USMNT 2023

ztejas

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

It would be regarded for us to name a manager before the summer. You want to try to get a good coach, not just someone who is currently unemployed.

If we were to panic and hire Jesse Marsch before even hiring a sporting director, I would be livid. 

I don’t give a shit about the Gold Cup, so I couldn’t care less if we send the current assistant as a head coach or our U-20 coach or what. 

Just get someone by late July and I’ll be fine. 

I’m ok with that as well, but I’m talking in general.  We got stuck with tofu-cheeseburger looking nepotism simp this past go-round.    To say I’m not expecting much would be generous.  

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

It would be regarded for us to name a manager before the summer. You want to try to get a good coach, not just someone who is currently unemployed.

If we were to panic and hire Jesse Marsch before even hiring a sporting director, I would be livid. 

I don’t give a shit about the Gold Cup, so I couldn’t care less if we send the current assistant as a head coach or our U-20 coach or what. 

I'm still calling Zidane every single day till then and offering him 1st dibs in the next MLS expansion. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Yeah, Bamford is horrible 

Leeds fans (who have been around since before 2012) seem to love him. 

He either had a great season or two in the Championship or under Bielsa. Whatever it is, they seem to think that he “just needs to get fit again”, or “needs a little time to get his timing back”.

I have gone from thinking that Bamford is complete shit to thinking that:

“Bamford is a slow man’s Harry Kane.”

I feel like Bamford has good ideas and pretty goo ability, but the EPL moves too fast for him. 

He crushes it against lower level opponents in the Cup matches, but he sucks in league play. 

And that’s their unquestioned #9… while Rodrigo is out injured. And that is their problem. The defense has actually picked up a bit, but they need luck to score.

I actually think that the Everton was shooting yesterday and not crossing. The keeper needed to see that there wasn’t anyone to pass to and then guard the post. It was a difficult shot, but it was the only option that was even possible.

I am glad that I am not a lifelong Leeds fan. That would be like being a Texas Rangers fan if the MLB had Pro/Rel. (or a Houston Texans fan…. period.)

Edited by Napoleon

On 2/17/2023 at 9:43 PM, Napoleon said:

this is a situation where they ABSOLUTELY need to do a true full search and not just stick to the same old names or panic hire. 

easily the most important hire in USSF history at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Ernie Stuart did an interview with SI (no link to them - fuck those guys), no one has been approached for the USNT job.

Some US Soccer executives or even members of the U.S. Soccer world… reporters, agents, former MLS international players, retired dual nationals, any representatives talking to Zidane’s agent does not mean “US Soccer has talked with Zizu.”

…but it does mean that US Soccer has reached out to gauge interest.

Ernie could be telling the truth while at the same US Soccer has gotten feedback on Pep, Zizu and more. 

🤷‍♂️

There is nothing to see here until there is something to see here.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/21/2023 at 9:16 PM, Napoleon said:

We gave up 3 goals to fucking Guatemala?

Holy shit! That is awful.

Vamos Yanquis!

I've watched all the US games in this tourney.  They are pretty good; however, as U-17 players can go, they tend to make silly mistakes.

The first goal was actually a complete b.s. PK called by the ref (w/ no VAR).  A shot hit the US defender square in the chest, but was called hands.  One of the other two goals was a complete fluke; however, I was drinking a bit and can't recall the circumstance.

The US does have Minor Figueroa's son at forward and this guy can play.  Unfortunately, he went off injured late in the game so he may not play tomorrow against Canada.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, shnsajax said:

He’s been getting more publicity in England to with leading the tournament in goals.

I thought that he said that he basically grew up in England, but was born in Honduras. Well, he sure doesn’t speak English like a limey bastard and I wondered where he got that American English accent…

At the best academy in the USA, that’s where.

FD389864-7FC6-4005-B350-D7D714BD4630.thumb.jpeg.9f5472747bd63be4483cd16e15e6842c.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I thought that he said that he basically grew up in England, but was born in Honduras. Well, he sure doesn’t speak English like a limey bastard and I wondered where he got that American English accent…

At the best academy in the USA, that’s where.

FD389864-7FC6-4005-B350-D7D714BD4630.thumb.jpeg.9f5472747bd63be4483cd16e15e6842c.jpeg

His dad played in England until Keyrol was 8 then moved to MLS. Guessing that's how he got into the Dallas academy. But he was at Liverpool as a U14.

So he's about 50/50 UK/US upbringing

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Hopefully some of these U-17 kids grow up to at least 5'6".

They have talent, but I'm not sure how many 5'3" to 5'5" guys our coaches will play at the same time on the USMNT level.

🙏

Seems like you have complex about height, think there is a term for that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4