Alabama 8th Grader QB Leads High School Team To State Title

Wally Pryor

Trent Seaborn became the first eighth-grader to ever start in the Alabama Class 7A state championship game Wednesday night, then went out and threw five touchdowns to lead Thompson (Alabaster) to its fourth straight title with a 49-24 win over Auburn.

Seaborn was 12 of 14 for 201 yards and five scores as the Warriors won their fourth postseason game in as many weeks. The young signal caller completed his first seven passes and after three possessions Thompson held a 21-0 lead.

I don’t know the rules in Alabama, but I think you can only play four years of “high school” football in Texas, so I would think if this happened here, that would mean he burned one of the four. Some 40 years ago, Brownsboro had a kid (George Cumby) mature enough to play on the varsity as an 8th grader, so he couldn’t play senior year. He transferred to Gorman in Tyler, I guess hoping no one would notice. He wrecked shop, including a big win over Waco Reicher for district. Reicher called foul, Cumby was ruled ineligible and they actually replayed the game without him: Reicher destroyed Gorman in the rematch. Cumby went on to Oklahoma and the Packers (The Fridge ran over him in a Monday night game).

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

it's weird to see a QB stepping into his deep throws instead of casually side arm flipping it the downfield. where downfield? downfield.

Here.

He throws a really nice ball, for a junior or senior in high school. Yet he's barely had his first case of acne or figured out the real importance of his right hand.

Damn impressive, no two ways about it.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Here.

He throws a really nice ball, for a junior or senior in high school. Yet he's barely had his first case of acne or figured out the real importance of his right hand.

Damn impressive, no two ways about it.  

I hear AJ Milwee has purchased an RV site on the middle school grounds. 

• Haha 2