Defund the IRS

MeerkatBong

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Only anyone with eyes. The numbers are easy. They take more than they contribute. That is a net negative for their contribution to society.  The rich don’t pay shit either, but at least they aren’t spitting in our fucking hamburgers before heading down to grab some groceries a net positive payer provides for them.  

Actually, the poor spending all of their money drives the economy and is taxed at every level.   The Elon Musk just debt-loaded Twitter and is looking like a horrible bet for the banks that bought it, who no doubt will pass on that loss to who?  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

How do you know you don't take more than you contribute? How much is your security worth? How about all the money you save because of the power of the dollar? Are you sure you aren't a net negative for society?

yeah, I’m pretty sure. But let’s play your game.  Let’s say I am.  There’s a massive fucking gap in paying in out your ass and getting your income tax back in full each April. 

22 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Stop being shitty to service people and they'll stop spitting in your food, goddam.  

How is expecting them to pay in equally for the same services we both use (theoretically) being shitty?   Asking someone to contribute isn’t shitty, it’s what taxes are for.  

• Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

It’s a really good idea to talk tax policies with someone that has admitted to consuming over $1000 worth of chick fil a in a single month.

Blink 182 Wtf GIF

How is that even possible?

Edited by Nivek

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Only anyone with eyes. The numbers are easy. They take more than they contribute. That is a net negative for their contribution to society.  The rich don’t pay shit either, but at least they aren’t spitting in our fucking hamburgers before heading down to grab some groceries a net positive payer provides for them.  

yeah they're just pumping benzene in our air and breaking democracy when their corporation is held responsible for it.

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Unless my memory fails me I recall a post in GM steakhouse when he was still DonkeyCigars admitting it. It blew my mind at the time and it’s stuck with me. 

Does he own the franchise now?

• Haha 1

On 12/1/2022 at 10:02 PM, MeerkatBong said:

Everyone on this website save maybe the Chicago guy who was bought out by the PE firm and got his Rolls Royce stolen in Chicago is closer to a homeless person than a Trump or Biden. Heck, half of us are a year or two without income and we would be homeless, so I agree.

If you’re really worried about this, a better way to solve it would be to vote for a social safety net that uses taxes to ensure you don’t risk homelessness or medical bankruptcy if you lose your job.  That’s what will fix it, not keeping your Venmo payments under the table. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Thank you for the validation. I have pretty good memory recall but that is definitely something my weed brain could have dreamed up. 

I also have weed brain but didn't he post a screenshot of his rewards as proof because no one believed him? 

6 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I also have weed brain but didn't he post a screenshot of his rewards as proof because no one believed him? 

I don’t remember that but as they say it tracks. 

csb - I had a job organizing large scale events and one of my responsibilities was managing all the catering vendors that we offered. One of those vendors was Chick Fil A. After our initial meeting, the super cute CFA rep asked where I would like rewards points to go. Since there was no way to route them to the customers making the orders (and knowing that there would be thousands of dollars spent on CFA throughout the busy season) I let her use my account. This resulted in a metric SHITLOAD of points ending up in my account. I’m not really a huge fan of CFA, but I got kids and it was pretty nice not having to pay for a single item for more than a year.  Also was able to buy lunch for my coworkers whenever, including our labor guys who always busted ass for us on-site. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

csb - I had a job organizing large scale events and one of my responsibilities was managing all the catering vendors that we offered. One of those vendors was Chick Fil A. After our initial meeting, the super cute CFA rep asked where I would like rewards points to go. Since there was no way to route them to the customers making the orders (and knowing that there would be thousands of dollars spent on CFA throughout the busy season) I let her use my account. This resulted in a metric SHITLOAD of points ending up in my account. I’m not really a huge fan of CFA, but I got kids and it was pretty nice not having to pay for a single item for more than a year.  Also was able to buy lunch for my coworkers whenever, including our labor guys who always busted ass for us on-site. 

So basically you failed to report income, you capitalist pig scum?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/1/2022 at 4:16 PM, MeerkatBong said:

You want to co-charter one with me?

Also I should change the title to "Defend the IRS" based on the sentiment of the community here. I really misread the room.

