#2 Texas vs. #7 Creighton - 6pm on ESPN - It’s Game Day!

KingBobo81

big time game tonight!  i watched creighton a lot last week during the maui tournament and came away very impressed.  they have five guys who all play about 30 minutes/game and score in double digits.  in that sense, they are very balanced in terms of their scoring.  i'm a bit surprised to see that they are 178th in the country in terms of possessions/game (while texas is 119th), as it felt like they tried to play at a fairly quick pace in maui (though that could just be because two of their games were against arizona and arkansas who are number 1 and 22 in terms of possessions/game).

from what i've seen thus far, i think they are a clearly superior team to gonzaga, so this should be the biggest test of the season thus far.  can't wait!

• Hook 'Em 1

These next 2 games should be a great test for us. Win these next 2 and we can go into conference play undefeated at the end of the month and can fuck up that demon as well similar to getting out of the 1st round last year.

Similar to Gerry, I’d rather I win this game over the neutral site vs Illinois. With that said, I think we can take both. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

big time game tonight!  i watched creighton a lot last week during the maui tournament and came away very impressed.  they have five guys who all play about 30 minutes/game and score in double digits.  in that sense, they are very balanced in terms of their scoring.  i'm a bit surprised to see that they are 178th in the country in terms of possessions/game (while texas is 119th), as it felt like they tried to play at a fairly quick pace in maui (though that could just be because two of their games were against arizona and arkansas who are number 1 and 22 in terms of possessions/game).

from what i've seen thus far, i think they are a clearly superior team to gonzaga, so this should be the biggest test of the season thus far.  can't wait!

I agree that they are better than the Zags.  This is going to be a war tonight.  Hook 'Em!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

Creighton social medias going hard with the Horns down messaging. Let’s fuck these bastards up and remind the people of Nebraska just why they hate Texas so much.

The average Creighton fan is an NU football fan. Explains the inferiority complex and will make it more fun to remind them we’re better in every sport we compete in 

Edited by UnhappilyMarried
  • Rage+1 1

I was informed by a coworker that Creighton is a Jesuit school. What the fuck is it with Jesuits and bball? Like all Jesuit colleges have legit bball teams. The best basketball player that I know personally is a white guy who went to a Jesuit high school (not Jesuit himself, I’m pretty sure). All these bad ass Jesuit colleges always have a lot of white guys too. Not sure where all this is going but maybe a movie starring Tom Hanks unraveling the mystery.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

I was informed by a coworker that Creighton is a Jesuit school. What the fuck is it with Jesuits and bball? Like all Jesuit colleges have legit bball teams. The best basketball player that I know personally is a white guy who went to a Jesuit high school (not Jesuit himself, I’m pretty sure). All these bad ass Jesuit colleges always have a lot of white guys too. Not sure where all this is going but maybe a movie starring Tom Hanks unraveling the mystery.

Well, they tend not to be stupid.  Maybe that helps.

6 minutes ago, KingBobo81 said:

Quite a few Creighton fans in the building. Some of our season ticket holders need a swift kick in the junk.

They were talking about how the alumni event before the game was sold out with a waiting list. Apparently they traveled in force. 

Bodes poorly for Texas Tech. 

1 hour ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Jesus was a fucking baller. 

image.png.f0dd0db6dfa752c865fa6b232bb9a9a5.png

• Haha 2