USMNT 2023

ztejas

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This needs to be Paul's last callup. 

8 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

i CANNOT fucking wait to get a real coach who will never let me see paul muthafuckin arreaola again

H8rz gonna H8 on the author of the back heel for Paxten’s second shot.

Pure filth and guile on that potential assist  

Plus, Pablo is a Latino from SoCal he deserves one last start.

3 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

we look so much better in a 442. i don't even know why we play with a 9 who never ever gets service

Pep, Barcelona, and the Dutch play with a 4-3-3, that’s why we play with that formation.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This Tolkin kid is completely out of his depth. 

I'll be patient though - could be some nerves in his first cap. 

I did like Tolkin tapping the ball further away than where the Colombians were going to take their free kick at about the 17 minute mark. 

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I did like Tolkin tapping the ball further away than where the Colombians were going to take their free kick at about the 17 minute mark. 

Some of his misgivings thus far could be this dumbass coaching staff. They're playing him way too high up the pitch like he's prime Marcelo or some shit. 

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

H8rz gonna H8 on the author of the back heel for Paxten’s second shot.

Pure filth and guile on that potential assist  

Yeah that was nice I just don't see the point of playing him anymore. He'll be aged out by 2026 and isn't good enough to justify not giving some younger guys a shot. 

36 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This needs to be Paul's last callup. 

35 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

i CANNOT fucking wait to get a real coach who will never let me see paul muthafuckin arreaola again

Nipple should have had his call up rescinded when he acted like he was doing the US a favor for showing up after getting a World Cup snub. 

Lil'Aaronson is leaving a bit to be desired.

Hoppe's technical ability on top of the ball is non existent. 

We might have something with this Jones kid. 

Sean John* was fine. 

I never want to see J.R.R. play defense for us in a competitive match. 

Oh and Ferreira. I mean, just... I don't know. I'm dead inside when it comes to our striker pool. He's making Haji Wright look like a superstar. 

Bonus: Peacock halftime show.

20230128_193232.thumb.jpg.99ce6d7687ff7545b52f985e7672f4fe.jpg

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Did Jesus just head that ball in the box AWAY from the target?

Perhaps you missed the second half of the USMNT vs The Netherlands when Ferreira “settled” a high ball in the Dutch box by knocking it toward the middle of the field about 20 yards away from anything dangerous. 

Following the Argentine team since about 2007, I have seen them make 6 tournament finals (+ the Finalissima), but I have never seen them employ that strategy. 

Jesús is just ahead of his time.

Paxten Aaronson doesn’t have man strength (yet?). He understands the game and can get in position to protect the ball, but he is a boy playing with men.

Arriola & Ferreira have a really good understanding understanding of what the other one is doing. 

Ferreira is with a winger or an attacking midfielder. He is not, and never will be, a #9.

Sean Johnson instills zero confidence from his play.

Tolkin seems fine. I think that he and Aaronson have the same taste in music, style, and late ‘70s Camaros. 

Eryk Williamson needs to be on the ball more. 

Hoppe has pleased and disappointed. I’m sure that his club teams know exactly what I’m talking about. 

Acosta’s set pieces have no been bad, but they have not been good. I would have liked to have seen Paxten take them. Now I’m the second half, I would like to see Soñora take the set pieces.

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Jones is a mixed bag but I want to see him at another camp. When he flashes he really flashes. 

Fantastic clearance there. Has he just now put it together or have we been missing the boat on this dude? 

(why am I even asking that question)

Edited by ztejas

He would need to be required to hire a Defensive Coordinator.

Also, he doesn’t win things, but the teams tend to perform pretty well soon after he leaves, especially the national teams. 

Maybe we can hire him and then fire him after the 3024 Copa America.

🙏

Edited by Napoleon