It's not that you "misread the room."  It's OK to post all sorts of weird shit on this forum.

But if you post dumbass shit without thinking it through, people will assume your a troll or just too dumb to have ever gone to UT and crowd source you.

Surely you post at TexAgs or SEC Rant and are more warmly received?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, hookemATL said:

It’s a really good idea to talk tax policies with someone that has admitted to consuming over $1000 worth of chick fil a in a single month. Clearly a lot of sound financial analyses coming out of his fat fucking mushbrain.

while there are some perfectly salient and interesting posts contained within, EVERYONE came here to dunk on Captain Clownshow as their initial instinct in opening the thread. 

ABOLISH POSTERS WITH MORE THAN ONE CROWDSOURCING

Tipoffs:

1. Started by MeerkatBong

2. Started yesterday but thread is already 3 pages long 

3. Flame subject

You know before you click what you're getting.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Wow.  That's quite a post.

This you?

d6943a10d0e68cfc611b97898b80fb7f.jpg

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Holy shit mr hierarchical structures boy! You sure do love you some fascist adjacent ideology lol. The rich would absolutely spit in your burger after getting to know you, I'm sure of it champ

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Wow.  That's quite a post. 

What never seems to occur to these guys is the hidden cost of the marginal poor being subjected to higher taxes and as a result just dropping out.

Never mind the inhumanity for failing to recognize the basic costs of food and shelter, and how much more difficult those are to cover for the poor.  TAX 'EM EQUALLY!!!  IT'S ONLY FAIR!!!

OK, fuck around and find out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

I did sort of the same thing when I purchased all of the computers, routers, switches, monitors etc.. for a large day-trading firm on my own Citibank American Airlines Platinum Card and then got reimbursed for them. I've used about half of them but I'm still sitting on slightly over two million frequent flyer miles. 

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Never mind the inhumanity for failing to recognize the basic costs of food and shelter, and how much more difficult those are to cover for the poor.  TAX 'EM EQUALLY!!!  IT'S ONLY FAIR!!!

I’m willing to listen for a case as to why they should have preferred treatment, at the literal expense of others. 

• Fuck You 2

Just now, fattyflattie said:

I’m willing to listen for a case as to why they should have preferred treatment, at the literal expense of others. 

Because your selfish ass would have to pay more if they didn't get that preferential treatment?  I mean, if it's all about money, a progressive tax code is the LEAST costly way to handle the poor.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Preferential treatment?  I mean, I guess if you only use tunnel vision and look at federal income tax, rather than marginal rate on all taxes paid, including Social Security and sales tax, which gives the poor a higher marginal rate than the wealthy.  Also, if you simply ignore that all the crap you consume, including the groceries you buy, the electronics driven across the country, your haircuts, the ChickFilA, the hospital cleaning crew, whatever, is subsidized by the non-living wages the people who help you live a comfortable life take home.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Fuck off. Preferential treatment is not what they get.

"According to the report, the lower one’s income, the higher the effective state and local tax rate. Combining all state and local income, property, sales and excise taxes that Americans pay, the nationwide average effective state and local tax rates by income group are 10.9 percent for the poorest 20 percent, 9.4 percent for the middle 20 percent and 5.4 percent for the top 1 percent, the report said."

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2015/1/15/the-poor-pay-a-higher-percentage-of-income-in-taxes

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Fuck off. Preferential treatment is not what they get.

"According to the report, the lower one’s income, the higher the effective state and local tax rate. Combining all state and local income, property, sales and excise taxes that Americans pay, the nationwide average effective state and local tax rates by income group are 10.9 percent for the poorest 20 percent, 9.4 percent for the middle 20 percent and 5.4 percent for the top 1 percent, the report said."

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2015/1/15/the-poor-pay-a-higher-percentage-of-income-in-taxes

So, that middle 60% they left out? How’s that fare?  

9 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I mean, I guess if you only use tunnel vision and look at federal income tax, rather than marginal rate on all taxes paid, including Social Security and sales tax, which gives the poor a higher marginal rate than the wealthy.

Well, it’s literally the one the can’t do’s get right back, while the can do’s, pay in. Why wouldn’t it be a focus point?  

