Formula 1 2023

Anton Chigurh

10 minutes ago, RPM said:

They don't have any paint to save weight. That's the carbon fiber.

I know, we all know. It’s still dumb that a Silver Arrow is black.

10 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Ocon is gonna try to steal a faster car in the next round of pit stops.

Perhaps the Aston Safety Car

4 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I know, we all know. It’s still dumb that a Silver Arrow is black.

Perhaps the Aston Safety Car

it's a Black Arrow

wow! hamilton!

Edited by elfenix
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Enjoyed the F1 Netflix show. Can't quite get into the actual sport though. Red Bull just wins every race.

the previous 7 years it was MB. new money rules have tightened things up, but the cream still rises.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Happy my Mclaren fan contract was terminated. 

Redbull has clinched the constructor’s title

Boathouse topping the midfield charts was fantastic. Great drive from Gasley, lol Ocon.  Albon in the points  

Poor fucking Charles. SMDH

Whole race was the Fred show and I’m here for it. 

Other than 1&2, race 1 was an entertaining opening salvo. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

Danny has to be off laughing at McLaren somewhere.

I know I am.  Obviously something was off w/ Danny, but I'll continue to believe there was too much priority given to Lando in the development of that car.  Predict Lando's reputation takes a huge hit as he pouts and snarks his way through a rough season.

Also making me laugh: Ocon fumblefucking his entire. fucking. race.  Literally didn't do a single thing right from the time he strapped in.  

Getting to the point where I'm pitying Ferrari.  I want to root against the mighty icon, but it feels like picking on a special needs kid at this point. 

Loving 10-11-12.  Alex gets Williams a point, Yuki just behind and Sargeant strong on debut...Predict Williams gets 2 in the points without mas retirements ahed of them, a la 2021 Silverstone, the last time they had 2 scoring drivers.  Haas doing Haas things...sigh... 

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Enjoyed the F1 Netflix show. Can't quite get into the actual sport though. Red Bull just wins every race.

If you want to get into F1, you have to get out of the American sports fan mindset where only the winner matters and learn to appreciate the battles up and down the field.  Notice no one has mentioned Max once today - we all know he's going to dominate.  The drama and intrigue is following everyone else trying to make changes throughout the season to close the gap while beating each other up.  Every now and then you get a true fight for the lead and it's awesome, but that's a treat and not the norm.

Along those lines - the fight between Merc & AMR, champions HAM & ALO w/ RUS & STR as capable 2s is going to be one of the best parts of this season.  That's the battle for 3rd today, and possible that one of them could nip Ferrari for 2nd.

• Like 2