USMNT 2023

ztejas

31 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Yes.

I would rather wait until the summer and ask Zidane again. After that, I would be interested in Jogi Loew (Löw). 

The hope for the 2026 World Cup is to promote the game to the non-fans.

The problem with Jose is that he can make the most talented teams in the world virtually unwatchable. I don’t think that he can get the team further than Zidane or Löw or a few other foreign managers, but he can turn people off of the game of soccer. He is adept at that.

His best attributes are:

1) Resume, 2) ability to speak English, 3) ability to create headlines

You're out of you're fucking mind. If Mou wants the job you sign him yesterday. 

Seriously... take some time off if you're actually second guessing something like this. The USMNT has never had anyone in Mou's stratosphere at the helm. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're out of you're fucking mind. If Mou wants the job you sign him yesterday. 

Seriously... take some time off if you're actually second guessing something like this. The USMNT has never had anyone in Mou's stratosphere at the helm. 

I would rather have Ancelotti*, Löw, Zidane.
*currently employed.

Didn’t want Roberto Martinez. (Fortunately Portugal save us from ourselves.)

Wouldn’t want Luis Enrique.

Antonio Conte could be available soon. 

US Soccer would have to pay $8M to get a top manager or allow the manager to work part-time for the next year or two. 

Mourinho’s resume is almost unbeatable, but I haven’t been a fan for about a decade and he peaked in 2010. Unfortunately the tournament is in 2026, not 2010.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

*currently employed.

US Soccer would have to pay $8M to get a top manager or allow the manager to work part-time for the next year or two. 

Mourinho’s resume is almost unbeatable, but I haven’t been a fan for about a decade and he peaked in 2010. Unfortunately the tournament is in 2026, not 2010.

You're acting like every manager in the world wants to come take the US job. If Mou is a yes then you sign him and the rest is history. I don't give a fuck whether you like him or not he's in my mind the greatest manager of the century so far and he has a storied track record of elevating teams beyond the sum of their parts. 

He'd probably be a disaster past one cycle but who gives a shit - you see what he could do. 

I mean - Zidane over Mou? Why? Because he babysat an insane RM lineup for a few seasons? Joachim Low's washed up ass?

Give me a break. Sure, hire Ancelotti over him. Is Ancelotti even interested in the job?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Napoleon said:

*currently employed.

07c1b194-1238-43b1-9cf0-05f42372a5bf_tex

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Ten Hag was always who I wanted. But yeah we can wait till the summer and who shakes out. Maybe we will get lucky and Klopp will come available this summer. Not holding my breath either for that to happen.

Why in the hell would Klopp ever consider USMNT? Seriously.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

07c1b194-1238-43b1-9cf0-05f42372a5bf_tex

That was a great scene from one of the greatest comedy movies ever, but the USMNT is currently doing its best to vie for greatest comedy ever.

I wouldn't wait around if Mourinho wants to take the job. Get him in ASAP and let him start working his system. However, any permanent coaching hire is unlikely if Brian McBride's successor has not been chosen.

The argument that the game needs to be marketed further in the US (for 2026?) seems rather disingenuous. The game will market itself if the USMNT can make a deep run into the World Cup. At some point, a deep run does not simply mean qualifying for the knockout arounds. That's the mediocre shit that MLS fuckbois and other ignorants who said Berhalter did a great job are on. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

That was a great scene from one of the greatest comedy movies ever, but the USMNT is currently doing its best to vie for greatest comedy ever.

I wouldn't wait around if Mourinho wants to take the job. Get him in ASAP and let him start working his system. However, any permanent coaching hire is unlikely if Brian McBride's successor has not been chosen.

The argument that the game needs to be marketed further in the US (for 2026?) seems rather disingenuous. The game will market itself if the USMNT can make a deep run into the World Cup. At some point, a deep run does not simply mean qualifying for the knockout arounds. That's the mediocre shit that MLS fuckbois and other ignorants who said Berhalter did a great job are on. 

I would imagine Mourinho would want to finish put the season with Roma. 

Why in the hell would Klopp ever consider USMNT? Seriously.

Why would Zidane? Still you shoot your shot and like I said I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Again a massive if, but if things with Liverpool don’t workout come the end of the season I could see him wanting to take a lighter load as a National Team coach for a couple of years. He’s mentioned coaching Germany at some point if timing works out, but again it’s a timing issues. Just ask Zidane.

Coaching and building a young squad is still I believe his biggest strength, but again timing is everything.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Fuck Claudio Reyna for not securing a permanent transfer for Sebastian Berhalter to Austin FC!

Fuck Gio Reyna's for not being healthy for the most part of a year and allowing Tim Weah and Brenden Aaronson to establish themselves as Must Play cogs in the "G3 Macheen"!

Fuck Danielle Reyna for being an insufferable cunt who doesn't know how to raise a child!

Fuck the Bundles pigs for taking down that clip before I could see it!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

Musah.  But I think Arteta would be great for McKennie's development -- especially fixing the defensive lapses we see from Wes.  

Same. I think that Musah has such a high ceiling as an 8 that is levels above Weston’s 8 wanting to be a 10.

Weston needs to be in the Premier League fighting for minutes, playing defense, and playing at a high speed. That lolly gagging while watching your man scissor kick a cross that leads to a goal won’t fly in the EPL.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

This would be massive. 

Would it send Brenden to the bench?

Or would he replace MLS grad Jack Harrison after he moves to Leicester?

Weston will have to try a little harder on defense than he did in that most recent 5-1 drubbing that Juventus endured when Weston just watched his leap for a scissor kick shot on goal from a cross that the keeper saved, before the rebound was headed into goal.

That effort screamed “I don’t really care at this point.”, but he wasn’t subbed out, so apathy may be running rampant in Turin. 

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Would it send Brenden to the bench?

Or would he replace MLS grad Jack Harrison after he moves to Leicester?

Weston will have to try a little harder on defense than he did in that most recent 5-1 drubbing that Juventus endured when Weston just watched his leap for a scissor kick shot on goal from a cross that the keeper saved, before the rebound was headed into goal.

That effort screamed “I don’t really care at this point.”, but he wasn’t subbed out, so apathy may be running rampant in Turin. 

BA rarely - if ever - plays CM and plays forward as much as he does as a true mid. 

Not sure what their plan would be but there's no reason Weston and BA couldn't be on the pitch together. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/21/2023 at 12:34 AM, Napoleon said:

Yes.

I would rather wait until the summer and ask Zidane again. After that, I would be interested in Jogi Loew (Löw). 

The hope for the 2026 World Cup is to promote the game to the non-fans.

The problem with Jose is that he can make the most talented teams in the world virtually unwatchable. I don’t think that he can get the team further than Zidane or Löw or a few other foreign managers, but he can turn people off of the game of soccer. He is adept at that.

His best attributes are:

1) Resume, 2) ability to speak English, 3) ability to create headlines

Going to enjoy revisiting these fever dreams when we hire Tab Ramos.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

16 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Looks like the tweet was deleted. If Arsenal, United, and Tottenham are circling signing with Leeds would be disappointment. If Leeds gets relegated with three of our stars and manager it would be really shitty.

It was and an updated one was posted by Romano:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1