RIP Kirstie Alley

mdmost

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

Bored Paul Rudd GIF

I did not follow her personal life. What little I know about her seemed okay. She’s gone now and whatever she did in her life was her own business. Sometimes good people get mixed up in things they should not and by reading some the replies she apparently did. Passing away from cancer is pretty sad. 

• Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Loved Cheers. I never understood the attraction. But different strokes and all. 

Yeah, the 1990's Alley with the exotically alluring hot curves, sexy brunette appeal, scandalous smile, flinty voice, and big beautiful eyes.  I can't imagine why men would possibly be into her back then.  And to boot, she was funny as shit in an ensemble cast format.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, the 1990's Alley with the exotically alluring hot curves, sexy brunette appeal, scandalous smile, flinty voice, and big beautiful eyes.  I can't imagine why men would possibly be into her back then.  And to boot, she was funny as shit in an ensemble cast format.  

He's more of a Carla Tortelli man. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

csb/ My late father had a thing for Kirstie Alley in the 80's/90's.  I think we all did.  Flash forward to early 2000's, and he's handling the interstate shipping for Pier 1 Imports.  They invite him down to Fort Worth for a board retreat and they promise that he gets to meet her.  He's giddy as hell.  Sometime between the invitation and the actual, in-person visit, she gets fired/let out of her endorsement contract.  But neither of us knew that.  He shows up to Texas from New York.  They walk him into a room and say, "For all your hard work, we'd like to introduce you to the new face of Pier 1 Imports!"  And in walks Thom Filicia, the Interior Designer from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy."  My father was not amused. /csb

No offense to Thom, but when you're promised Kirstie Alley...nothing else will do.  She was a gem.  RIP Miss Howe.  

But did he get to say, "Does this mean Ann-Margret's Kirstie Alley's not coming?"

• Haha 3

Sad to see. She had a reality show about 10-15 years ago where she was struggling with weighr. She was a Jenny Craig spokesman then gained a hundred pounds then lost it again. Then gained it again.

She was a serious scientologist. She was a level 7 so don’t know if that gets you to the Xenu level. She was the only star from Cheers that never showed on Frasier. She refused numerous times to replay her character because Frasier was a psychiatrist.

5 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

.She was a serious scientologist. She was a level 7 so don’t know if that gets you to the Xenu level.

I think when you’re a celebrity they spot you couple levels.  Kinda like how Elvis got his black belt. 

• Haha 4