Vandals mad about drag show open fire on North Carolina power substations

TeeDubya

6 hours ago, WBT said:

Who needs proof when you have implication?

This reminds me of a point I heard regarding the current GQP.

Once it became apparent there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, the Bush administration ceased making that assertion.

Though it was not mandated, once it became apparent there were cases of not being able to keep your own doctor after passage of the ACA, the Obama administration ceased making that assertion.

So to answer your question, everyone prior to 2015 and everyone except the GQP afterwards. 

13 hours ago, WBT said:

Who needs proof when you have implication?

Well, the cause is reportedly vandalism. And, the implication you mention is based on right wing nut bars. These nut bars have been singled out as the number one domestic terrorist threat by the FBI. Until the proof disproves it, Occam’s Razor has a strong track record.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Well, the cause is reportedly vandalism. And, the implication you mention is based on right wing nut bars. These nut bars have been singled out as the number one domestic terrorist threat by the FBI. Until the proof disproves it, Occam’s Razor has a strong track record.

Yikes

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

Vandals? I think the word we're looking for here is terrorist.

"I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" - Ghandi
"They draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me"   
These radical Christians are prime example of how religion can be twisted to justify doing horrible things and gives true faith a bad name.  

Fundamentalist religious terrorism is fundamentalist religious terrorism. Any difference between the American “Christian” right and Al Qaeda is rapidly disappearing.

And I think they should meet the same fate. I hate fundagelical terrorists who use violence to impose their twisted religious dogmatic bullshit on the rest of us, and I enjoy when they meet a bullet-riddled end. Sic semper fundamentalist terrorists.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Anecdotal, but the poster seems on top of other developments, so, here are some of the relevant tweets.

Edited to add a tweet that didn’t load.

Coordinated armed attack on three substations? Spare the chair (gallows,) lose the security of a free state.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

6 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Vandals? I think the word we're looking for here is terrorist.

I read a book on terrorism back in the 90s that said the most effective thing any terrorist could do was attack the power grid since substations are usually unguarded (an electric fence with barbed wire usually) and the materials needed to fix them are usually not on hand or are often back ordered. If still true about the ability to repair today, then a coordinated wide scale attack at the right time in winter in the north or summer in the south could kill thousands. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jhawkmvp said:

I read a book on terrorism back in the 90s that said the most effective thing any terrorist could do was attack the power grid since substations are usually unguarded (an electric fence with barbed wire usually) and the materials needed to fix them are usually not on hand or are often back ordered. If still true about the ability to repair today, then a coordinated wide scale attack at the right time in winter in the north or summer in the south could kill thousands. 

To add to the back ordered comment, typically there are always spares in some type of storage. Sometimes, several companies pool up on it so there are immediate replacements available. But you can imagine it’s a small ratio to what’s existing. Also very heavy to haul and replace. It’s slow work.   I’ve worked with a bunch of power cos on the delivery side, and installation side. It’s not rocket surgery, but it’s not flip a switch either.   Don’t even think about all the transmission ROWs that are just out there on private land, and how bad losing a few of those at once would be.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Emily Grace Rainey. A true cunt.

308734235_497584589048286_40243522838118

These guys are the realest Presidents I’ve seen in over a year. Stolen el3cti0ns destroy countries BUT today is 2.22.22 and Pluto is in the EXACT same alignment that it was on July 4th 1776. Heaven agrees; revolution is coming. I’ll die for my country and my God. Prison means nothing to me. Who is with me?

Edited by Bullneck

1 hour ago, Jhawkmvp said:

chris jericho festival of friendship GIF by WWE

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

308734235_497584589048286_40243522838118

These guys are the realest Presidents I’ve seen in over a year. Stolen el3cti0ns destroy countries BUT today is 2.22.22 and Pluto is in the EXACT same alignment that it was on July 4th 1776. Heaven agrees; revolution is coming. I’ll die for my country and my God. Prison means nothing to me. Who is with me?

The lions not sheep thing is funny to me because:

lamb of god

the lord is my shepherd 

biblical imagery is of the devout as sheep. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

A state of emergency has been declared, and more than one substations were targeted. 

These fuckers just won the House, but they can’t wait to get the fireworks started.

It will be more than ludicrous that the (now obviously ongoing) civil war cannot be discussed in DT. Maybe politics ought be included in the current events thread. Don’t want to have to read about politics? On behalf of folks whose life is now at risk because their medication needs refrigeration: fuck you.

https://wlos.com/news/local/moore-county-north-carolina-mass-power-outages-sheriffs-office-act-of-violence-criminal-vandalism-duke-energy-map

Edited by Willfully Horn
Puncted
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

lamb of god

the lord is my shepherd 

That and they always seem to blindly follow the words of one loud extremist, like sheep.

• Hook 'Em 1

If they really want to limit this type of shit from happening going forward then round these idiots up and give them all 20+ year sentences. 

The Arabs are looking at us and saying no need to attack these idiots anymore since they're destroying themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 5

14 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Fundamentalist religious terrorism is fundamentalist religious terrorism. Any difference between the American “Christian” right and Al Qaeda is rapidly disappearing.

And I think they should meet the same fate. I hate fundagelical terrorists who use violence to impose their twisted religious dogmatic bullshit on the rest of us, and I enjoy when they meet a bullet-riddled end. Sic semper fundamentalist terrorists.

The radical Christian terrorists just don’t have the conviction in their beliefs to commit suicide attacks. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, TeeDubya said:

I wrote "Vandals" in the subject line when this had just happened, because connection to right-wing lunatics was only rumor at the time.  Now, the FBI is involved in the investigation too.  Initial rumors appear correct.

