TCU vs Kansas State - Big 12 Championship Game Thread

BurntOrange&White

10 minutes ago, DigDug said:

Legit question, if frogs don’t brain fart and sneak it in or muscle it in, and Duggan is carried off as the working man’s hero, does he win the heisman?

One of the problems with Heisman voting is that you can turn in your ballot before the last regular season/conference championship games have been played.  I think this year they were handed out Nov 28 and you have until Dec 6 to turn them in.  Fax them in?  Not sure how it works exactly, but I know they get them for a week+.

So Caleb Williams had likely gotten a ton of votes before Utah beat his ass a second time and before he displayed a strong case of loser's limp on prime time TV.  I am sure there is a non-significant number of people who had Williams-Duggan 1-2 who would flip that after watching their last games. They should have an electronic vote system that is only open from midnight Sunday to midnight Monday.  

9 hours ago, bullet said:

How about Austin Peay, Utah St. and UL Monroe?  That's Alabama's non-"SEC" schedule.

The most common argument I've seen from the past 15-20 years justifying the joke schedule is that the SEC is "so tough", they don't need to schedule teams with a pulse for OOC matchups.

You know, it's just a gauntlet every week when you have to line up and play vanderbilt, kentucky, miss st, ole miss, auburn, missouri, tennessee and any of the other teams that are historically quite shitty, or at best average, in a given season.

Edited by redswingline

50 minutes ago, DigDug said:

Legit question, if frogs don’t brain fart and sneak it in or muscle it in, and Duggan is carried off as the working man’s hero, does he win the heisman?

I’d say yes.  Taking in what Hozz said and assuming you can flip your vote until the 6th.

44 minutes ago, MyWifeIsBi.....Polar said:

So Utah and Clemson should be in over TCU and Ohio State? Makes sense. 

You are right. Excluding conference champs makes sense.

I think the AFC and NFC winners shouldn't be invited to the super bowl because they aren't as good as some of the other teams in their conference.

Edited by redswingline

8 hours ago, taybo20 said:

The QB sneak is probably even more effective now that the “Bush push” is legal; your teammates can help push you over the line to gain. Sometimes teams (mine included) have been known to run out of the shotgun/pistol exclusively and never line up the QB under center. It was so frustrating watching Duggan line up under center, take the snap, turn and run backwards to hand it off, and seeing the defense get penetration before the back even got there. It seemed like it was taking an eternity to run the play. Speaking of Bush, I think it was Reggie who was saying from the set in Indianapolis that they were all yelling at the tv to just sneak it.

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The QB sneak is probably even more effective now that the “Bush push” is legal; your teammates can help push you over the line to gain. Sometimes teams (mine included) have been known to run out of the shotgun/pistol exclusively and never line up the QB under center. It was so frustrating watching Duggan line up under center, take the snap, turn and run backwards to hand it off, and seeing the defense get penetration before the back even got there. It seemed like it was taking an eternity to run the play. Speaking of Bush, I think it was Reggie who was saying from the set in Indianapolis that they were all yelling at the tv to just sneak it.

Actually saw a penalty on that the other day.  They pulled the runner instead of pushing, which is still a penalty.