Two more years of this Big 12 nonsense.

927 E. 41st

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

lso, this whole saga underscores how Breaking Bad is the most unrealistic show in the history of Hollywood.  If one meth lab could really earn $75 million in like 18 months, then why is OU struggling to pay their buyout fee to the Big 12?

They probably have too much competition from the mobile home parks, likely surpressing the price.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

We are offended that our RB lost a conference award to the QB of the undefeated #3 team?

Not to mention that Bijan went 12 carries for 29 yards in the head to head matchup. The penalty thing is egregious though. 

Yeah Murfdogg I am, if you were building a team who would take Max Duggan over Bijan? Other than maybe Jerry Jones and whoever the idiots are running the Browns.

Edited by 927 E. 41st
  • Hook 'Em 2

I think fucking over Texas is the icing, not the cake here:

The Big12 is all about convincing anyone who will listen they are a top 4 conference post Tex/Ou

Big 12 champ game moves to ESPN and gets gameday

OPOY/DPOY are both in championship game, to highlight these are both really top notch teams with top notch players......

Sure its the underwear gnome guide to profitability,  but it's all they got.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think the DPOY pick for the K-State DE is the more egregious oversight than Duggan over Bijan. Nearly 40% of KSU dude's sacks for the season came in one game against Texas Tech. He got nada against Texas and TCU. Ford was a difference maker all season long and got robbed.

It's definitely the most egregious thing about the awards. It's absolute nonsense and says a lot about the voters that they could be so petty as to take their rage out on the players that had zero say and zero influence over the decision to leave the conference.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Yeah Murfdogg I am, if you were building a team who would take Max Duggan over Bijan? Other than maybe Jerry Jones and whoever the idiots are running the Browns.

Just now, Huckleberry said:

I too was impressed by how consistently Duggan tackled Robinson. 

Ok guys. Awards in college aren’t awarded based on who is the best NFL prospect. And Huck, you are being obtuse if you deny that fans, media, et al. like to contrast head to head performances of offensive players (like Manning vs Brady etc.) even though Manning never tackled Brady. Hasn’t almost every MVP and award in recent memory, or forever, favored the “best player on the best team” rather than the best individual player (see: Heisman trophy). This is especially biased towards QBs. 

I wasn’t saying Duggan is a better football player than Bijan. I meant I don’t understand the shock and outrage that the QB of the league’s best team, that is undefeated and ranked #3 nationally, won an award over our school’s RB who will be a first round pick but is the RB of the third place team in conference and was only #5 in yards nationally (great, but not like he was undeniably the best player in D1).

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

We are offended that our RB lost a conference award to the QB of the undefeated #3 team?

Not to mention that Bijan went 12 carries for 29 yards in the head to head matchup. The penalty thing is egregious though. 

Point well taken.  However, Duggan threw for 124 yards, one TD pass, and was sacked a season high five times in that same game.  He too certainly did not have a Big XII player of the year game against Texas.

• Hook 'Em 6

33 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

Point well taken.  However, Duggan threw for 124 yards, one TD pass, and was sacked a season high five times in that same game.  He too certainly did not have a Big XII player of the year game against Texas.

He's the QB on a 12-0 team, that led the league in yds, TDs, completion percentage, QB rating and probably other stats. He is the main reason TCU should be in the CFP with a shot to win it all. If the scenarios were switched (Duggan playing for 12-0 Texas, Bijan playing for 8-4 TCU) and Bijan won POY, the same people would be bitching about that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

He's the QB on a 12-0 team, that led the league in yds, TDs, completion percentage, QB rating and probably other stats. He is the main reason TCU should be in the CFP with a shot to win it all. If the scenarios were switched (Duggan playing for 12-0 Texas, Bijan playing for 8-4 TCU) and Bijan won POY, the same people would be bitching about that. 

Once he isn’t protected by the b12 refs, that tcu offense is going to fall apart.
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

That’s not a point to which I was responding.  The point I responded to was that Bijan did not do well head to head against TCU.  Neither did Duggan against Texas.

4 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Fuck it. Let's leave now and do 2 years as Independent, then see if we still want to go SEC.  We can even keep some, if not most, of our scheduled games,... just not with XII officiating,

Texas as an independent would work out about as well as having our own dedicated channel…

• Haha 1

Are we really hanging around just because of money?
It's pretty simple really..the SEC wants us and blowU at the same time to avoid fucked up scheduling, but Brokelahoma can't come up with the scratch. Would you want to be the one loaning a bunch of methheads millions of dollars? So yeah, it's because of money..but mostly Fox trying to hang on to us as long as they can
  • Hook 'Em 1

Texas and OU could leave early, Big 12 keeps their GOR for two more years as contractually obligated, but Texas and OU play only neutral site games wearing visitors uniforms so the Big12/Fox gets no home games to broadcast. Meanwhile UT and OU can cash checks from their other exhibitions and road games. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

We need to scoreboard the entire big 12 on our way out.  Of course, we should have been doing that the whole time we were in.

Helps to have a coach who recognizes when his QB is playing like a raging dumpster inferno to maybe go to the backup QB but instead throws the backup QB under the bus afterwards saying it wouldnt be fair to him. No what wasnt fair was not getting a chance.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Texas and OU’s biggest mistake was giving the B12 such early notice that they were leaving.  Too bad they couldn’t wait until the last day of the contract year and say goodbye and good luck. 

That's not a mistake, it's by design that conferences are notified of departures earlier than the last minute.  TV deals have to be negotiated in advance and networks have to know which schools they're getting in a new deal so there are deadlines for this kind of thing.  USC and UCLA announced their Pac 12 departure on the final day they could have done so without any penalties in order to leave in time to join the B1G for 2024.  That was done at the end of June 2022 so basically a two year heads up for the Pac 12 that they will have to figure out life without the LA schools.  I don't know these details for the Big 12 but I'm certain there was a similar deadline given all the realignment turmoil the conference has been through and that Texas and Oklahoma waited as long as they could.

It sucks having to go through lame duck seasons on the way out the door when you just want to join your new friends but I can tell you it's fucking fun to win while you're doing it.  Tearing out Oregon State's heart the final time USC ever played there was particularly satisfying.  I'd love to make the Pac 12's assclown commissioner hand Lincoln Riley a Pac 12 championship trophy each of the last two years we'll be in his second rate conference.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/1/2022 at 12:28 PM, TheAuditor said:

I think fucking over Texas is the icing, not the cake here:

The Big12 is all about convincing anyone who will listen they are a top 4 conference post Tex/Ou

Big 12 champ game moves to ESPN and gets gameday

OPOY/DPOY are both in championship game, to highlight these are both really top notch teams with top notch players......

Sure its the underwear gnome guide to profitability,  but it's all they got.  

we're big,

we're evil,

and by god,

they are entitled to our money.

• Hook 'Em 1