loveSac sectional is it worth it ?

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Two things kept me from getting one:

Price (you have to be kidding)

Setup - I'm going to pay how much for a sofa that you will send me IKEA style and I have to assemble it. LOL, no thanks.

yea, the price is a turn off even though they do have a lifetime guarantee. 

I told her to keep looking but she is stuck on it. Let's see who gives in.

• Haha 1

we looked at a huge number of sectionals to fit a very specific space and ended up with this one from Costco. they delivered & set it up, it has a slipcover so not as worried about that part. we have had great experiences with it this year and can't complain. good deal for the cost.

https://www.costco.com/remie-slipcover-sectional.product.100833010.html

the one person i know who has a ton of extra $ has a Lovesac and loves how comfortable it and highly recommends it...just know it costs a lot.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

Tried to reply to Cooterbrown....Fucking UK has their pop up bullshit about cookies every time to open a page and there is no way to bypass

Thanks Cooterbrown for the tip but the price was with the 25% off. She is now out furniture shopping while I am hitting a couple of sites for work in Europe 

Isn’t the point of LoveSac is that it’s not a “sectional”? It’s a modular system that you can rearrange from time to time and even add on to? I don’t know how valuable that is but I don’t think you just compare it to a packaged sectional for pricing. They are comfortable. Also. there are generic versions of the system available online at a lower price.

If you are not going to use it as a system and just want a sectional to sit there for 10 years, it’s not worth it.

I assumed it was a budget piece of furniture. I know one person who has one and I’ve sat on it enough times. Never thought of it as being overly comfortable or stylish, just kinda meh, something good for a college apartment.

Had no idea people were spending $5k+ on them until seeing this thread.

I have two LoveSacs, and no they are probably not worth it…but since we were able to afford a nicer house due to my wife’s trust fund, I kept my mouth shut at the price.  Also helped we were able to do 0% financing for two years.  Only buy when there is a sale.

I would expect many couches are like this, but it was nice to be able to machine wash the whole thing, to refresh it each year (we have two young kids.)  Not just the cushions but every component   

Also being modular seems to be an advantage but the people who really need that functionality are likely the ones who can’t afford it.  

The quality is there, and as long as you don’t end up divorced over the assembly process, they’ve stood the test of time.  Also the kids can build the most king kickass fort of all time from the shithouse mountain of cardboard you’ll end up with.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

She has decided against the lovesac and now has her sights on an $8k sectional. When the fuck did couches become so freaking expensive? $600 delivery , $500 stain guard ?!?! WTF

Unfortunately for you, that sounds in the ballpark. We bought a custom sectional in 2019 for around $7k and I imagine prices have only shot up since then. Bought two custom sofas last year for about $8k total. Furniture is ridiculous, especially right now.

10 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

She has decided against the lovesac and now has her sights on an $8k sectional. When the fuck did couches become so freaking expensive? $600 delivery , $500 stain guard ?!?! WTF

About 3-4 years ago my wife decided she wanted new couches and lounge chair for the living room and really liked some couches at Crate and Barrel. $12K later I had a 2 seat and 3 seat sofa plus a lounge chair that nobody sits in.  Now she doesn’t like the color and says the dog ruined them by sitting on them.  I told her the couches look fine, I like the dog so stop blaming him and for the money I spent those should last for the next 25 years.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

About 3-4 years ago my wife decided she wanted new couches and lounge chair for the living room and really liked some couches at Crate and Barrel. $12K later I had a 2 seat and 3 seat sofa plus a lounge chair that nobody sits in.  Now she doesn’t like the color and says the dog ruined them by sitting on them.  I told her the couches look fine, I like the dog so stop blaming him and for the money I spent those should last for the next 25 years.  

image.jpeg.2bee3f414df53a17fb5512fc83c93143.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Enjoy your new couches 

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

It’s not just the set up that’s crazy. The thing comes in like 20 boxes as well. 
Couple of friends have them and it’s amazing at how much shit you have to deal with to get set up. 

I had the same problem with my Polywood patio furniture. 18 boxes and 600# total. I’m a handy guy, but it still took 10 hours of labor and beer drinking to unpack, assemble, break down, and dispose. 

Was quite vexing.AFA77A1D-1154-45D3-8852-76688F973990.thumb.jpeg.e2bfdeb361d0db3b3dca903cdb008162.jpeg 

• Rage+1 1

I have two. I have one in the theater and one in the living room. The one in the theater has a lighter color on it. Kid barfed strawberries on it. Took the cover off, washed it, good as new.

We’ve replaced the covers on the downstairs one a couple of time due to our cats mistaking it for a climbing post. They’ve stopped doing that so, we will be picking new colors / covers next year.

These things are solid. Kid jumps on them. Dog romps on them. Just regular life and these things hold up. They are also really comfortable. Great napping couches.

We also have a LoveSac movie Sac. Best “beanbag” type thing you can get.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/12/2022 at 10:00 AM, After irth said:

I had the same problem with my Polywood patio furniture. 18 boxes and 600# total. I’m a handy guy, but it still took 10 hours of labor and beer drinking to unpack, assemble, break down, and dispose. 

Was quite vexing.AFA77A1D-1154-45D3-8852-76688F973990.thumb.jpeg.e2bfdeb361d0db3b3dca903cdb008162.jpeg 

Maybe you should have had your wife do it.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

We bought our 2 couches when we moved in 9 years ago. We only use the one that sits in front of the TV, just never have any company over to sit in the other one. Well, the one couch is worn down, not as comfy anymore. I was prepared to have to make a trip to the furniture store but to my surprise, my wife was ok with my idea to just swap the couches around. She said she's good for another 9 years. 

This is the only humblebrag I'll ever get, so just let me have it.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2022 at 11:25 PM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Yeah we got a Pottery Barn sectional to replace my old leather sofa for about 5 grand.  Stainmaster and what not. It does what's it supposed to do and honestly looks a dickload better than whatever this Lovesac thingamabob is. Plus they set it up.

• 1 month later...

Well, the couch story gets worse.  We are moving in a few weeks and the couches I own are too big for the living room in the new house (they are the wrong color also) so now I have to get new couches anyways.  Been looking at every furniture store the last few weeks, and everything is crazy expensive.  Even the cheap stores are charging a lot for a couch that will probably fall apart in a few years.  I went to Havertys, and they wanted $6K for a sofa and love seat.  I then went online, and all the reviews of that particular couch say it looks like shit after a few months and the fabric starts to get beads in it like an old sweater.  One of the reviews said they complained to Havertys, and they were told to just buy one of those sweater shaver things and use it on the couch.  Fuck if I'm paying $6K for couches and then have to shave them on a weekly basis.  

On 12/12/2022 at 12:45 PM, nineliveslost said:

she got some sectional at Havertys for 8k. no assembly required

This is what I just did after looking at Lovesac, etc. Power reclining, which I’m sure I’ll regret the hell out of soon enough. 

GF is like, “You’re not going to let the dogs on this one, are you?”

You’re goddamned right I am. I did throw a couple of Longhorn blankets on it because if I’m going to hear bitching about the scratched leather, I’d rather it be later than sooner.