TCU vs Kansas State - Big 12 Championship Game Thread

BurntOrange&White

Upon further reflection, the ineptitude of the Big 12 is absolutely staggering. It’s clear they were trying to dictate the outcome, but they weren’t even able to do that correctly. At the very least, it cost the conference the exposure of Duggan winning a Heisman. And TCU will probably have to play UGA in Atlanta. LOL

Duggan winning the Heisman? LOFL, no.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

The best part about Surly is you fucks think the money in the bank belongs to you.

You are unsecured creditors for the love of fuck go learn what the fractional reserve system means.

Vengeance is coming for each and every one of you and I'm gonna laugh and laugh and laugh.

It IS my money beochtes!

The scary part for TCU is if this were someone like Ohio State  with 2 losses or Clemson with 2 losses, it would be a slam dunk that TCU is in. But it's Alabama who has proven themselves in the playoffs. So while I think it's a less than 50% chance for Alabama, I could easily see it happening because it's Alabama. 

Edited by mdmost

30 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I said it on the old board. In a conference where every team plays everyone, a championship game can only hurt the conference's chance at making the playoff. No CCG and TCU is in the playoff. I mean for fucks sake it was only a few years ago that Penn State made it to the CCG and won only to lose a playoff spot to a divisional runner up. Don't give me this bullshit herp derp about them losing to Pitt and Michigan. That only confirms the CCG was meaningless. Okay committee you now have permission to consider Ohio State and Alabama in the playoff. Get on your knees and start sucking ya turd burglars.

You’re sort of missing the point here. You’d damn well better believe those losses to Pitt and Michigan meant something to PSU back in 2016. Losses count. That’s why Ohio State went to the playoff over PSU. They only had one loss. And you can’t say the CCG can only hurt you when PSU won that game. They won the conference championship. Doesn’t that count for anything anymore? (Clearly not as much as it used to with a 4-team playoff and it will count even less when they expand to 12 teams. But winning a conference championship should still be seen as a worthwhile achievement.)

So here you’re saying to the committee go ahead and put Bama in while citing an example that explains to you why they won’t get in. That’s some faulty logic.

No 2-loss team has ever made the playoff. Even if LSU managed a miracle comeback, and even if and Purdue upsets Michigan, there would still be four 1-loss teams to fill every playoff slot and leave Alabama out. There’s no conspiracy. It’s really pretty easy to understand. 

46 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

I don't get this type of hate. Yea fuck TCU I agree with , but here is a guy that gave it his all after being the back up at that start of the season. Fucking guy left it all on the field and pushed himself to the limit. Like I said, fuck TCU , but this guy is a brawler and has heart 

This is what makes the tears all that much sweeter. They wouldn't taste nearly as good from someone who didn't carry his fucking team 95 yards to score an 80 yard touchdown on his back only to lose the game because his coach robbed him of willing a touchdown into existence after 3 tries. 

These are the sweetest treasures that exist in CFB. 

17 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

We could have been in that game today with him as our QB.  Guts, toughness, and experience make up for a lot …

He earned the right to express those emotions.

He did, and I am nearly overdosing on the potency of the tears. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You’re sort of missing the point here. You’d damn well better believe those losses to Pitt and Michigan meant something to PSU back in 2016. Losses count. That’s why Ohio State went to the playoff over PSU. They only had one loss. And you can’t say the CCG can only hurt you when PSU won that game. They won the conference championship. Doesn’t that count for anything anymore? (Clearly not as much as it used to with a 4-team playoff and it will count even less when they expand to 12 teams. But winning a conference championship should still be seen as a worthwhile achievement.)

So here you’re saying to the committee go ahead and put Bama in while citing an example that explains to you why they won’t get in. That’s some faulty logic.

No 2-loss team has ever made the playoff. Even if LSU managed a miracle comeback, and even if and Purdue upsets Michigan, there would still be four 1-loss teams to fill every playoff slot and leave Alabama out. There’s no conspiracy. It’s really pretty easy to understand. 

Gonna need to see your spreadsheet.

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is what makes the tears all that much sweeter. They wouldn't taste nearly as good from someone who didn't carry his fucking team 95 yards to score an 80 yard touchdown on his back only to lose the game because his coach robbed him of willing a touchdown into existence after 3 tries. 

These are the sweetest treasures that exist in CFB. 

He did, and I am nearly overdosing on the potency of the tears. 

dumb

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Are you serious Clark? The only question would have been if he was down, but the ball cross the goal line before it got knocked loose.

The overhead camera was at least 10 yards behind the ball, it was not directly overhead. I agree we can conclude it crossed but the relay booth can't. 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The overhead camera was at least 10 yards behind the ball, it was not directly overhead. I agree we can conclude it crossed but the relay booth can't. 

Even so, they could have at least given TCU a better spot. No way he didn't get closer.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

His forward progress had stopped. No brainer. 

Edited by NoRagrets

the ball crossed the goal line, only question was if his knee, thigh or shin was down in the milliseconds before. The overhead camera is highly accurate. 

If the ball was spotted at the 2 inch line as it should have been, it's a different story.  Nevertheless, TCU will be # 3, so this game is quite meaningless.

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah but not today.

Because they didn't play today. Stop being ridiculous. TCU lost by 3 in OT. They have more top 25 wins than Ohio State. They belong. I would freeze UGA, Michigan, TCU at 1-3 and put tOSU 4 and let them play Georgia. It's a crime to have a rematch unless it's in the final. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

We could have been in that game today with him as our QB.  Guts, toughness, and experience make up for a lot …

He earned the right to express those emotions.

Fuck that crying bitch.

Fuck you too pussy.

Edited by Cajun
And that is no defense of UT, our coach, or our QB.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

42 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yes I can. I don't understand how you can say it helped Penn State. They made it to the conference championship game, won it, and lost a playoff spot to a team they beat in their division. Ohio State isn't supposed to benefit from sitting at home during conference championship week yet that's exactly what happened.