These days if it looks like a hate crime then there’s probably at least a 90% chance it’s a hate crime. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

lamb of god

the lord is my shepherd 

There's a guy at my gym that wears Lions not Sheep stuff all the time. That guy's job? Williamson County Sheriff Deputy. 

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The radical Christian terrorists just don’t have the conviction in their beliefs to commit suicide attacks. 

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Yet.

That would take actually believing fervently in your religion. Muslim suicide bombers profoundly believe that they are protecting Islam. Christian terrorists use their religion as spray paint over ingrained prejudice and cultivated hate.

Muslim extremists see themselves as truly in a religious war. American "Christian" extremists are conducting a civil war a la Hitler. They're generating hate and violence against against LGBTs in the name of purifying the state. Their deranged aims are political.

As someone said above, no matter the technical differences, the domestic ones deserve the same immediate fate as foreign ones. The entire engine of law enforcement needs to turn its immediate attention to these terrorists. Go full J. Edgar Hoover on their asses because they are actual enemies of and threats to the republic.

Stochastic terrorism: an unanticipated addition to my vocabulary thanks to Brisket. It needs to find its way to common usage. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

There's a guy at my gym that wears Lions not Sheep stuff all the time. That guy's job? Williamson County Sheriff Deputy. 

I just googled Lions Not Sheep. Holy Shit, this guy's blog is fantastic

A MESSAGE TO PARENTS
by Sean Whalen  October 09, 2020  3 min read
My friends, if you were a parent and you have a child I want to share something with you really quick.

I just got a message from the gentleman who was talking about his 11 year old son.

And he's struggling with his 11 year old son, because he seems to not have any drive in life, he seems to just be struggling.

And his older sister is super assertive and popular and all this other stuff.

I have three kids.

I have a 16 year old daughter who's my oldest, I have a 13 year old boy who is my oldest boy, and then I have a 10 year old son, all three radically different.

I remember when I had my kids and I was like dude, my kids are going to be football players and they're going to be crazy, and my daughter's going to be all of these things.

You just have these grandiose ideas as parents.

And with so much data and so much information coming to us nowadays, it's fucking hard to understand like well, my kid should be here and we benchmark and we test, and they're here on this scale and on this scale, and they don't want to sit in class so let's pump them full of drugs and shit and all of this panic.

I know, because I'm a dad.

I got three kids and I got kids that struggle.

My daughter has lupus.

My other son, they thought he had autism when he was six months old.

SMy message is simply this.

Think back to when you were a kid, parents.

Think back to when you were 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.

That's a really fucking confusing time.

That was a really confusing time for me.

My parents went through a divorce, your body's maturing, you're getting boners as boys, and you're trying to figure out sex and what all of this shit is and all of life and emotions, and you feel bad and you feel good and you hate and you're angry and you're this and you're that, and you get picked on or maybe you you pick on somebody.

Go back to when you were a kid.

It's a confusing time.

It's a confusing freaking time, right?

For every kid, black, white, rich, poor doesn't matter.

My suggestion and my advice to parents that reach out to me is simply this, and this is something that I chose to do a couple of years ago with my kids because I realized that my children are not different than me.

They're going to grow up.

Who had the most impact in my life?

The people that had the most impact on me were the people just loved me for who I was, whether I made a mistake, whether I was up, whether I was down, whether I was this, I was that.

You understand?

So many parents are like, get off all the video games and this and that and the other.

If your child loves video games, sit down and play a video game with him for a minute.

Be inside their world.

They're curious.

They don't know what the hell is going on.

They're learning, they're evolving, they're adapting in a crazy world, a hell of a lot crazier than when we grew up.

Love your kid from where they are.

Love them for where they are.

My youngest boy, he sucks at football.

He has zero aggression in his body.

My older boy, he's like a freaking savage.

He goes out and rips people's heads off.

I want my younger son to go out there and be aggressive.

It's just not where he's at right now.

I love him where he is.

Parents, love your kids where they are.

I promise you, you can pound the pavement, you can see the doctors, you can pump the drugs, you can try and get them all to fit into this box of what normal looks like.

But the truth of the matter is they're going to grow up and they're going to remember the same thing that you and I remember, which is who loved me when I was a kid, who held space for me, who allowed me to be me, and who was trying to freaking dictate my life and do all of these different things and make me somebody that I'm not.

Take that for what it's worth, parents.

If your kid's struggling, if you're struggling with your kid, if your kid's trying to figure out who the hell they are and where they're going, and they're confused or angry, they're lost, just be with them where they are.

Stop trying to dictate their life and tell them what's normal and tell them where to go.

Just fucking love them for where they are right now.

I promise you that'll connect you to them deeper and stronger than anything else you could do.

Much love to all the parents.

He's a "influencer" and sells merch to Rogan Bros who want to be tough. Ha, and the FTC fined him for selling made in america merch that was made in China. lol

https://www.ksl.com/article/50453628/utah-based-lions-not-sheep-apparel-fined-for-swapping-made-in-china-tags-for-made-in-usa

https://www.ksl.com/article/50455831/lions-not-sheep-founder-speaks-out-about-ftc-made-in-usa-order-alleging-political-motivations

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Stochastic terrorism: an unanticipated addition to my vocabulary thanks to Brisket. It needs to find its way to common usage. 

It's a common tactic of fascists - there weren't that many ordered attacks and purges of Jews in nazi germany. It's just that folks were whipped into such a frenzy that it normalized their insane hatred until even your average Hans had no choice but to participate. 

Words matter. Trump's actions on January 6 are a prototypical example of stochastic terrorism in that he didn't direct anyone to do anything specific, but ensured a unity of vision for the desired end state, got everyone jacked to the tits, and then let em the fuck loose. 

It's a pretty goddamn similar pattern to evangelical preachers. It's just that you'd expect them to apply the tactic to a mission trip and not to demonizing gays

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3