Need Help with Android Auto Issue

A couple of months ago I got a new Samsung Galaxy s22.  I was on a s8 previously.  With the new phone, when I try to connect a phone call through my car (Mazda CX-5, if that matters), I can hear the other person just fine, but they do not hear me.  Voice-to-text works just fine, so I know that it's not some kind of dead microphone issue.

Any help would be appreciated.  My attempts to find help on the interwebs were feeble and frutiless.

Is your connection corded or wireless? In my experience it can get very finicky unless you are using a high quality cord.  The ones with a 90 degree on the phone end also gives less stress to the charging port.

Have you tried having a different phone (apple or android) connect and try to make a call?

You could also try a factory reset of you phone if you are up for it but probably not the issue if it is new.

On 12/5/2022 at 1:58 PM, DCLonghorn said:

Does it work properly if you use the car Bluetooth connection without using Android Auto or same issue? 

Honestly, I don't know how to keep Android Auto from connecting once I'm in the car and start it up.

On 12/5/2022 at 2:19 PM, Dr Fear said:

Is your connection corded or wireless? In my experience it can get very finicky unless you are using a high quality cord.  The ones with a 90 degree on the phone end also gives less stress to the charging port.

Have you tried having a different phone (apple or android) connect and try to make a call?

You could also try a factory reset of you phone if you are up for it but probably not the issue if it is new.

Corded connection - good quality cord.  Same one I used with the s8 with no trouble.

I have not tried with a different phone.  I am the only one in the car 98% of the time and I only have one phone.

Not doing a factory reset.  As I said, I've only had this phone a couple of months.

On 12/5/2022 at 2:42 PM, Jerry Callo said:

You might trying turning up the sound on your phone to the max and turning down the sound on the radio.  My wife's 4Runner had a similar issue until she made that adjustment. 

I'll give it a go, but I think I tried that once.