USMNT 2023

ztejas

12 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I only caught the final 10 minutes. The match referee merely finish poorly or did he suck all night?

Thought he missed a penalty, missed a clear yellow early on a foul Musah drew, and called a phantom handball on Dike who had half a defender between him and the goalie. 

Outside of that I guess he was alright. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Thought he missed a penalty, missed a clear yellow early on a foul Musah drew, and called a phantom handball on Dike who had half a defender between him and the goalie. 

Outside of that I guess he was alright. 

I am not surprised given that, in the brief time I saw him, he missed two obvious fouls on USMNT attackers, and somehow added a minute of stoppage time to the already 4 minutes of added time despite there being no additional stoppage during those 4 minutes .....

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I am not surprised given that, in the brief time I saw him, he missed two obvious fouls on USMNT attackers, and somehow added a minute of stoppage time to the already 4 minutes of added time despite there being no additional stoppage during those 4 minutes .....

I mean it didn't really affect the game. We should have put 2 or 3 in the back. Just a little too sloppy and couldn't get chances on target. 

I thought El Salvador played great D - especially right in front of the net. 

Needed a draw, got a win, got to see some new guys play and no one got injured. I'll take it. 

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean it didn't really affect the game. We should have put 2 or 3 in the back. Just a little too sloppy and couldn't get chances on target. 

I thought El Salvador played great D - especially right in front of the net. 

Needed a draw, got a win, got to see some new guys play and no one got injured. I'll take it. 

Wasn't the point of my comments, Z.

4 hours ago, Scary Stranger said:

So, is that guy gonna pick the USA or nah?

it's looking better than ever, but that doesn't mean he will actually go through with it. he clearly wants to play for england, but so far they don't want him. fes been publicly flirting with the US hardcore lately, probably in an attempt to get england to pay more attention to him. if i had to guess? i say he ends up playing us. i don't think he can get good enough fast enough to break into the england side, and assuming that we're giving him full court press, the idea of him starting at the next three world cups has got to sound pretty nice.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

it's looking better than ever, but that doesn't mean he will actually go through with it. he clearly wants to play for england, but so far they don't want him. fes been publicly flirting with the US hardcore lately, probably in an attempt to get england to pay more attention to him. if i had to guess? i say he ends up playing us. i don't think he can get good enough fast enough to break into the england side, and assuming that we're giving him full court press, the idea of him starting at the next three world cups has got to sound pretty nice.

If he is the slightest bit mature, he won’t pick a team this year. 

He should seek out a transfer from Arsenal to another EPL club and play a year in England. If he is good enough, England will call him in. If he is not, the USMNT will gladly take him.

Absolutely zero reason to make a decision this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

so it's time to start following auston trusty, purchased by arsenal, left at colorado to finsh an mls season then loaned to birmingham, now with 37 appearances and 4 goals in the colaship, at 6'3" he is a candidate for our greatest deficit in qatar, Full International Tree....  his transfermarkt has shot up from €3m to €9m in the last 5 months

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

so it's time to start following auston trusty, purchased by arsenal, left at colorado to finsh an mls season then loaned to birmingham, now with 37 appearances and 4 goals in the colaship, at 6'3" he is a candidate for our greatest deficit in qatar, Full International Tree....  his transfermarkt has shot up from €3m to €9m in the last 5 months

Greatest deficit? Coach?

8 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I’ve heard about him a lot on podcasts, so I’ve never seen his name written. And I have never met an “Austin” who wasn’t white, so I never considered Trusty to be anything, but a suburban white kid.

Especially coming from Colorado!

Even the first clip had me watching the wrong guy. 

IMG_0135.png

• Haha 1

moar trusty - from his wiki

philly roots

born Media, Penn. 980812 age 24

youth club: Nether United

Penncrest High

Union (MLS) SockerClub

Bethlehem Steel (Union USL) 44 appearances, 0 goals

Union 56/2

Rapids 57/1 - signed by Arsenal after his 41st Colorado appearance

Birmingham on loan (this season) 37/4

Birmingham are in 17th this morning, 10 teams and 15 points away from the playoffs, 9 points and 4 teams from danger

trusty report

friday, 1-1 @ reading; played 90, again wide left; birmingham mail rating: 6.5

bham on 49 in 16th, played 40 with 6 remaining

reading on 41 in 22nd (relegation) played 40 with 6 remaining can win 6 and finish on 59

therefore bham's safety number is 60 points, reachable no earlier than 22 april with 4 wins trotting

so any hope of getting him over here for the tri on the 19th is out of the question

USMNT vs Mexicans in April

GOALKEEPERS (3): Drake Callender (Inter Miami; 0/0), Roman Celentano (FC Cincinnati; 0/0), Sean Johnson (Toronto FC/CAN; 11/0)

DEFENDERS (9): Sergino Dest (AC Milan/ITA; 24/2), Aaron Long (LAFC; 31/3), Julian Gressel(Vancouver Whitecaps/CAN; 2/0), Matt Miazga (FC Cincinnati; 22/1), Shaq Moore (Nashville SC; 17/1), Caleb Wiley (Atlanta United; 0/0), Joshua Wynder (Louisville City; 0/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami; 77/0), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 39/3)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Kellyn Acosta (LAFC; 57/2), Aidan Morris (Columbus Crew; 2/0), Cristian Roldan(Seattle Sounders; 32/0), James Sands (New York City FC; 7/0), Alan Soñora (FC Juárez/MEX; 2/0), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes; 16/0)

FORWARDS (5): Paul Arriola (FC Dallas; 50/10), Cade Cowell (San Jose Earthquakes; 2/0), Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas; 17/7), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders; 51/11), Brandon Vazquez (FC Cincinnati; 2/1)

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-usa/story/4922455/destzimmerman-headline-usmnt-roster-vs-mexico-on-april-19

5 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

And they still couldn’t hold off a 10-man Stuttgart club. 

Final: 3-3

4 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Dike carted off from West Brom's game with a suspected achilles injury.

That sucks!

Not even playing on turf. 

Sucks for Dike, but he has shown that he doesn’t quite fit with the team. Pepi seemed to do much more with less time. 

Again, I’m bummed for the guy, because he seems like such a great dude, but don’t feel that it will affect the USMNT at all. 

he payed 90' wide left in a 2-1 loss away to sunderland

"Trusty will, at least initially, return to parent club Arsenal after a very fruitful campaign at St Andrew's."

"Auston Trusty - who bravely took a free kick in the face at one point - stuck at his task admirably"

"Sunderland did nudge themselves in front, though, 15 minutes from time when the impressive Diallo collected a raking ball from the left and held off both Auston Trusty and Manchester United teammate Hannibal before firing into the far corner"

+++

"Trusty 6

Unenviable task of keeping more than one eye on the tricky Amad, but he stuck to the challenge and remained alert throughout. Quick cross-field ball to Diallo for the second goal just caught Blues' back-line out."

• Hook 'Em 1