UH, Tech seek their own PUF

Satchel

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol at some of those assumptions this money would provide. But ok.  

lol at most of that, I’m not against it but the false pretense they are selling is dumb. The PUF it’s just for UT-Austin and aggy-CS it supports multiple academic and medical campuses.

Complaining about Texas only having 2 public schools in the USNWR top 50 or AAU compare to 9 in California without discussing that those are all under the single UC system and only 2 play FBS football is misleading as hell.

If everyone was under 2 or 3 systems instead of 7 the administration overhead would decrease and cooperation would increase. Currently we have wasted time effort and energy in things like…aggy buying a failing law school and bloating their campus with liberal arts majors (and then complaining about it) or Tech fighting tooth and nail with aggy to get a much needed vet school in West Texas, and after they got it aggy announced they too would open one. Aggy opening campuses in San Antonio and Round Rock while UH throws a temper tantrum when Texas wants to start a research center in the state’s largest city. I’m I could find many additional examples but at the end of the day this idiotic system is all setup because people don’t like each other in sports.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

UH could have 10x that and would still be little dicked, petty, and generally a shit school. Tech probably has potential. 

Seriously, they both have potential. Tech is already generating more national research expenditures than a few AAU schools and the same is probably true about Houston. The UT system will more than likely produce another AAU school when Dallas gets an invite. The state still needs others.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, RMac5 said:

Is the TT vet school a large animal only program?  I thought it was put into place to help the farmers and ranchers with their livestock needs, not a dog and cat curriculum. 

That was how they sold it. Claimed it was easier for West Texas ranchers to transport horses and cattle to the vet schools at Colorado State or New Mexico State than it was for them to get them to aggy. I don’t think I’ve seen anything that restricts them from eventually adding dogs/cats but yes the initial focus was on horses, cows, and other large animals.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Uh guys, people that graduated from vet schools outside of Texas can move here and practice. If there’s so much business, they should be. 

Does Vet licensing work like other medical fields, where you have to sit/apply for a new license in a new state each time, or?  

1 hour ago, RMac5 said:

Is the TT vet school a large animal only program?  I thought it was put into place to help the farmers and ranchers with their livestock needs, not a dog and cat curriculum. 

As I understand it, it’s primary focus is large animals, but it also trains on cats and dogs as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Who are the other two?

If the second largest city in the country can be home to two AAU schools, there’s no reason the fourth largest city can’t do likewise. One of the reasons the Dallas business community put its political and financial support behind UTD was to address the absence of and create a nationally ranked research school in North Texas. To remain competitive, Texas simply has to do better

• Hook 'Em 2