Two more years of this Big 12 nonsense.

927 E. 41st

I shit down DeLoss Dodds neck. He was the bitch who wouldnt let go of LHN when we had the chance to flee for only giving that up. Instead he locked us into this abominable piece of shit for 14 seasons the fact that our football team has sucked every dick imaginable since then is not a surprise.

That bastard sucks

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

Texas and OU’s biggest mistake was giving the B12 such early notice that they were leaving.  Too bad they couldn’t wait until the last day of the contract year and say goodbye and good luck. 

That douchnozzle aggy Brent Zwimmerwhatever at the Houston Chronicle leaked it as soon as he found out (or the aggy overloads told him to do to try and fuck Texas).  I'm sure OU and Texas would have rather have it announced this past summer (similar to USC & UCLA) right before the Big 12 TV negotiations began instead of Summer 2021. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I shit down DeLoss Dodds neck. He was the bitch who wouldnt let go of LHN when we had the chance to flee for only giving that up. Instead he locked us into this abominable piece of shit for 14 seasons the fact that our football team has sucked every dick imaginable since then is not a surprise.

That bastard sucks

There are MANY things to be upset about over DeLoss's tenure. Not sure this is top 10. As pissed as I am at the Big XII, being stuck in the PAC doesn't look like that great of deal either.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

Texas and OU’s biggest mistake was giving the B12 such early notice that they were leaving.  Too bad they couldn’t wait until the last day of the contract year and say goodbye and good luck. 

It was leaked by aggy, IIRC

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

There are MANY things to be upset about over DeLoss's tenure. Not sure this is top 10. As pissed as I am at the Big XII, being stuck in the PAC doesn't look like that great of deal either.

Does USC and UCLA bail if the Tex/OU pod is there?

7 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I'm pretty sure had we been in the Pac 16 (with OU, OSU, & TTU) they would have jumped in with the Big T1e1n and SEC as the top 3 conferences.  Because we didn't join them their expansion opportunities got proper fucked and now they are left holding the bag because their alpha schools are hauling ass too.

And I'd still rather have been visiting LA, SF, Oregon, Washington, AZ, etc than the dogshit cycle we have been on for the past decade.

Pac 12 is like the B1G . . . rumors of their demise tend to overstate things.  20 years ago everybody thought the Big 10 was dead, that no cold-weather school could out-recruit FSU, UF, and The U.

Well, look what happened.

The Pac 12 isn't all that bad right now, at least at the top.  I would have been happy had Texas headed west with OU and random clingers-on.

27 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

That bastard sucks

Yeah, fuck that guy who helped turn Texas back into a powerhouse with hires like Mack Brown, and Augie Garrido and created a culture of winning that still exists today that simply wasn't there.  

LHN was a fantastic idea.   Its execution has left a bit to be desired, but its idea and its content had enormous potential.  Especially if they got the HS games broadcast on them as was intended.  They just needed more content, maybe even an ongoing REAL WORLD style show, allowing for more student-generated content (film school is top-notch) and maybe hosting a Film appreciation showcase on it.   Heck, even a knock-off travel show, a competition travel show, could have generated some interest.   Vice would have been a good partner for NEWS content, and hosting their own NEWS could have worked.   

The issue was that without the direct games being featured, it lacked a lot, and limp dicked its way along by featuring the 2005 NC game 25 times a year and showing the same 2-5 commercials 15 times each game.   

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Yeah, fuck that guy who helped turn Texas back into a powerhouse with hires like Mack Brown, and Augie Garrido and created a culture of winning that still exists today that simply wasn't there.  

LHN was a fantastic idea.   Its execution has left a bit to be desired, but its idea and its content had enormous potential.  Especially if they got the HS games broadcast on them as was intended.  They just needed more content, maybe even an ongoing REAL WORLD style show, allowing for more student-generated content (film school is top-notch) and maybe hosting a Film appreciation showcase on it.   Heck, even a knock-off travel show, a competition travel show, could have generated some interest.   Vice would have been a good partner for NEWS content, and hosting their own NEWS could have worked.   

The issue was that without the direct games being featured, it lacked a lot, and limp dicked its way along by featuring the 2005 NC game 25 times a year and showing the same 2-5 commercials 15 times each game.   

He oversaw the first decade of futility in Texas history in the 80s then locked us in on the 2nd one. Maybe you like underachieving 

Edited by Pimphand
  • Rage+1 2

28 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Yeah, fuck that guy who helped turn Texas back into a powerhouse with hires like Mack Brown,

He didn't want Mack Brown.  The school wanted Gary Barnett @ CU.  It took DKR flopping his hog onto the table and forcing the issues with Brown that engendered his hiring.  

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

That the University of Texas has one national championship in the past 52 seasons is a goddamned fucking disgrace. If you disagree please go find some slapstick shitdick school to support because your feckless mindset is a disease.

Had Mack better managed the games and his roster, 3 is not outside the realm of possibility.  Shitting the bed vs. CU in the B12 championship game, VY obviously, and not having a developed backup against 'Bama with a great qb that was at the time, injury prone.  

2 hours ago, stork642 said:

A&M intentionally leaked it, hoping to sabotage the move altogether.

