In the "This timeline/simulation is fucked up" vein...

jw4381

So. I've got a fucked up one, y'all.

Wednesday, 11/20, noonish.

We left at 11:57 to travel to Albuquerque for a Doctor's appointment.

At 12:02 (according to the police report) this happened:

A small SUV was traveling north on Ledoux St; the driver punched the gas pedal thinking it was the brake, and panicked. The speed limit on Ledoux is 15 mph. She accelerated to a speed of 75 mph, launched through Ranchitos Road, and impacted our courtyard wall (consisting of 8x8" beams underneath stucco). The vehicle went through the wall, went airborne into an elm tree (which saved our house) and cleared (sort of) our western courtyard wall, landing in our driveway, where we always pause to back out of our driveway as it is blind to the right. Minutes later and we could have been squished.

We did not know about any the above at all while in Albuquerque.

We got back to our driveway about 5:40, after dark. Saw the damage, and really kind of freaked out. I called central dispatch pd, and they couldn't give me any info other than there was a 911 response, and the responding officer would call me in the morning.

Insurance bs pending. Driver had current insurance, so that's good. We'll get a new reworked front side of the property, so that's good.

But yeah, fuck this timeline.

• Hook 'Em 4

The glitch must have affected more than just you. Came home tonight to a 2 car wreck literally 1 house away from me. Sirens cops fire dept everywhere. We live in a quiet flower mound neighborhood.  1 car totaled. One car upside down.  7pm. Still trying to figure out the physics on how that could have happened. Not even on a corner. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean if you want to put it in perspective, a little girl went missing Wednesday and they found her body about 4 miles from my front gate last night. And then this morning one of my coworkers informed us he won’t be at work on Monday because his 33 year old wife was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer on Thursday and they have an oncologist appointment.

• Rage+1 5

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I mean if you want to put it in perspective, a little girl went missing Wednesday and they found her body about 4 miles from my front gate last night. And then this morning one of my coworkers informed us he won’t be at work on Monday because his 33 year old wife was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer on Thursday and they have an oncologist appointment.

Gotdamn 

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I don’t see how you get up to 75 in a residential neighborhood by “mixing up the gas and brake” unless you’re seriously impaired. 

I don’t see how either. 

You guys think you have it so bad. Some dude I know forgot to lock the door and some fuckstick stole his bag of whataburger food out of his truck today while he was inside a store for about 5 minutes. Sad times we are living in. People are desperate 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Bevo said:

You guys think you have it so bad. Some dude I know forgot to lock the door and some fuckstick stole his bag of whataburger food out of his truck today while he was inside a store for about 5 minutes. Sad times we are living in. People are desperate 

Poor sap bought Whataburger before going to the Dollar Gentral.   He got what he deserved 

On 12/3/2022 at 2:35 AM, RPM said:

It's easy to get gas and brakes mixed up. One is skinny and vertical, the other is fat and horizontal. Practically identical.

My grandma did that twice… first time she drove her Model T Ford through the back of their garage - second time backed her 1958 Oldsmobile into a Kansas City taxicab.