2022 Heisman

Helobious

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Finalists just announced:

Ohio St QB CJ Stroud

Georgia QB Stetson Bennet (wtf)

USC QB Caleb Williams

TCU QB Max Duggan

That has to be the worst field of all time.

Bennett being a finalist is a complete joke. Hard to argue the other three and Caleb is a worthy winner in my book. I'm biased but I think Bijan has an argument to be a finalist.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Bennett being a finalist is a complete joke. Hard to argue the other three and Caleb is a worthy winner in my book. I'm biased but I think Bijan has an argument to be a finalist.

He should be there over Stetson for sure. Corum has an argument too.

37 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

why no mich guys? 

Probably because Blake Corum got hurt. 

I don't want to keep shitting on Sark but it will eternally make me bitter than Bijan wasn't showcased enough to at least merit an invite. But this is no longer an award that a RB can win unless he's the obvious MVP of his team that is in the playoff or is breaking a record. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I heard Williams has fallen out of favor with some voters with his fingernail stuff.  

I wouldn’t bet against Duggan. 

I'm really surprised his fingernail shtick isn't being made out to be a bigger deal. If Tim Tebow was doing "Fuck Alabama" on his eye black it would be national news on ESPN for months. But I guess Tebow had an image to protect while Caleb is fine being viewed as a piece of shit 

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Bijan should be there over Bennett but he’s there as the leader of, by far, the best team in the nation. I have no real issue with the four, and Bennett stats are comparable to Duggan’s. This is a 2-horse race and I think it’ll be Caleb fairly convincingly. 

3 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I heard Williams has fallen out of favor with some voters with his fingernail stuff.  

I wouldn’t bet against Duggan. 

Williams, then Stroud, Duggan and Bennett. 

2 hours ago, Constant said:

Bijan should be a finalist over Bennett. There may not be a more important player to his team in the country. Texas is good with Bijan. What are they they without him this season?

Still good with RoJo and the other Robinson and freshmen. Running game would’ve been fine without Bijan. A running back with good but not great stats on an 8-4 team isn’t gonna make today’s Heisman ceremony. Or rather, he has no chance to win it. He’ll win the Doak in a landslide and be a 1st round pick. 

1 hour ago, Gut Wagon said:

Would Bijan really want to have to shoot Nissan commercials with the likes of Mayfield or Murray? I think not. 

He’d pull up in a Lambo, so no. 

I'm really surprised his fingernail shtick isn't being made out to be a bigger deal. If Tim Tebow was doing "Fuck Alabama" on his eye black it would be national news on ESPN for months. But I guess Tebow had an image to protect while Caleb is fine being viewed as a piece of shit 

His Twitter reply to Duggan was worse than the finger nails.

I’m positive Duggan was completely exhausted after leading the frogs on that game tying drive almost entirely by himself. He took big shots almost every play, was running for his life every play, and many of those plays didn’t even count because they were negated by penalties. He’s also had open heart surgery before so you know he’s a tough SOB. 

But goddamn his over the top theatrics after that TD & conversion kind of soured me on him. Whatever happened to don’t let your opponent know you’re tired. 

2 hours ago, John Coctostan said:

Three guys who lost their last game - and Stetson. 

Two guys who have to single-handedly carry their team to victory each week, one guy who pads his stats against really shitty B1G teams and one guy whose only job is "As long as you don't fuck up too much all the 5* players surrounding you will win every game."

I can respect Duggan as a very good college QB without wanting him to win the award that is ostensibly supposed to go to the best player in all of college football.  That's because Duggan most certainly is NOT the best player . . . or even the best QB.  He's good, but he's not *that* good.

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

Fuck Caleb Williams sixteen thousand ways to Sunday fucking cunt douche wannabe pretend thug pussy fuck. Bring that sissy fuck act to the 409 and get knifed in the bathroom in 8th grade. Fuck that cockgobbler.

Yes. I’m drunk on a Monday…

Stop holding back and tell us how you really feel.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

If Dykes would’ve called a QB run/pass option instead of a handoff 5 yards deep in the backfield on 4th down, Duggan would win.  

That wasn't a walkoff situation.  Kansas State still had their possession afterwards.  No way of knowing whether TCU's defense makes the stop or K-State's offense forces a second OT or they win it with a two point conversion if TCU scored a TD on their possession.  Plus, on the plays that were called TCU's offensive line (particularly their interior OL) got blown up which is a pretty good way of stopping any call in a goal line situation.