World Cup Quarterfinals - Dec 3 & 4

Captain Ron

I'm not creating daily QF threads, I will do one for the half of the games played on the weekend and one for the half of the games played Monday and Tuesday. Plus the US game will get it's own thread

Saturday Dec 3

10:00 AM Eastern - FOX - USA vs Netherlands

2:00 PM Eastern - FOX - Argentina vs Australia

image.png      VS     image.png

Saturday Dec 3

10:00 AM Eastern - Fox Sports 1 - France vs. Poland

2:00 PM Eastern - Fox Sports 1 - England vs. Senegal

I read an article last night about how this guy tracked Messi’s movement without the ball and his numbers were this incredible outlier because he rarely runs, if he does it’s supposedly aimlessly but he can turn it on like none other. Was pretty funny watching some videos. But after watching he beginning of this game, he rarely tracks back and unless he can shoot he can’t even trot.  (If this is some big known thing-obviously not a gigantic soccer fan) I’m not saying he’s not an amazing player, the article didn’t either, just have to wonder how much it’s saving, how about disinterest. I found it interesting  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I read an article last night about how this guy tracked Messi’s movement without the ball and his numbers were this incredible outlier because he rarely runs, if he does it’s supposedly aimlessly but he can turn it on like none other. Was pretty funny watching some videos. But after watching he beginning of this game, he rarely tracks back and unless he can shoot he can’t even trot.  (If this is some big known thing-obviously not a gigantic soccer fan) I’m not saying he’s not an amazing player, the article didn’t either, just have to wonder how much it’s saving, how about disinterest. I found it interesting  

Messi is the greatest player to ever touch a football pitch and for anyone with a brain it's inarguable.  

What you're seeing is him being past his athletic prime. He chooses his spots.

That said - that's a great question and I repped you for it. 

Edited by ztejas

14 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

France's kit is clean. Polish hotties in the stands. Nice way to start a Sunday. 

I hate how so many teams have shied away from the three color uniforms by fucking around with the short/sock color.  France should be blue/white/red.  Brazil should be yellow/blue/white.  Mexico should be green/white/red.

Poland with a present on this free kick and Tchouameni with an unlucky card.

Wow.  Much better from Poland.  No idea how two of those stayed out.

Edited by Kringelbert Fishtybuns