Defund the IRS

MeerkatBong

21 hours ago, safe sex said:

Seems like the kind of guy who pulls out five one-dollar bills and lays them out on the table at the start of a meal out with his family, and takes one off each time he feels slighted by the server 

fatty calculating a tip.. 

seinfeld-george.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

Which makes no sense since he apparently also believes that if the federal government taxes that same, chintzy tip, it's theft.

Incorrect.  I’d gladly pay more to have a nicer society.  But considering how many can’t even contribute now, I don’t see how they ever happens. 

I just find it curious, the line where “equity for everyone” is no longer a good thing.  

Incorrect.  I’d gladly pay more to have a nicer society.  But considering how many can’t even contribute now, I don’t see how they ever happens. 
I just find it curious, the line where “equity for everyone” is no longer a good thing.  

Move to Sweden. Bring a coat dude.

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Stopped your quote where you flat out lied. Not an “arguable point,” not a “well, it depends on how you look at it.” It’s a 100% lie, 180 degrees away from the truth.
The poor pay a shitload of money to fund governmental functions (that’s all taxes are - money paid to fund the government). Whether they are paid directly in the form of fees (eg, registration if your car, drivers license fee, fees for professional licenses (like an LVN), or directly in sales and use taxes, or indirectly via property taxes that are passed through to them in rent, they don’t just “contribute,” they often pay a HIGHER percentage of their income/“wealth” towards funding the government than you and I do.
Stop lying. Just stop.

And yet they don’t have to pay as many types of taxes as the “middle class”.   Wonder what it would be like to get 33% of your annual income back, food paid for, and some help with the mortgage.  Could probably knock decades off of retirement saving.  

Tell me again about equity.  

3 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Move to Sweden. Bring a coat dude.

Already married.  Though the slopes would be an upgrade.  

• Fuck You 4

8 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Fair enough.  Although, in this case, the pig ignorant shittrolls started the thread, and the entire thread was a shittroll thread, as opposed to what they usually do with derailing threads with their shittrolling.

All fair points.

What the ACTUAL fuck? You think that poor people have some advantage towards…RETIREMENT SAVINGS? Holy Jesus motherfucking tapdancing fuckshit, what the fucking fuck is wrong with you?
These are people who have NO savings. Every penny they make goes to cover the basics. And if the car breaks and needs a $1000 repair…they can’t afford it. So they can’t use their car. And they lose their job that they have to drive to. Then they lose their apartment.

Jesus fucking Christ, where in the hell do you get your information that the poor are just kicking back on easy street?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What the ACTUAL fuck? You think that poor people have some advantage towards…RETIREMENT SAVINGS? Holy Jesus motherfucking tapdancing fuckshit, what the fucking fuck is wrong with you?
These are people who have NO savings. Every penny they make goes to cover the basics. And if the car breaks and needs a $1000 repair…they can’t afford it. So they can’t use their car. And they lose their job that they have to drive to. Then they lose their apartment.

Jesus fucking Christ, where in the hell do you get your information that the poor are just kicking back on easy street?

Ben Shapiro and his merry band of storytellers.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I’d gladly pay more to have a nicer society.  But considering how many can’t even contribute now, I don’t see how they ever happens. 

You would pay more but only if (unnamed percentage) of the population pays more.  Since some can't, why not just say you won't pay more rather than virtue signal?

Seems like I've heard this "everyone should have skin in the game' idea before.  Wait, you're Rick Scott?

41 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No. Try to follow along. I said that if we all played by the same rules, then it would look a helluva lot different for the middle class.  But we don’t.  The rules are relaxed tremendously on each side of the middle class.  Then I asked you to explain equitable to me, since I must have it wrong.  

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No. Try to follow along. I said that if we all played by the same rules, then it would look a helluva lot different for the middle class.  But we don’t.  The rules are relaxed tremendously on each side of the middle class.  Then I asked you to explain equitable to me, since I must have it wrong.  

Again, do you have any idea how the middle class was created?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Again, do you have any idea how the middle class was created?

Let me guess your angle. Unions and the govt providing everything for everyone.  

Now, since we are nearly 80 years past that, and even our poor are still some of the luckiest in the world, can we talk about taxes again?  Or since no one wants to talk about equitable taxing, maybe we can hit that?   I mean, the govt is literally paying for your college now (middle class taxpayer holla), what can possibly be the excuse to not be a contributor in this day and age. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Guys we've had this conversation with him before. He doesn't care, because his feelings (hatred of poor people) are all that matter to him.

I don’t hate poors. I would be completely indifferent to them is they contributed like the rest of America.  Hating the poor is all that matters to me?  Fuck, I can think of a million things that matter more to me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

And yet they don’t have to pay as many types of taxes as the “middle class”.   Wonder what it would be like to get 33% of your annual income back, food paid for, and some help with the mortgage.  Could probably knock decades off of retirement saving.  

