TCU vs Kansas State - Big 12 Championship Game Thread

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, NashLonghorn said:

That makes no sense.  If TCU gets a NY6 bid then KSU goes to the Alamo bowl. Now they could still go the CFP but I would doubt it.  

No, KSU wins this, they automatically go to the Sugar. TCU then dukes it out with USC for the Cotton Bowl at large berth to play the UCF/Tulane winner. The Orange takes an SEC team to play Clemson/UNC. 

3 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

TCU has like 50,000 avid fans max and probably no more than 150,000 casual fans.  The networks HATE the fact that they might be in the CFP it's just the fuckin truth.  Ignore it if you want but it's not paranoia.

The networks aren’t making the picks. Or rather, ESPN isn’t making the picks. The selection committee isn’t getting paid. They have no personal, vested interest in tv ratings. If they did then explain why they put Cincinnati in last year? And how it would be more advantageous to them to depart from long precedent and put in 2-loss Bama over 1-loss TCU.

And if you think they’re more motivated by tv ratings and putting on a show than fairness and the integrity of the sport then the whole thing is a sham and not only should the playoff field not be expanded, the whole enterprise should be thrown in the dumpster. Go back to the BCS. And frankly, if TCU loses today and we’re left with just two undefeated teams then that’s another argument for why the BCS was just fine.

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The networks aren’t making the picks. Or rather, ESPN isn’t making the picks. The selection committee isn’t getting paid. They have no personal, vested interest in tv ratings. If they did then explain why they put Cincinnati in last year? And how it would be more advantageous to them to depart from long precedent and put in 2-loss Bama over 1-loss TCU.

And if you think they’re more motivated by tv ratings and putting on a show than fairness and the integrity of the sport then the whole thing is a sham and not only should the playoff field not be expanded, the whole enterprise should be thrown in the dumpster. Go back to the BCS. And frankly, if TCU loses today and we’re left with just two undefeated teams then that’s another argument for why the BCS was just fine.

Bless your heart.

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Uh, no.  They’re a good team.  But not a playoff caliber team, even if they make it.

There are rarely four championship caliber teams at the end of the season. And soon they’re going to add 8 more teams to the field who have no business competing for the title. And then after a few years they’ll add more. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

There are rarely four championship caliber teams at the end of the season. And soon they’re going to add 8 more teams to the field who have no business competing for the title. And then after a few years they’ll add more. 

I love seeing #14 knock off #3s and #15 knock off #2 in the NCAA tourney and it is going to be even more glorious in CFB.

Once the playoffs expand to 12, we are regularly going to see teams that have no business being there winning championships.

• Hook 'Em 1

March Madness has 68, NBA has 16, MLB/NFL have 12.  FBS CFB was way behind. I'm for 8 only. 

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Put it right in to my veins. 

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Oh yeah, sure, upsets never happen in college football. What the fuck are you smoking?

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Name the last time a 2-loss team made it into the CFP or the BCS over a 1-loss team from a major conference.

Go ahead. Look it up. I’ll wait. 

This should be the first. If TCU loses, they should be out. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by David Dennison

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I love seeing #14 knock off #3s and #15 knock off #2 in the NCAA tourney and it is going to be even more glorious in CFB.

Two different sports. Did you enjoy seeing #1 blow out #4 and #2 blow out #3 in the CFP last year? Football teams can’t get hot from behind the 3 point line to come up with an upset like in basketball. 

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Just looked that up -- in the final BCS poll, 11-1 Kansas finished 8th.  There were SIX 2-loss teams ranked ahead of them.

I’m surprised he didn’t have that in his notes. 

Edited by deadshank
Or journal or spreadsheet. Whatever he keeps.

18 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I really don't know which of these purple poopyheads I want to root against more. Do we get some benefit if one of these teams fucks it up?

Off the top of my head:

1. TCU fans (aka cockroaches) throw horns down while playing teams not named Texas.
  2. Their bitch-ass coach is a baby face with moobs who whines and throws tantrums every call that goes against him.
  3. Bad as Ewers played, Texas absolutely beats TCU if blatant holds are called on just the key plays made, much less others.
  4. Losing this game possibely denies them a trip to the CFP. Fuck them and the Rig12.
  5. They are the more significant recruiting competition, and it's not close.
  6. By edict of Darrell K. Royal, the Greatest HC in Texas football history, they are cockroaches.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Two different sports. Did you enjoy seeing #1 blow out #4 and #2 blow out #3 in the CFP last year? Football teams can’t get hot from behind the 3 point line to come up with an upset like in basketball. 

Did you enjoy seeing the Bengals in the super bowl last year? Or did you whine because they beat some teams that we all thought were better than they were?

2 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Off the top of my head:

1. TCU fans (aka cockroaches) throw horns down while playing teams not named Texas.
  2. Their bitch-ass coach is a baby face with moobs who whines and throws tantrums every call that goes against him.
  3. Bad as Ewers played, Texas absolutely beats TCU if blatant holds are called on just the key plays made, much less others.
  4. Losing this game possibely denies them a trip to the CFP. Fuck them and the Rig12.
  5. They are the more significant recruiting competition, and it's not close.
  6. By edict of Darrell K. Royal, the Greatest HC in Texas football history, they are cockroaches.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.