TCU vs Kansas State - Big 12 Championship Game Thread

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:
3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

One one side a TCU wins means they beat us to the playoffs.  A losseans fucking Bama is in it again. Fuck everything 

TCU is in no matter what, certainly over Alabama

Neither of you knows for sure, but you both have a 50/50 chance of being right.

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Wins and losses have to count for something. You can’t say, “I don’t care if Alabama has 2 losses, I think they’re a good team and should be in over a team with a better record.”

Wins and losses do count.  But quality of wins and losses also counts.  So does strength of schedule.

If TCU loses this game, their resume isn't that great.  They'll have 0 great wins, 3 good wins (all close, and one of them avenged), and they'll have lost their last game.  Maybe they still get in and maybe the don't.  I'm just saying -- this is not a top 4 team, especially if they lose this game.  I think there are at least 8 teams who beat this team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Wins and losses do count.  But quality of wins and losses also counts.  So does strength of schedule.

If TCU loses this game, their resume isn't that great.  They'll have 0 great wins, 3 good wins (all close, and one of them avenged), and they'll have lost their last game.  Maybe they still get in and maybe the don't.  I'm just saying -- this is not a top 4 team, especially if they lose this game.  I think there are at least 8 teams who beat this team.

1 loss beats 2 losses. They’re in. Putting a 2-loss team in either the CFP or the BCS over a 1-loss team from a major conference has never happened before. That’s 24 years of precedent. Margin of victory doesn’t matter and, if anything, losing in the extra data point CCG would be seen as a quality loss. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Wins and losses have to count for something. You can’t say, “I don’t care if Alabama has 2 losses, I think they’re a good team and should be in over a team with a better record.”

I say TCU is in, win or lose. If the Big 12 hadn’t added a CCG just for the extra data point, TCU would already be in as an undefeated conference champ. Otoh, if they had 1 loss then the CCG would just give them a chance to lose both a conference championship and a playoff berth which they’d already earned during the regular season. That would be comical. 

Wins over quality teams have to count for something. With a 12 game playoff coming soon, there will be two types of teams that make it in- 0-3 loss teams from the Big 10 and SEC, and conference champs from PAC, B12 and ACC (and a G5). 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

1 loss beats 2 losses. They’re in. Putting a 2-loss team in either the CFP or the BCS over a 1-loss team from a major conference has never happened before. That’s 24 years of precedent. Margin of victory doesn’t matter and, if anything, losing in the extra data point CCG would be seen as a quality loss. 

There is about to be a huge segmentation between the SEC and Big 10 and everyone else. 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It happened in 2007, just off the top of my head.