Tell me again about equity.  

Already married.  Though the slopes would be an upgrade.  

You're a real asshole, you know, right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Let me guess your angle. Unions and the govt providing everything for everyone.  

Now, since we are nearly 80 years past that, and even our poor are still some of the luckiest in the world, can we talk about taxes again?  Or since no one wants to talk about equitable taxing, maybe we can hit that?   I mean, the govt is literally paying for your college now (middle class taxpayer holla), what can possibly be the excuse to not be a contributor in this day and age. 

What on earth are you talking about?

57 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I don’t hate poors. I would be completely indifferent to them is they contributed like the rest of America.  Hating the poor is all that matters to me?  Fuck, I can think of a million things that matter more to me. 

They do contribute. Most poor people work. A lot.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's exactly what an asshole says.

Exactly. 

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What on earth are you talking about?

Come on, Jack.  Actually, I think I just found a way to break out of poverty.   Was my macro view of the building of the middle class agreeable? 

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They do contribute. Most poor people work. A lot.

Cool. I’m glad they work.  I don’t recall claiming otherwise, but now that that’s been established, let’s talk about contributing something we can actually benefit from, like helping finance our country.  Sounds like they have something in common with everyone else who actually pays income tax. The transition may be as simple as fixing bad policy.  

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Cool. I’m glad they work.  I don’t recall claiming otherwise, but now that that’s been established, let’s talk about contributing something we can actually benefit from, like helping finance our country.  Sounds like they have something in common with everyone else who actually pays income tax. The transition may be as simple as fixing bad policy.  

Sure, let's put even more children in poverty just so middle class people like yourself feel like the poor aren't pulling one over on them.

Great plan.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Exactly. 

Come on, Jack.  Actually, I think I just found a way to break out of poverty.   Was my macro view of the building of the middle class agreeable? 

Sounds like you believe the only two issues are 1) poor people aren't paid enough for their labor and 2) the rich don't pay enough tax.  

So we're cool now.  If that's not what you're saying, you're an asshole.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

Sure, let's put even more children in poverty just so middle class people like yourself feel like the poor aren't pulling one over on them.

Great plan.

I should have known the equitable talking points over the last few years were just more bullshit.  If nothing else, at least y’all are consistent.  

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

Sounds like you believe the only two issues are 1) poor people aren't paid enough for their labor and 2) the rich don't pay enough tax.  

So we're cool now.  If that's not what you're saying, you're an asshole.

People are generally paid what they are worth.   The ultra rich don’t pay nearly enough tax.  There’s plenty in the barely rich that are over taxed.  I couldn’t give af less about being called an asshole.   

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I should have known the equitable talking points over the last few years were just more bullshit.  If nothing else, at least y’all are consistent.  

Here's the image my kids studied in lower school.  

IISC_EqualityEquity.png

Do you get it now?

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, how about corporations, that do all that is humanly possible to avoid their tax obligations (they are human, yknow), and, concomitantly pay the lowest wages the law and an indifferent society will tolerate, and/or ship jobs off to worse societies where they can even more easily avoid paying a living wage, show a little compassion for the least of us instead of exclusively focusing on shareholder returns.

Unions fucked themselves up, badly.  But in the current situation, labor has little or no leverage against employers and that's fucked up.  I didn't like what I knew of what labor unions had become by the 70s and 80s when they lost most of their power due to their own malfeasance.  But they served a purpose and we need them, or something like them.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

You don't want equity, you just want lower taxes.

Do you want equity?   Surely you see the disconnect?

Lower taxes would be great. What would be even better is if we didn’t have such a large population who have preferential financial treatment at the hands of the government.  Taxes at the current rates are fine, too.  But apparently people can’t afford an American lifestyle if asked to pay equitably. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Do you want equity?   Surely you see the disconnect?

Lower taxes would be great. What would be even better is if we didn’t have such a large population who have preferential financial treatment at the hands of the government.  Taxes at the current rates are fine, too.  But apparently people can’t afford an American lifestyle if asked to pay equitably. 

Preferential treatment from the government literally created and sustains the middle class.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

People are generally paid what they are worth.  

With this statement you have demonstrated the depth of your understanding of economics, which isn't much.  With the absence of collective bargaining, individual workings can only work for what is being offered. 

You can test that yourself.  Let's say you make $200,000 a year (sorry if I sold you short).  You approach other firms in your area of expertise and ask for $400,000.  How do you think that will go?  Who decides "worth?"  You or them?

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

The ultra rich don’t pay nearly enough tax.  

