#2 Texas vs #17 Illinois 6pm on ESPN - Game Day!

KingBobo81

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

We struggled to close out both Creighton and this game. 

I mean it got weird because what's his face hit 2 ridiculous 3s. We didn't do anything against Creighton to blow the game. 

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’m going to just go to bed believing Beard was trying to prove a point with this game. Could have won it, but something he needed to prove with the team. That’s the only thing I can explain. 

Did Mitchell start? I didn't tune in for a little bit. Looks like he went out shortly after he got that dunk, maybe he tweaked something.

e: And didn't Disu get hurt a little bit recently?

Edited by Brian Fantana

Just now, SarkAfterDark said:

This is a game we should've won. Illinois athleticism and their ability to play above the rim is what won this game for them.

We were up by 10. We choked on applesauce

No way to sugarcoat it. Not finishing at the rim and not letting the refs finish in our ass were the difference in the game

3 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

This team is decent.  The wins vs Creighton and Gonzaga aren’t looking as good anymore considering both of those teams have 3 losses already.  Illinois might be more legit 

I think CBB just going to be wide open this year.    I'm sure some tiers will be established over conference play but a lot of parity.

Edited by Skipper

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Did Mitchell start? I didn't tune in for a little bit. Looks like he went out shortly after he got that dunk, maybe he tweaked something.

e: And didn't Disu get hurt a little bit recently?

I don’t know about an injury but Disu looked awful today 

Early season crumble to learn from.  This game won’t mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Fuck Meyers.  He a fucking longhorn killer. 

Also, we’ve gotta get this cramping problem with Hunter figured out.  That’s two games in a row he’s dropping in an important part of a close game. 

Spoke too soon on Shannon. He was going to get his, too good a player.

At least no one, that I can see, is blaming the officiating. Probably need to spend more time on the football board to get that process down. We blew the game. No one to blame but ourselves.

Move on. Learn from this loss.The entire season's in front of us. 

7 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

His entire Texas career is rough from an efficiency perspective and from a need to dribble the air out of the ball. 

He shot around 39% three years in a row.

The first 5 games this year, he shot 45%.  He looked to be the biggest beneficiary of the Hunter addition and a revised role.

Now it looks like he's completely regressed.  He took the most shots last game and the second-most tonight.  Bad shots, many of them.

You're not good enough to be this selfish, dude.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I don’t know about an injury but Disu looked awful today 

There were reports he injured himself during practice prior to the game against Creighton. That's the reason he wasn't available to close out the game. 

I will be honest. Sometimes I feel like stuff gets said to make things nicer for the media. I'm not saying that's the case here, but I'm also saying this program isn't above that. 

Regardless, there's weirdness going on with Disu. I wish there wasn't, but it's obvious there is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

He shot around 39% three years in a row.

The first 5 games this year, he shot 45%.  He looked to be the biggest beneficiary of the Mitchell addition and a revised role.

Now it looks like he's completely regressed.  He took the most shots last game and the second-most tonight.  Bad shots, many of them.

You're not good enough to be this selfish, dude.

3-14 for the game, 0-5 from bta.   Ouch. 

Edited by ClubWhatever

2 minutes ago, MrX said:

Pretty puzzling lineup calls down the stretch. I’d rather have trial by fire for Mitchell and Morris than whatever we were rolling with under 5:00. 

Morris is still pretty raw. I understand not trusting him late. 

Mitchell is a great off the ball player on both ends of the court and a very good on-ball defender. I understand wanting him to watch from the bench and earn his time but I feel like he'd learn more by playing. 

Then again Chris Beard knows more about basketball than me and everyone else here does. 

4 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

I’ve watched too much Texas  basketball over the years to say they’re great at this point. We’ll see how they do in the regular season and in the tourney. 

The closest thing they have to a go-to player in crunch time is Allen.  You’d like that guy to be a guard.  Don’t have it right now.