Rnk Country        Pts  GD  GF  GA
1. Portugal         6    3   5   2
2. Ghana            3    0   5   5
3. South Korea      1   -1   2   3
4. Uruguay          1   -2   0   2

Portugal is through, they might take it easy on South Korea

The rest of the group:

Ghana - advance with a win OR a draw and Korea not winning by 2 goals or more

South Korea - advance with win and Uruguay win, but Uruguay not overcoming GD OR win by 2 goals and Ghana-Uruguay ending in a draw

Uruguay - advance with a win and South Korea loss, draw or win by 2 fewer goals than Uruguay wins by

2:00 PM Eastern - Group G

Fox

image.thumb.png.bd0915cf671e6da697598f80ae904897.png          VS          image.png

Fox Sports 1

image.png          VS          image.png

Rnk Country        Pts  GD  GF  GA
1. Brazil           6    3   3   0
2. Switzerland      3    0   1   1
3. Cameroon         1   -1   3   4
4. Serbia           1   -2   3   5

This is almost identical to Group H

Brazil through

Switzerland - Win or draw and Cameroon not winning (a will and they will be level on GD)

Cameroon - a win and Switzerland not winning

Serbia - win and Cameroon not winning or win and Cameroon winning, but winning by a larger margin than Cameroon.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, A-Tex Devil said:

Long memories. Although in fairness to Suarez (first time ever said?), he wasn’t the one that missed the subsequent penalty.  

image.thumb.jpeg.9addd12ff1ed03377ff21fbfe315f2b0.jpeg

Instant Legend!

If any American player did the same to get us through to the semifinals (which provided Diego Forlán two more matches to win the Golden Boot and to create the Goal of the Tournament), then that guy could never buy a drink again anywhere in the U.S.

Smacking that ball out with his hands is probably the most selfless thing that I’ve ever seen at a World Cup. (Pulisic’s goal vs Iran does make the Top 5.)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Does anyone have a "more memorable" World Cup history than Suarez? 

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

which provided Diego Forlán two more matches to win the Golden Boot and to create the Goal of the Tournament

Forlan was a beast in the WC. And like Suarez, if it wasn't for a dude named Messi, would have had a Ballon d'Or or two.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Instant Legend!

If any American player did the same to get us through to the semifinals (which provided Diego Forlán two more matches to win the Golden Boot and to create the Goal of the Tournament), then that guy could never buy a drink again anywhere in the U.S.

Smacking that ball out with his hands is probably the most selfless thing that I’ve ever seen at a World Cup. (Pulisic’s goal vs Iran does make the Top 5.)

Yeah, I don't get the hate behind it. He did what he had to do and it miraculously worked. 

29 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Instant Legend!

This. I don't get why people (outside of Ghana) see this play as anything but one of the smartest plays in World Cup history. He "cheated" AND paid the consequences for it. It wasn't like he got away with something. He was ejected AND missed the next game. Uruguay took advantage of it.

EDIT - and you know what? Fuck Ghana!

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You’ve heard of Diego Armando Maradona, no?

Perhaps you may know him as "EL D10S", "Little Eel", or "Little Squat Man".
(I can't believe the announcer's choice of words to start the sequence.)

Also, the English still have an issue with the Hand of God.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Or maybe Zidane head butting Materazzi.

The Head Butt has its own statue and came in a final, so there is magic there. It is also the last thing that one of the greatest players to lace up boots did in his soccer career that was filled with highlights & trophies. I would put Zizou in the Top 3 (though I'm not 100 years old, so I definitely haven't seen it all).

Pelé, Maradona, & Zizou as storied winners with momentous highlights to accompany their story. Only Pele doesn't have an infamous act attached to his legendary.

But the Head Butt hasn't inspired a legendary podcast name with hundreds of episodes.

22043263_ScreenShot2022-12-02at9_01_27AM.thumb.png.698f63fd5db602c8f139f2a19dfb9ec4.png

Maybe the best podcast name ever!

Sam Kelly was a genius for thinking up that one.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We don't get FS1 at work. Of course we're getting these shit matches on FOX because Brazil and Ronaldo. 

Dude get your phone out and start the Fox Sports app or fire up FoxSports.com on your browser and watch both games 

Edited by Macklemore

Just now, WBT said:

I think that's a penalty for Ghana

Yep. Keeper got beat to the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Dude get your phone out and start the Fox Sports app or fire up FoxSports.com on your browser and watch both games 

Thanks. I know. I'd rather have it on TV lol. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

BTW - have you guys heard that FIFA is talking about doing away with same time final day play and playing the final day like other days?

I'd welcome that. It's stupid having to watch 2 games at the same time. 

1 minute ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Not everyone can kick like bale 

Or bend it like Beckham....

13 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

BTW - have you guys heard that FIFA is talking about doing away with same time final day play and playing the final day like other days?

If they go forward with the asinine 3 team groups it's a moot point.