Formula 1 2023

Anton Chigurh

On 5/25/2023 at 11:08 AM, PittsburghTiger said:

So, we ran a few errands here, outside the Black Forest and got back to the house and I started thinking (usually dangerous) “I think I will look again for tickets for Sunday”, And I’ll be damned. Fuck it!

I’m going to Monaco for the race. Bought two tickets in the Pool Grandstands. We’ll drive to Nice and then take the train, 21-minutes, to Monaco rather than look for parking in Monte Carlo.

I’m so happy!

Happy Fun GIF

Maya Rudolph Snl GIF

On 5/25/2023 at 10:08 AM, PittsburghTiger said:

So, we ran a few errands here, outside the Black Forest and got back to the house and I started thinking (usually dangerous) “I think I will look again for tickets for Sunday”, And I’ll be damned. Fuck it!

I’m going to Monaco for the race. Bought two tickets in the Pool Grandstands. We’ll drive to Nice and then take the train, 21-minutes, to Monaco rather than look for parking in Monte Carlo.

I’m so happy!

Happy Fun GIF

Holyshit GIFs | Tenor

24 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

First time for the race. Not first time in Monaco. A few years back I drove the course on a Tuesday after the race and all the barriers were still up. It was cool

Take some pics for us!

I must be living under a rock, while watching FP1 I noticed all that work going on before the tunnel. Used to be a nice ocean view there. Now reclaimed land and massive development.

portier-side-by-side-1024x494.jpg

Monaco F1 Grand Prix 2014 - Mirror Online

• Hook 'Em 1

Heh, so rumors around the paddock are Lewis to Ferrari and LeClerc to Mercedes in a swap?  Great stuff and it's not even silly season!

That was written earlier this week. Lewis said no and he’s close to wrapping up with Merc.

First time for the race. Not first time in Monaco. A few years back I drove the course on a Tuesday after the race and all the barriers were still up. It was cool

We went two days last year. Helicoptered over from Nice one day and trained the other.

Buy your train ticket in advance at the station if you can…the lines will be really long coming out of Nice but not honestly not too bad. Coming back to Nice after the race, I’d find a place to stay in Monaco for dinner or drinks and take a later train…it’s just madness now they cram people into those trains going back West after the race.

Enjoy every second! It’s such an awesome environment on raceday. All of the yachts will blow their horns after the checkered flag.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, utee94 said:

I always call it The Beautiful Parade.  

It's still my favorite and most anticipated date on the Calendar every year.  And sometimes when it rains, interesting things happen.  Guess we'll see on Sunday.

For whatever it's worth, Weather.com is predicting 75% chance of rain at 2 PM on Sunday in Monte Carlo...

image.thumb.png.305045c364fcbacf7d4ddbd2b8d4982e.png

I sweatergawd if Charles gets pole and Ferrari fuck up his strategy in the rain two years in a row, I will murder my TV. 

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Holy shit Max!  *and he hit the wall on that lap???  Love it when Q ends like that w/ a new leader every time a driver crosses the line.

Here's to Fred getting a great start and trying to block for 78 laps.

42 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Charles with a 3 place grid penalty for blocking Lando in the tunnel during Q3.

Both drivers agreed that LeClerc did what he could in the tunnel and he still received a penalty.  Fuck the stewards.

13 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Both drivers agreed that LeClerc did what he could in the tunnel and he still received a penalty.  Fuck the stewards.

Apparently Charles' race engineer never told him Lando was coming up behind him on a hot lap.  Fucking Ferrari.

That was one of the best Qualifying sessions I've ever seen. Maybe the best. Fantastic stuff, all around, and less than a tenth between Max and Nando, both drivin' 'em like they stole 'em.

• Like 2

Zhou sets the fastest lap in Q1; he’s out ten minutes later. Max is down to Fernando 0.2s, then pulls 0.3s in the final sector. Amazing, amazing stuff. 

Yes, General, I was entertained. 

Edited by Dutch