USMNT 2023

ztejas

24 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Count me as one who would be very disappointed in a Leeds move for WM. If Juventus weren't in the toilet and this was going down, I think we'd all be pretty perplexed he was going to a relegation candidate. I'd much rather him go to Tottenham or Arsenal if those rumors are true.  

Yes - they could get relegated. I don't think they're going to. 

Having our starting 6 and starting 8/10 play together on the same club team is absolutely invaluable. 

However - I'm not sure Leeds has the wherewithal to beat off the TA suitors - but even if he and McKennie could play together for a window or two it could be huge for the NT. 

Add BA for another layer of chemistry and it could potentially be the best thing to happen for us between now and 2026.

But, that's assuming they don't get relegated and TA sticks around. Neither of those are guarantees. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, NoName said:

yeah, good thing he only got 53 min of play time at the World Cup. great use of a player off your bench Gerg.

image.png.78f1ce72f08c8cc96e740930804dae2b.png

I’m not sure if you watched our set pieces during the World Cup, but Gio could have played every minute of every game and he still wouldn’t have had an opportunity to score like today’s goal.

Our set pieces were atrocious!

PS- It’s two months after the World Cup, Gio hasn’t gotten injured again, and yet he still isn’t starting at Dortmund. Why is that?

20 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I’m not sure if you watched our set pieces during the World Cup, but Gio could have played every minute of every game and he still wouldn’t have had an opportunity to score like today’s goal.

Well optimally he would be the one taking the set pieces. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

apart from Zimm ... Gomez, Cowell, Zendejas, Vazquez, Gaga, Pomykal all have potential to be first team guys. This is a pretty good lineup of the next up squad. B- team if you will.

Agree save Pomykal. I doubt there will ever not be someone younger and better than him.

Not sure about Gomez - he needs to get out of that dogshit league he's in. 

1 minute ago, Bottlecap said:

fuckin zimmerman

Zimmerman has been kept in the squad to jump out of the way on free kicks. 🤬

Gaga looks younger than his age. 

How was kicking JoGo after he laid the ball off not a foul.

5 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Looked like it was the other way around. He was there clean up the rebound, but Vazquez didn't know he was there and went for it.

It was NOT the other way around.