• Hook 'Em 1

Except for the fact if Texas and blowU were in the Pac (and maybe tagalongs TCEH and Okie Lite) they would be looking to expand instead of getting poached by the B1G
Nope

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

I would have been happy staying in a Pac 16 with Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State as members 13-16.  A third power conference that is entirely west of the Mississippi would be healthy for the sport instead of all the power and money in the sport shifting to the Midwest and Southeast.  My biggest problem with being in the Pac 12 is that USC has no peer programs here.  Because of that a disproportionately high burden of revenue generation falls on USC's shoulders.  Something like 1/3 of the Pac 12's media value came from USC, which means there are too many indians and not enough chiefs.  This dynamic also led to a lot of resentment between USC and the rest of the conference, similar to how Texas fans view the rest of the Big 12 as a bunch of ungrateful leeches while the rest of the Big 12 views Texas as greedy mean assholes.  That would not have been a problem with Texas and Oklahoma joining.

3 bluebloods at the top plus a second tier of Oregon, Washington, UCLA, Utah, Oklahoma State and Tech would go toe for toe with the B1G and SEC in terms of media deals and prestige.  That conference would generate enough revenue for the top schools to not feel like they're being taken advantage of and doing all the heavy lifting on their own.  The top schools could also look out for each other and their shared priorities instead of the nutswinger schools constantly getting their way at the expense of the bigger schools, my second biggest problem of Pac 12 membership.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

59 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Had Mack better managed the games and his roster, 3 is not outside the realm of possibility.  Shitting the bed vs. CU in the B12 championship game, VY obviously, and not having a developed backup against 'Bama with a great qb that was at the time, injury prone.  

Texas wasn’t going to beat Miami in 2001. 

That said, Texas was the best team in the country in 2005, 2008, and 2009.

A poll fucking and no backup cost the last two. 

• Hook 'Em 4

53 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Name them.  Because there are not 8.

Six of them are the starters at Texas, TCU, and ISU.  Brents at KSU, Walcott at Baylor.

Jahdae had an up and down year.  He was really good at run support.  He made some big plays.  It wasn't an award-winning season though.

Edited by JBJ

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

And if we really want to go down the “what if” road… what if Texas beats CU, plays Miami, gets worked, and that’s used against Texas in the VY recruitment and he goes to Miami instead?

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Colt was injury prone? I know he picked up a couple knocks his freshman season but he missed virtually zero time after that. 

On 12/1/2022 at 12:24 PM, 927 E. 41st said:

Yeah Murfdogg I am, if you were building a team who would take Max Duggan over Bijan? 

Wut? Not sure how that enters into the winner of a conference OPY for a given season.

Duggan and Robinson both had great statistical seasons. Duggan's team won the conference and is on the cusp of going to the FF. I love Robinson but it's easily understandable why Duggan won the award and he deserves it. 

It's okay to be objective, even on a Texas message board.  

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

We made more money with the LHN than we would have otherwise, but just from a fan’s perspective, I question anyone who doesn’t whine about the LHN.  We’ve had Lowell Galindo call a significant portion of our football and basketball games for the last 12 years, and the whole network is a giant embarrassment.  It creates no interesting programming, doesn’t promote the university, and can’t even sell a single real advertisement. 

This is a terrible opinion and you should feel terrible for having it. 

The LHN has allowed the airing of an incredibly higher number of Longhorn events with a dedicated network that I can tune into immediately without having to pay for this streaming package then that one, etc. Being embarrassed because ESPN didn't try to sell advertising is a you problem.  You sound like the babies worrying that other fanbases are laughing at us every time we have a coaching search. Who gives a shit?

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The LHN has allowed the airing of an incredibly higher number of Longhorn events with a dedicated network that I can tune into immediately without having to pay for this streaming package then that one, etc. Being embarrassed because ESPN didn't try to sell advertising is a you problem.  You sound like the babies worrying that other fanbases are laughing at us every time we have a coaching search. Who gives a shit?

Does pointing out that LHN is fucking amatuer hour really count as bitching? Or is it just straight up factual?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You can tune into LHN?

6 hours ago, Pimphand said:

That bastard sucks

I mean he was also the reason we won championships in baseball and football during that time and were really good in basketball.  Much like Mack it was the end that was bad not the whole tenor.  Also I liked being able to watch pretty much all basketball and baseball games when pretty much no other school could.  

12 hours ago, Pimphand said:

That the University of Texas has one national championship in the past 52 seasons is a goddamned fucking disgrace. If you disagree please go find some slapstick shitdick school to support because your feckless mindset is a disease.

Your life must suck if what 19 and 20 year old kids you never met do is that important to your life.  I bet you didn’t even manage to graduate with a degree from UT.  You know that piece of paper that represents the entire purpose of the University. Have a drink and chill out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 12:15 PM, Tex Long said:

Fuck it. Let's leave now and do 2 years as Independent, then see if we still want to go SEC.  We can even keep some, if not most, of our scheduled games,... just not with XII officiating,

Why do idiots always think of this stupid idea. We don't have the rights to broadcast our games, we would get no money for 2 years its never going to happen.

15 hours ago, JBJ said:

Six of them are the starters at Texas, TCU, and ISU.  Brents at KSU, Walcott at Baylor.

Jahdae had an up and down year.  He was really good at run support.  He made some big plays.  It wasn't an award-winning season though.

Not the worst starter at UT,  Not even close.

Keith and Greg calling longhorn baseball is by itself justification for LHN’s existence.  We had a good soccer team this year too that was fun to watch…on LHN.   Pretty much all the women’s sports are kick ass and would practically not be viewable without LHN.   It’s a weird world someone lives in if they don’t think all this should exist because Lowell and the football broadcasts suck and the ads are mind numbingly repetitive.  Just mute that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Why do idiots always think of this stupid idea. We don't have the rights to broadcast our games, we would get no money for 2 years its never going to happen.

So, for you, it's about the money, not about the game. Or maybe you're just quoting some other humorless chicken fucker?