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Preferential treatment?  I mean, I guess if you only use tunnel vision and look at federal income tax, rather than marginal rate on all taxes paid, including Social Security and sales tax, which gives the poor a higher marginal rate than the wealthy.  Also, if you simply ignore that all the crap you consume, including the groceries you buy, the electronics driven across the country, your haircuts, the ChickFilA, the hospital cleaning crew, whatever, is subsidized by the non-living wages the people who help you live a comfortable life take home.

those taxes don't count.  I just like to complain about the one tax using Tahoe's logic from Hornsfans.com days.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, it’s literally the one the can’t do’s get right back, while the can do’s, pay in. Why wouldn’t it be a focus point?  

Interesting that you think the people who sell you groceries, wipe your ass when you're in the hospital, or teach your children are "can't dos."  Actually, it's not interesting.  It's disgusting.  I can't believe I'm quoting Christian scripture, but I guess "blessed are the poor" has gone by the wayside.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Interesting that you think the people who sell you groceries, wipe your ass when you're in the hospital, or teach your children are "can't dos."  Actually, it's not interesting.  It's disgusting.  I can't believe I'm quoting Christian scripture, but I guess "blessed are the poor" has gone by the wayside.

Whoever mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished. Prov 17:5

One of those pesky verses

He isn't going to tell you that fast food worker or the landscape worker is a contribution to society. Unless there's a pandemic and he hasn't had a pizza in a week and the yard is getting too tall to mow easily. Then they are essential workers that must face the dangers of a world changing disease. While we berate them for slow service. For the barest minimum wage the market or federal government allows.

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

There is one relatively minor concern here.  The $600 threshold is for reporting via 1099.  That just makes it harder to conceal.

But, there is a possibility of errors in the 1099 so that non-income transactions appear.  That could be a pain in the ass if you are a heavy user of online payments.  I am aware that the payment services try to differentiate between income and non-income payments, but I don't know how robust that is.

12 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

You tell me. Go find me something to back up your claim that the poor get preferential treatment. You said it, not me. I presented evidence, of which there is an abundance, that the opposite is true.

12 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Again, I don’t know why you guys even bother with pig-ignorant little shittrolls like this one. There’s a difference between someone who don’t know and someone who won’t know.

• Hook 'Em 5

13 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Wow, would you look at this: the five states that contribute the overwhelming majority of Federal tax are all blue states. 

image.thumb.png.ddad18ef2d0d161960183e7fa73d5e94.png
They get back less than they pay to the Feds.  But where does that money go?  Well, mostly to those hard working, bootstrap, climate change doesn't exist red states, of course.

image.thumb.png.b89d0ad710d5ef1295c4f471664a45d8.png

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Again, I don’t know why you guys even bother with pig-ignorant little shittrolls like this one. There’s a difference between someone who don’t know and someone who won’t know.

because we cannot give them a sanctuary for spreading lies.  

Fair enough.  Although, in this case, the pig ignorant shittrolls started the thread, and the entire thread was a shittroll thread, as opposed to what they usually do with derailing threads with their shittrolling.

16 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Whoever mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished. Prov 17:5

One of those pesky verses

He isn't going to tell you that fast food worker or the landscape worker is a contribution to society. Unless there's a pandemic and he hasn't had a pizza in a week and the yard is getting too tall to mow easily. Then they are essential workers that must face the dangers of a world changing disease. While we berate them for slow service. For the barest minimum wage the market or federal government allows.

Wait, are we back on Christianity is good again?  Last week this site had determined it was the bane of human existence.

pig-ignorant little shittrolls like this one.

Lol.  Dude I’m sure there’s some poor guy that will let you suck his dick. No need to just Stan on the internet.

3 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Wow, would you look at this: the five states that contribute the overwhelming majority of Federal tax are all blue states. 

image.thumb.png.ddad18ef2d0d161960183e7fa73d5e94.png
They get back less than they pay to the Feds.  But where does that money go?  Well, mostly to those hard working, bootstrap, climate change doesn't exist red states, of course.

image.thumb.png.b89d0ad710d5ef1295c4f471664a45d8.png

the fuck does this have to do with states?  It’s about being given free shit simply because you aren’t able to keep up with society.  

• Fuck You 1