#2 Texas vs. #7 Creighton - 6pm on ESPN - It’s Game Day!

KingBobo81

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

nah, he did the right thing. he would have gotten fouled two seconds later and best case scenario he gets the same two points. there was too much time left (12-13 seconds?) to dribble it to the corner.

There were 17 seconds left. You absolutely take the 2 in that scenario. 

There was a time when you knew playing a top-10 team meant a loss, no matter what we were ranked. Glad that's in the past.

Also, one of my cousins is Assistant Dean of Creighton's Graduate School and is a big fan but she doesn't talk shit win or lose. I'm sure she's disappointed but will be magnanimous in her comments. Unlike other cousins who are Nebraska football fans and talk enough shit to get an honorary degree from aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Modessit said:

There was a time when you knew playing a top-10 team meant a loss, no matter what we were ranked. Glad that's in the past.

Also, one of my cousins is Assistant Dean of Creighton's Graduate School and is a big fan but she doesn't talk shit win or lose. I'm sure she's disappointed but will be magnanimous in her comments. Unlike other cousins who are Nebraska football fans and talk enough shit to get an honorary degree from aggy.

Biggest losers talk the most shit. 

2 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

He couldv'e hovered under the basket for a small bit. All the creighton dudes were way back so it would have taken at least 3 seconds to get close to him. But I'll take that dunk for sure. 

I think this is the only additional thing you could've asked. Creighton really wasn't chasing, so he could've sat under under the hoop for a couple seconds. But that's crazy nitpicking and I would've rather taken the for sure points than risk something going wrong just to burn a couple seconds. Especially when that basket should've sealed the deal if their guy didn't go absolutely bonkers hitting threes.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Did you miss the one 2 weeks ago?

We were #11 then, not in the top ten.  But yeah :D

https://texassports.com/news/2022/11/21/mens-basketball-mens-basketball-jumps-to-no-4-in-the-ap-poll.aspx

20 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Brock ices it!

First Top 10 win @ home since 2009???? With us being a Top 10 team??? Confused.

Edited by ATXbronco

5 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Texas still doesn’t have an answer for team’s with big/tall center.

The answer is to make them run the floor.

Yes, we'll run into that matchup problem eventually, but if you have a center who's 6'10"+ and a plodder, we can that a matchup problem for you, too.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Mitchell didn’t get much run at the end. Not enough experience yet to close? 

I guess. I didn't think that was the best move by Beard. Mitchell was awesome all night. 

But Beard is coaching for March in some ways. I trust the right guys will be on the floor when it (really) matters. 

16 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

That was my first Moody experience and it was AWESOME

I generally only go to the day games since I take my 10 year old son and we were out of town on the 26th so Arkansas-Pine Bluff is my first game of the season on the 10th. Pretty fired up to see the new arena in person.

Edited by Valmy77