TCU vs Kansas State - Big 12 Championship Game Thread

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

yet Texas beat them in KSU.  Weird eh? How did they lose 3 games?  KSU guys physically are well proportioned for their DBs, TEs and WRs.  They may not have straight line speed but have good hands, run great routes and have quick reflexes. 

Kleinman is 0-4 against Texas.

Just now, TexArcher said:

God, you're a fucking beating. 

His arm stopped moving forward BECAUSE THE BALL RAN INTO A DEFENDER'S HAND WHICH KNOCKED IT LOOSE AND BACKWARD -- THAT'S A FUMBLE AND YOU KNOW IT.

I disagree.  He stopped moving his arm forward of his own accord.  He aborted his passing motion.  After he'd stopped his arm's forward motion, the ball got knocked out of his hand.

Just now, Augustus said:

I disagree.  He stopped moving his arm forward of his own accord.  He aborted his passing motion.  After he'd stopped his arm's forward motion, the ball got knocked out of his hand.

Then that's a fumble, too.

There's no way to look at that and call it an incomplete pass unless you really want to.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

His arm stopped moving forward BECAUSE THE BALL RAN INTO A DEFENDER'S HAND WHICH KNOCKED IT LOOSE AND BACKWARD -- THAT'S A FUMBLE AND YOU KNOW IT.

no, it's a forward pass.  read the second sentence in the rule.

When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward toward the neutral zone, any intentional forward movement of his hand or arm with the ball firmly in his control starts the forward pass. If a Team B player contacts the passer or ball after forward movement begins and the ball leaves the passer’s hand, a forward pass is ruled regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player (A.R. 2-19-2-I).

and the next subsection emphasizes that it's a forward pass:

When in question, the ball is passed and not fumbled during an attempted forward pass. (Exception: Games using Instant Replay)

though i guess that's more relevant to division 2 that don't have instant replay

Edited by elfenix

Just now, Augustus said:

That's what I saw. It was a fumble.

• Hook 'Em 2