Motorcycle rallies = organ donation rallies

crash_davis

It's nice of Harvard to validate what most everyone already knows. 

Some entrepreneur type should find a way to monetize and match dudes going to motorcycle rallies to organ transplant waitlist recipients. Maybe the waitlist recipients can  pay for all of the motorcyclists' drinks for the weekend.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

It's nice of Harvard to validate what most everyone already knows. 

Some entrepreneur type should find a way to monetize and match dudes going to motorcycle rallies to organ transplant waitlist recipients. Maybe the waitlist recipients can  pay for all of the motorcyclists' drinks for the weekend.

Good news is, your liver transplant went well. 

Bad news is, you're fucking wasted and it's going to take a bit for the booze and meth to clear the system. 

• Haha 4

My great uncle was a neurosurgeon.  I wasn't but probably 8 years old when he lectured me: "Promise me you'll never get on a goddamned motorcycle.  I'm sick and tired of spending my weekends trying to shovel some idiot's brains back into his skull with a spatula."  The imagery was....effective.  I've never been on a motorbike on the road.  I rode a dirt bike a time or two, but that's it.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

My great uncle was a neurosurgeon.  I wasn't but probably 8 years old when he lectured me: "Promise me you'll never get on a goddamned motorcycle.  I'm sick and tired of spending my weekends trying to shovel some idiot's brains back into his skull with a spatula."  The imagery was....effective.  I've never been on a motorbike on the road.  I rode a dirt bike a time or two, but that's it.

Having to look through hundreds/thousands  of insurance claims (with photos) is very effective as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

I stopped going a few years after I sold my motorcycle, but went to ROT a good dozen times from 2007-2019.  Moving it to COTA, then whatever god forsaken glorified field it’s in now, was the end of the road for me…plus it was expensive for what you got, the acts were shit, and it was the same people doing the same shit.  

I’m always amazed there weren’t more deaths around town or at the grounds…I think the primary saving grace was that most of the dumbest shit, where there was a crowd to show off to, happened at all of 15mph.  The ‘parade’ downtown became a slow crawl of overheated Harley’s and the ‘parade route’ around the Expo center barely moved at all late in the evening when people were most drunk…had to call 911 once due to a cart tipping over with head injuries but everything else was fender benders.  

19 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

Why?

The chances of a fatality in a motorcycle accident are approximately 30 times higher than in a car. Motorcycle accidents have a staggering 80% injury or death rate, while car accidents remain around 20%.

numbers game bruh. I gotta get that  third kidney and backup taint from somewheres. 

Edited by hookemATL
Everyone able to do so should be an organ donor.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

The chances of a fatality in a motorcycle accident are approximately 30 times higher than in a car. Motorcycle accidents have a staggering 80% injury or death rate, while car accidents remain around 20%.

numbers game bruh. I gotta get that  third kidney and backup taint from somewheres. 

No argument on the organ donation thing, if that's what you choose to do, but if you're going to make it mandatory for people who choose to engage in higher risk activities like motorcycle riding, skydiving, etc., you should also ban alcoholics, smokers, drug addicts, etc. from receiving organ donations.  Take better care of your original set of organs, and maybe you wouldn't need that transplant.