Agreed.  I don't know where you draw the line between "rich" and "ultra rich" though.  Care to share?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, how about corporations, that do all that is humanly possible to avoid their tax obligations (they are human, yknow), and, concomitantly pay the lowest wages the law and an indifferent society will tolerate, and/or ship jobs off to worse societies where they can even more easily avoid paying a living wage, show a little compassion for the least of us instead of exclusively focusing on shareholder returns.

What about them?  As a shareholder I hope they make as much as possible.  Most of America wouldn’t be able to dream of retiring without them propping how their 401k’s. You want them to pay more taxes? Ok.  Now it’s harder for those with the least amount of money to survive, but ok.   I really don’t gaf if taxes are a flat 1k, or 50k, as long as it’s fair.  Right now, it’s nowhere fucking close. 

• Fuck You 3

Just now, fattyflattie said:

What about them?  As a shareholder I hope they make as much as possible.  Most of America wouldn’t be able to dream of retiring without them propping how their 401k’s. You want them to pay more taxes? Ok.  Now it’s harder for those with the least amount of money to survive, but ok.   I really don’t gaf if taxes are a flat 1k, or 50k, as long as it’s fair.  Right now, it’s nowhere fucking close. 

How about they pay their taxes, pay their employees fairly, fund their 401ks and let shareholders and the stock market figure out whether they're a well-run company by something other than last quarter's EBIDTA?

A company can make a little less profit and still be a very attractive investment.  None of this is going to put them under.  The system right now heavily favors the shareholder/upper classes at the expense of the lower classes.  And there's nothing to counterbalance or stop that except the government by taxation, regulation, or some combination thereof.  

Or, corporations could start acting a little more like the humans the law has begun to say they are.

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Bullneck said:

With this statement you have demonstrated the depth of your understanding of economics, which isn't much.  With the absence of collective bargaining, individual workings can only work for what is being offered. 

You can test that yourself.  Let's say you make $200,000 a year (sorry if I sold you short).  You approach other firms in your area of expertise and ask for $400,000.  How do you think that will go?  Who decides "worth?"  You or them?

Agreed.  I don't know where you draw the line between "rich" and "ultra rich" though.  Care to share?

“They” always determine your worth.  It’s up to the individual to become “worth” more.  Education, time invested, hell, luck.  But it’s in our court. 

wrt “barely rich”.  Yeah, people that have successful small businesses, employ others, etc. Generally make society move.  5-15m types.  By and large put work into building it.  Elon, Bezos, Trump etc and the rest can get fucked for all I care.  Argument can be made they’ve provided tons of jobs and benefit to society, but miss me with complete tax dodging. How to tax them accurately needs to be left to the most intelligent among us, of which, I’m certainly not.  But when you can look at it and clearly see it’s wrong, it’s a no brainer. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

How about they pay their taxes, pay their employees fairly, fund their 401ks and let shareholders and the stock market figure out whether they're a well-run company by something other than last quarter's EBIDTA?

A company can make a little less profit and still be a very attractive investment.  None of this is going to put them under.  The system right now heavily favors the shareholder/upper classes at the expense of the lower classes.  And there's nothing to counterbalance or stop that except the government by taxation, regulation, or some combination thereof.  

Or, corporations could start acting a little more like the humans the law has begun to say they are.

Who’s not being paid fairly?  The mailroom guy isn’t worth $40/hr because central Austin is a cool place to live.  He needs to take his skill set, breathing (?), and find a place that better suits his financial station. You mentioned letting the markets figure it out.  I agree. If McDonalds can’t make it work in San Fran, maybe San Fran peeps will have to miss out on their Big Macs till their market corrects.  

I would absolutely love to live down on Chevy Chase.  But, unfortunately for me, I’m not a titan of industry, and apparently neither were my ancestors. So I live where I can afford to, while having access to work where we agree on my “worth”.  The market decided and worked. 

• Fuck You 3

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

“They” always determine your worth.  It’s up to the individual to become “worth” more.  Education, time invested, hell, luck.  But it’s in our court. 

The saddest part of your posts is that you believe them.  You know what's best for everyone and the whys and hows.  

Sickening, really.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Who’s not being paid fairly?  The mailroom guy isn’t worth $40/hr because central Austin is a cool place to live.  He needs to take his skill set, breathing (?), and find a place that better suits his financial station. You mentioned letting the markets figure it out.  I agree. If McDonalds can’t make it work in San Fran, maybe San Fran peeps will have to miss out on their Big Macs till their market corrects.  

I would absolutely love to live down on Chevy Chase.  But, unfortunately for me, I’m not a titan of industry, and apparently neither were my ancestors. So I live where I can afford to, while having access to work where we agree on my “worth”.  The market decided and worked. 

Have you or your ancestors ever had to worry about living where you're allowed to?