UGA vs Ohio State, First Round, Dec. 31

Parliament

This entire CFP is a set of “Can we have a meteor hit the stadium instead, as an option” games for me.

So that being said, I would rather see OSU light up Georgia by a huge margin and the same for Michigan over TCU than the other options. 

Then I guess I would rather see OSU beat Michigan (just to see the bullshit about the issue with rematches in the CFP) in a “meh” game and then see both Harbaugh and Day leave for the NFL right afterwards..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

I think we're allowed to start the game thread early?  

The Vegas line's gonna be like 15 points, and that's fair.  But if we get our RB's healthy and fix a few other other things, we have a chance.  Grateful for the chance.

Henderson just had surgery so he's almost certainly out.

If JSN can play can he get in game shape and can he get his timing down with Stroud?

I don't see any of these teams in the field staying with Georgia. They are too good across the board. Winner of TCU Michigan is waiting to get slaughtered in the championship game

Michigan is going to keep it a lot closer with UGA than they did last year. That’s not saying much but they play a completely different style of football this year. UGA lost 5 first rounders on Defense. They probably have 4 more this year, but the D is definitely worse than they were last year.

I also think it is a positive that they crushed Michigan last year. Not that Harbaugh took them lightly, but he has a lot better idea of what is going to be coming at him.

JJ is waaaaay more dangerous than Cade, and Edwards is going to be one of the better backs Michigan has had in the past 20 years with his ability to catch out of the backfield.

Minter has an NFL style defense which he goes into the games mostly playing a vanilla defense to see what the other team is going to roll out and then adjusts at halftime and just smothers the other team.

The ball control offense of 5-10 minute drives means less touches for the opposition which at the worst will keep a game with UGA close.

TCU’s defense looked pretty rough against Kansas state, the inability to tackle is going to make it very hard to contain michigans running attack or stop their TEs.

So I feel pretty confident that Michigan is going to get a shot at UGA again.

It's Georgia. And everyone else. 

They absolutely have the most talented team. I think Harbaugh is the better coach. Up until last year Richt was known for choking. Last year his coaching didn’t matter because they were just completely stacked.

4 minutes ago, Juicy said:

They absolutely have the most talented team. I think Harbaugh is the better coach. Up until last year Richt was known for choking. Last year his coaching didn’t matter because they were just completely stacked.

I've no idea where Richt is today.

I do know that Smart is a really good coach and is equal to Harbaugh. 

Georgia just has so much more talent than anyone. Shit, to start with they have two, not one, TEs that would start, today, for almost every team in the NFL. And it goes from there. 

17 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Juicy gonna juicy

• Like 1

Georgia just has so much more talent than anyone. Shit, to start with they have two, not one, TEs that would start, today, for almost every team in the NFL. And it goes from there. 

Richt smart. Potato tomato.
  • Like 1

Guys would you mind taking the UGA/Michigan talk to another thread?  This one here is for making fun of Ohio thx.

It was said above Stroud isn't clutch, and that's a bit unfair.  He was decent against Michigan in 2021, ballah in the Rose Bowl, and subpar against Michigan this year.  He deserves an "incomplete" grade and his play these next 1/2 games will cement his legacy.  

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

And it doesn't help that Ohio State has a vaginal (defensive) back end.

Ugly, it will be, with those TEs of Georgia.

17 hours ago, Juicy said:

I assume you're referring to Kirby Smart and not Mark Richt.

You don't think there was any coaching involved between the blowout loss in the CCG and the victory in the national championship?

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I’ve started to see some talking head types talk themselves into an OSU victory. 

Ohio State is still a really good team, but all this talk of Ohio State is the only team that can beat UGA seems to lose me a bit. 

The team that just got bombed by over 3TDs at home is the only team that can compete with UGA? When the team that beat them by over 3 Touchdowns at home, is also in these playoffs?

Ohio State could win, if they turn the game into a track meet and don't settle for FGs. 

Stroud seems to get really shook really quickly though so if UGA gets after him and they fall behind, it could also get out of hand really quick.