2022 Surly Bowl Mania Contest

BigOrange1

The first bowl game of the season almost ruined a ton of high point picks. 11 point underdog Miami of Ohio had the lead and the ball in FG range with 4:16 left in the 4th. I don’t think any favorite is safe this year.  It’s got to be tough for Vegas to handicap desire to win for these teams. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like 4 people have a chance to finish in the money (1st or 2nd)

Jameslaw 

Quinn Ewer’s Haircut

Me

MNLonghorn (best possible finish is 2nd)

If we all pick Georgia and they win, it will be James and me finishing 1-2.

Let the game of wits begin!

Edited by HornPhD
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, HornPhD said:

Looks like 4 people have a chance to finish in the money (1st or 2nd)

Jameslaw 

Quinn Ewer’s Haircut

Me

MNLonghorn (best possible finish is 2nd)

If we all pick Georgia and they win, it will be James and me finishing 1-2.

Let the game of wits begin!

Congrats to the top 2 on their still undetermined payouts. I mean the bowls only started a month ago, I’m sure @BigOrange1 will break out the abacus soon. 🙄

Edited by Irieguy
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

Every year we let this guy play, and every year he's a huge douche. 

You guys love it. Btw, the level of play has vastly improved in the last few years. Far fewer people just going chalk with picks. Definitely due to my criticisms from previous years. 

You guys love it. Btw, the level of play has vastly improved in the last few years. Far fewer people just going chalk with picks. Definitely due to my criticisms from previous years. 

I don’t know about you but I have no desire to read on who’s sitting out, who’s injured, who lost a qb to the portal etc for 43 games. Especially for a game between uab and Troy.

Then I adjusted on the fly hitting Tulane and TCU upsets to make up for some of the ucla, Illinois bullshit. It’s still fun to put emphasis on every game I normally would have absolutely none towards…but I have no idea how people bet on sports on a nightly basis. Losing money on plays like Illinois last second fumble that was returned for a TD would happen to me nightly. This and surly brackets, that’s enough for me and my blood pressure
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

My son came in second and he's excited because he now has enough to buy a new X Box. Congrats, everyone, we've created a new degenerate gambler! It really does take a village.

This makes me feel better about giving up 2nd. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1