Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 3

mdmost

• mdmost changed the title to Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 3

I figured this would be mostly about finding Gamorra but she’s prominent in the trailer so I guessing she didn’t get snapped with Thanos in Endgame?  Like Tony’s snap was for “Thanos and anyone loyal to him” so she was exempt. I’m sure I missed something here. 

Adam Warlock sighting as expected. 

I thought the 2nd GoG was definitely a step down from the 1st so hoping this comes back up.  Looking forward to it. 

14 hours ago, deadshank said:

Trailer reveals nothing.  Can anyone say what this is about?  They’re tired of running?  That’s it?

You can watch the Screencrush guy's breakdown on YouTube. A bit spoilery though given he's pretty knowledgeable about Marvel storylines from the comics. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, PilotsError said:

man...zero conversation about the trailer.  is everyone just over this shit?

I'd be up for a good movie, but this trailer makes me think the thrill is gone. 

The trailer for vol. 2 was awesome.  Baby Groot plugging some cable in to the bass line of Fleetwood Mac's The Chain....Or Baby Groot and Rocket and the bomb button. Two or three years later and I still remember the trailer.   Vol 3?  I've seen it twice and don't recall anything in it, or the music. 

The trailer is a dud. Maybe they drop another trailer with some good stuff, but more likely the movie is just a giant re-hash pile to trash.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Went earlier and really enjoyed it. Easily the best Marvel movie since Endgame and much better than Volume 2, which I didn’t really care for.

Thought it was really fun with several LOL moments and a good cap to this series. I got emotional a few times which is saying something about a movie with a talking raccoon, a mono sentence tree, a half robot being, a bug, a green lady, a big purple guy and a human. Also a really dope hallway scene. As always, top notch needle drops throughout. Definitely recommend. I would watch the Christmas Special before you go. Both because it’s great and because it does explain some of the set up and characters.

It’s too bad Gunn is going to DC. I guess his time was over with Guardians ending anyway, but he brought a lot of fun. It’ll be interesting if he can revive DC. There are some signals that the comic book film era is slowing down, but maybe the product has just been subpar and over extended the last few years.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Herpa Derpa said:

Good end to the saga. Who would have thought a cyborg otter, a walrus in a wheelchair, and rabbit-spider could create so much dust. Some Toy Story level feels in this one.

Jesus yeah. Between that and 

Spoiler

You were mean to be a dad 

It was like

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1