TCU vs Kansas State - Big 12 Championship Game Thread

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I don't think TCU would be out with a 3 point loss in OT but it would be hilarious if it happened. Mainly because I hate all things Big 12 and I'm petty AF

I love this. Will the committee be able to refrain from putting a 2 loss Alabama ahead of a 1 loss TCU. 

This will be the ultimate CFB implosion that leads to a huge outcry for the 12 team playoff to happen NOW if they do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

TCU will be the 4 seed. After the USC loss, the 4 teams are now set no matter what happens today. There's never been a 2 loss team in the playoff. Don't see it happening this year. 1 loss, absolutely. But Clemson and Bama fucked that up. 

Honestly, I'd rather have USC as a 2 loss than TCU. They are a dogshit team that is the product of a down Big 12. They have less than 0 chance to stay on the field against Georgia.

This is why the expanded field can't get here fast enough. TCU is nowhere near one of the 4 best teams in the country. Not even sure talent wise on the field, they are top 12. 

If TCU is in they are the 3 seed. Committee won’t want OsU v Michigan on the 2/3 Like right away. And it’s justified with close loss/more top 25 wins as opposed to Ohio State. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hermanator said:

I love this. Will the committee be able to refrain from putting a 2 loss Alabama ahead of a 1 loss TCU. 

This will be the ultimate CFB implosion that leads to a huge outcry for the 12 team playoff to happen NOW if they do.

Two SEC teams and two Big 10 teams, one being a rematch would just be too much for college football to handle. The outcry would be tremendous. Let's hope it happens. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Regardless what happens this year, the b12 championship game has screwed more teams than it's helped. 96, 98, 01, 07

CCGs are basically a way to exclude teams from other conferences, and include extra teams from SEC.

Edited by DougO
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Teams like TCU aren't getting in with a loss. 

But maybe I am wrong. That would be fine, fuck Bama.

But I don't believe it. Bama is going.

With a close loss like this one, they just might. Not saying they will though. I'm not big into making predictions, especially when it depends on a fickle committee. But a case could be made a razor thin OT loss in the conference title game against a team they beat once and the SOS is logical vs the field of alternatives.

Yep, 3rd and goal from the half yard line, two shots at it, and they didn't just sneak with two upbacks pushing forward and another back shoving Duggan forward. It's almost impossible not to score in that situation these days since this became legal.

And I agree that TCU should and will be in the playoff, but will still be happy that their glorious season will result in no championships.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Two SEC teams and two Big 10 teams, one being a rematch would just be too much for college football to handle. The outcry would be tremendous. Let's hope it happens. 

The committee won’t care about any outrage. 12 team format is coming in 2024-25, so what’s 2 more years of them fucking up and putting in 2 SEC and 2 B1G?

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

the play after was though.

They never showed an angle that conclusively showed it broke the plane (though it seems like it did), but more importantly there was no angle that showed if his legs were down when the reach happened. The KSU defender was on top of his legs so there is a good chance he was down before it broke the plane.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 3