TCU vs Kansas State - Big 12 Championship Game Thread

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, mdleast said:

I would love it if TCU lost today and got knocked out of the playoffs.  On the other hand, it doesn't seem to make sense to me to let teams who didn't make their CCG and play another game get to leapfrog a team that did and lost.  Case in point - Ohio State is gonna leapfrog USC even though, the last time we saw Ohio State play, they lost by almost exactly the same amount that USC lost last night.  How does that make sense?

In the case of USC v. Ohio State, USC has two losses.

In the potential case of TCU v. Alabama for the final spot, TCU will have the most recent loss and they aren't Alabama. 

Just now, SuckitKevin said:

I’m ok with the call but I’m still in disbelief about the Overshown one early in the season. It’s so inconsistent it drives me crazy!

The big xii is tough to watch because we know how that would have been called , especially this crew. 

• Like 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

In the potential case of TCU v. Alabama for the final spot, TCU will have the most recent loss and they aren't Alabama. 

TCU also has a lot of not-so-great wins.

When you're coming from behind to win almost every weekend, that shows you're tough, but it also shows you aren't one of the four best teams in the country.  They aren't in trouble in more than half their games.

I think TCU loses to Ohio State, Bama, USC, and a couple of others.  They're a borderline top 10 team, not a top 4 team.

Right but USC only has a second due to playing in the CCG. Ohio State could’ve had the same thing given how bad they already got beat by Michigan. So…how does that make them more qualified to go to the playoffs?

7 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

I’m ok with the call but I’m still in disbelief about the Overshown one early in the season. It’s so inconsistent it drives me crazy!

No inconsistency. They consistently call it one way for Texas (more tough on our hitters and more tolerant when we’re hit) and another for everyone else. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

TCU also has a lot of not-so-great wins.

When you're coming from behind to win almost every weekend, that shows you're tough, but it also shows you aren't one of the four best teams in the country.  They aren't in trouble in more than half their games.

I think TCU loses to Ohio State, Bama, USC, and a couple of others.  They're a borderline top 10 team, not a top 4 team.

Wins and losses have to count for something. You can’t say, “I don’t care if Alabama has 2 losses, I think they’re a good team and should be in over a team with a better record.”

I say TCU is in, win or lose. If the Big 12 hadn’t added a CCG just for the extra data point, TCU would already be in as an undefeated conference champ. Otoh, if they had 1 loss then the CCG would just give them a chance to lose both a conference championship and a playoff berth which they’d already earned during the regular season. That would be comical.