#2 Texas vs #17 Illinois 6pm on ESPN - Game Day!

KingBobo81

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

Tyrese Hunter is driving me a little crazy with some of these turnovers.

Also, every time Disu puts it on the floor for an extended amount of time while running a half court offense I find myself clinching my sphincter. 

Yeah, unforced turnovers by Horns have given Illinois the lead.

Need better flow and execution on offense in 2nd half... doubt Illinois will turn the ball over as much in 2nd half.

Illinois is a good team -- Horns have to step up their game !!! 

Well, a little disappointing to be behind in this first half. Illinois has been better in rebounding, but that's because they have 8 more defensive rebounds. The teams are even in offensive rebounding with 6 apiece, to my surprise. Texas is never going to be a great offensive rebounding team because of their offense and the emphasis on transition defense.

Illinois has 4 different players with 2 fouls apiece. Brock Cunningham the only one with 2 on the Texas side (both of them bullshit, IMO). 

I like the idea of Texas come out of the locker room and taking the Illini by the throat. Don't really want to see Mayer continue his hot shooting, though. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pancho said:

We are everyone’s Super Bowl. It’s getting old.

Embrace it. It ain't changing. We're the heel. It makes college sports more fun. 

I will say beating UT doesn't mean that much to Illinois or their fan base. It's specific to Mayer, Dainja, and TJ Shannon. And I'd argue maybe it's having a detrimental impact on Shannon because he's pressing too much. 

Both teams have a big scorer who hasn't done shit tonight.  Baylor boy isn't likely to keep draining every shot.  

Turnovers were predictable -- @shadow_operative pointed it out earlier today. I see that continuing.  Brock needs to sit down, Timmy needs to keep it up, Marcus and Tyrese need to bring it, I think we'll be fine.  Weird game.

7 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Texas is never going to be a great offensive rebounding team because of their offense and the emphasis on transition defense.

Interesting.  I wouldn’t believe this but looked up Beards history and it’s true.  Their final four year at Tech they were like 250th in ORB per game. They made their money on defensive FGP and defensive 3PP.  

Edited by ClubWhatever