meditation Namaste GIF by Miguel

What NMAS is going to do:

this is fine GIF by G1ft3d

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I’m about to tell Costco to go fuck themselves.  Made a special trip to pick up one item today and of course they quit carrying it.  It never fails.  I’m estimating that on average about 20% of the shit on my list when I go there is no longer carried.  

It bothers me more that they move shit all over just so you have to walk around the whole store.  Even their employees don't seem to know where shit is.

11 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

It bothers me more that they move shit all over just so you have to walk around the whole store.  Even their employees don't seem to know where shit is.

Do they? I feel like everything is in its place at my Costco. Stuff will change out, but if I want frozen foods, I know exactly where to go. If it's something for the garage, I know where to go. Books? Always in the same place.

39 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Do they? I feel like everything is in its place at my Costco. Stuff will change out, but if I want frozen foods, I know exactly where to go. If it's something for the garage, I know where to go. Books? Always in the same place.

They've always shifted dry foods around.  Cereal used to be on aisle 3?  Now it's on aisle 10.  You want a giant can of olives?  Well, it ain't where you think it is.  I mean, it's not next to the motor oil but they definitely have a strategy of shaking up the organization just to force customers to browse.

• Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

They've always shifted dry foods around.  Cereal used to be on aisle 3?  Now it's on aisle 10.  You want a giant can of olives?  Well, it ain't where you think it is.  I mean, it's not next to the motor oil but they definitely have a strategy of shaking up the organization just to force customers to browse.

I’ve never seen them move cereal 

3 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I mean, picking an example of static placement being where they have fucking freezers installed isn't exactly going out on a limb. I just got back from Costco to restock the office. They absolutely did their fucking quarterly relocation. Dog supplies were where the kitchen supplies used to be, different refrigerated items are somewhere different than they were a couple weeks ago, water moved around. Again. It's just irritating when I walk to a spot to get trash bags and see kong dog toys. 

It’s why you go to the app. They’ll ship it from another store.

On 3/23/2023 at 6:52 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Bought these today for $10, we shall see if they’re worth a shit. 

large-fdd67537-efed-45e2-9239-8155cba9f5

Halftime snack, will definitely buy again. Little bit of spice, cheddar cheese inside is better than expected. Pretty small though, buy two boxes if you’re feeding a bunch. 7 minutes in air fryer. 

On 3/24/2023 at 3:08 PM, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, picking an example of static placement being where they have fucking freezers installed isn't exactly going out on a limb. I just got back from Costco to restock the office. They absolutely did their fucking quarterly relocation. Dog supplies were where the kitchen supplies used to be, different refrigerated items are somewhere different than they were a couple weeks ago, water moved around. Again. It's just irritating when I walk to a spot to get trash bags and see kong dog toys. 

the reason they do this is because they have seasonal rotation of products.  for example in march they might carry three different sets of ceramic bowls, 5 brands of luggage sets, and amarena cherries, but then in june they might not have any bowl sets, only 3 luggage sets, no cherries, but they might start carrying jars of butter masala again.  so they have to consolidate those gaps.  they're not going to put butter masala where the luggage sets used to be.  things get shifted.  now apply that to every single type of item they carry and it accounts for why stuff moves around.  but i'm not so naive to think it's not also a strategy to keep customers engaged and browsing.  i love it though.

3 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

but i'm not so naive to think it's not also a strategy to keep customers engaged and browsing.

Costco has been very clear that it is most definitely a part of their merchandising/business strategy.  Treasure hunt.

https://www.wsj.com/video/series/the-economics-of/behind-costco-treasure-hunt-shopping-strategy/9E8E4F54-6398-4A23-847E-2486F8571B0B

On 3/21/2023 at 8:52 AM, horn4life said:

Our latest costco addiction is the ground Bison meat. you get(2) 1.25 pound packages for $20.  Which is basically getting at least 1/2 pound "free" compared to the cheapest other options.

But damn we have made some fantastic Bison, "buffalo" style burgers, but amazingly what is awesome are the bison meatballs!  Basically your regular meatballs but with Bison and something about the lack of fat in the Bison allows for a looser more tasty meat ball.  I wasn't sure if it was the bison so I did grass fed organic beef side by side and the Bison came out way, way ahead.  

Anyhow something different for us that I assume has been on the shelf for a while. It has a unique taste, but I order Bison at Hopdoddy about half the time anyhow, so it's a taste I like.

I tried some of that.  We made burgers with one package and meatloaf with the other.  They were both really good.  The burgers were easy on the grill.  I used a Bison meatloaf recipe that I found that compensates for the lack of fat.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Anyone ever ordered checks from Costco?  What’s the turn around time?  I’m almost out and my teller actually told me it would be a third of the price to order from Costco as opposed to the bank.

i just went through this and it was basically half the price for 2x as many checks.

it took a little while to get but i think you can pay to expedite it. it's through a third party, not costco directly.

2 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

You not only write checks, but you also go inside a bank and talk to a person?  Is your bank the First National Bank of Bedrock?

I had to go in because it had been so long since I needed cash I had forgotten my pin.

It was nice to say hi and establish a presence in the system. I guess. I felt really dumb. They were understanding at First Bedrock.

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Costco Houston - Richmond added handicap parking spots 

breaking 

i was there 10 minutes after open on sunday and it was packed.  i thought you motherfuckers were in church, that's why i go before 11 on sundays.  fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1