2022 ACC Championship - Clemson vs. North Carolina

satyanash

This is the same dude that swapped out trevor Lawrence late in the season right?  
I just looked and dj ugulaiaia had a complete shit  game against South Carolina and they lose by 1. Dabos decision not to sub him out cost them a chance at the playoffs .  Wat an idiot. 

No, he went to Trevor relatively early, like the fifth or sixth game. Watson’s immediate successor was Kelly Bryant, who wasn’t very good. Lawrence saw time in every game, I think.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Dabo deserves all the criticism he gets about this.  Any rando fan could see this change needed to be made much earlier in the year.  He watched these QBs for months and made this decision?   Congrats on costing your team a better chance to win.  

He's been criticized for weeks. 

It's weird, and beyond. Swinney is still an elite coach. That's what makes this weird. But there's inner workings on a team that we'll never see. 

I'll leave it at that. I'm the biggest Klubnik fan. Bigger tonight. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Swinney is late to be sending any message.

He's old. But even so, maybe he's learned. Cost himself a trip to the FF with loyalty to a bad QB.

Listening, Sarkisian?

Hey, if we changed out the guy who lost two games for the other guy who lost 2 games we would be in the CFP yall. Math. 

• Haha 1

Swinney is late to be sending any message.
He's old. But even so, maybe he's learned. Cost himself a trip to the FF with loyalty to a bad QB.
Listening, Sarkisian?
Maybe DJ still had some Dr Pepper money and bought his starting job. The last of it ran out Saturday.

But basically Dabo just outsmarted himself like so many of these guys do.

10 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

It's weird, and beyond. Swinney is still an elite coach. That's what makes this weird. But there's inner workings on a team that we'll never see. 

Whoever sponsored Ukelele’s NIL deal forced Dabo’s hand.  They ain’t spending all that scratch to watch their man ride the bench.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

1 hour ago, demos said:

Classic

That sums Mack up well, anyone who follows college football knew Klubnic was a possibility, in fact I was talking Friday night with a Clemson grad and he was just as  amazed as I was that Klubnic wasn't already the starter. Said Dabo is too loyal at times. Dabo has been on the verge of changing qbs all season, with the ACC on the line, he pulled DJ, because that makes sense. But in Mack's mind you never play freshmen, so the switch was impossible. 

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Whoever sponsored Ukelele’s NIL deal forced Dabo’s hand.  They ain’t spending all that scratch to watch their man ride the bench.

Swinney runs that program with an iron fist, top to bottom. On top of that, he hates the NIL situation so doubtful he would allow anyone to force that upon him. 

Swinney's just a stubborn guy who didn't want to admit he was wrong.